Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That's no different to the bollocks that Devi is mocked for posting.

Err, no it's not, as it is deliberately aimed at recent rhetoric regarding advocating 'Zero Covid' and never-ending restrictions.

8 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Forced quarantine for all arrivals to Scotland. Elite sport exemption for elite sports will only apply to Olympic / Paralympic athletes.

Excellent trolling of Rangers by the government.

Why are olympians/paralympians getting an exemption?  do they not breathe air in a regular manner or spread the virus?

ETA does this mean Rangers will have to travel to a foreign country to play their "home" tie as I can't see their opponents agreeing to quarantine for 2 weeks in Scotland 😀

Edited by Left Back

2 hours ago, Paco said:

61,300 vaccines done yesterday!

Shit the bed.

If we can do 61300 why can't we just get more vaccines, manufacture more jabdrones and get this up to 800,000 by Thursday?

49 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Any journalist reading, feel free to ask Nicola when I'm getting my vaccine cause I've still no heard anything 😭

Call your health board and ask. I'm sure they'll book you in in short order if you've been missed.

21 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

It certainly is 🙂

The whole effing system is wrong..

if the judge sentences you to 10 years in jail then you should do 10 years.

A few years ago a judge sentenced a guy to 10 years for a crime which the judge said was horrific.

He should have continued and say but if you keep your nose clean you will be out in 5 years.

What's the point of the sentencing. They are mostly false.

6 yrs 8 mths. 

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Todays summary     Back to the usual daily update for each neighbourhood.

What is going on in Falkirk & Clacks ?  They are now over 20% worse in infection rate than the next worst area.

Home nations first: England 233.2 to 222.7 4.50% daily drop.  Wales 126.5 to123.3 2.53% daily drop. Northern Ireland  184.8 to 177.3 4.06 daily drop.

Bit of a change in Europe among the major nations. Top hitters now Czech rep 470,   the Portugal 437 Which is dropping quickly, Spain 422, then a big drop to France 208, Sweden 204.   The UK overall now below 200.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

From 23rd to 29th January reported this time last week in Scotland we were down to 136.2   

Yesterdays figure 30th Jan to 5th Feb Jan was 118.1

Todays figure for 31st Jan to 6th Feb is 115.9   A  drop of 1.86% on the day. Infections have dropped every day (now 33 days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 61.61%

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk   249.2 to 229.3  Falkirk's march to the Lowland league has been halted for now.

Clackmannanshire 205.7 to 223.1 Alloa set to join Falkirk in the Lowland league.

North Lanarkshire  180.4 to 186.0  Poor 24 hours

Glasgow City  169.6 to 168.8   

West Dunbartonshire   173.2 to 165.3 Following a bad week of rises a drop of near 5% is encouraging. 

Renfrewshire  165.8 to 163.0

Stirling  146.5 to 155.0   This is on the Falkirk trajectory

East Ayrshire   159.8 to 154.1    

South Lanarkshire  166.6 to 151.0  Down nearly 10% on the day.

East Renfrewshire  148.6 to 139.2  Decent over 6% drop on the day.

North Ayrshire 137.3 to 129.9 Decent another 5% drop following a great week.

East Dunbartonshire   127.0 to 128.9

Angus  117.9 to 118.8  

Dundee City 123.2 to 116.5

Western Isles    101.0 to 112.3 Place is riddled and not recommended for holidays 😇

West Lothian  114.1 to 112.0

South Ayrshire  110.1 to 110.1      

Inverclyde 123.4 to 106.7  Down 13.53% in one day. 1st "Weegie area" to 100 ?

Argyll & Bute  102.5 to 103.6 

East Lothian  85.9 to 98.9  Up another 15% and stuck on this ascent.

Midlothian  91.9 to 89.8  Bomb Penicuik and covid free

Moray  77.2 to 84.5  Anyone called Keith has the virus I think.

Dumfries & Galloway  86.0 to 84.0  Bomb Stranraer and also covid free

City Of Edinburgh  69.0 to 68.6

Perth & Kinross    67.1 to 67.1  

Fife   68.8 to 64.4  On the bombing theme everyone happy with targeting Methil ?

Highlands 56.8 to 61.9    

Aberdeen City  56.9 to 57.3  

Scottish  Borders  60.6 to 55.4  

Aberdeenshire 57.8 to 54.7 

Orkney Island  4.5 to 4.5  

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 4.4  

Edited by superbigal

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Why are olympians/paralympians getting an exemption?  do they not breathe air in a regular manner or spread the virus?

ETA does this mean Rangers will have to travel to a foreign country to play their "home" tie as I can't see their opponents agreeing to quarantine for 2 weeks in Scotland 😀

Do they even count as "elite" if they're amateurs ??

Germany and Spain not allowing any home Euro games either (probably others, such as Portugal I'd imagine), so possibly Rangers will need to find a neutral venue ??

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Todays summary     Back to the usual daily update for each neighbourhood.

What is going on in Falkirk & Clacks ?  They are now over 20% worse in infection rate than the next worst area.

Home nations first: England 233.2 to 222.7 4.50% daily drop.  Wales 126.5 to123.3 2.53% daily drop. Northern Ireland  184.8 to 177.3 4.06 daily drop.

Bit of a change in Europe among the major nations. Top hitters now Czech rep 470,   the Portugal 437 Which is dropping quickly, Spain 422, then a big drop to France 208, Sweden 204.   The UK overall now below 200.

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

From 23rd to 29th January reported this time last week in Scotland we were down to 136.2   

Yesterdays figure 30th Jan to 5th Feb Jan was 118.1

Todays figure for 31st Jan to 6th Feb is 115.9   A  drop of 1.86% Infections have dropped every day (now 33 days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 61.61%

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk   249.2 to 229.3  Falkirk's march to the Lowland league has been halted for now.

Clackmannanshire 205.7 to 223.1 Alloa set to join Falkirk in the Lowland league.

North Lanarkshire  180.4 to 186.0  Poor 24 hours

Glasgow City  169.6 to 168.8   

West Dunbartonshire   173.2 to 165.3 Following a bad week of rises a drop of near 5% is encouraging. 

Renfrewshire  165.8 to 163.0

Stirling  146.5 to 155.0   This is on the Falkirk trajectory

East Ayrshire   159.8 to 154.1    

South Lanarkshire  166.6 to 151.0  Down nearly 10% on the day.

East Renfrewshire  148.6 to 139.2  Decent over 6% drop on the day.

North Ayrshire 137.3 to 129.9 Decent another 5% drop following a great week.

East Dunbartonshire   127.0 to 128.9

Angus  117.9 to 118.8  

Dundee City 123.2 to 116.5

Western Isles    101.0 to 112.3 Place is riddled and not recommended for holidays 😇

West Lothian  114.1 to 112.0

South Ayrshire  110.1 to 110.1      

Inverclyde 123.4 to 106.7  Down 13.53% in one day. 1st "Weegie area" to 100 ?

Argyll & Bute  102.5 to 103.6 

East Lothian  85.9 to 98.9  Up another 15% and stuck on this ascent.

Midlothian  91.9 to 89.8  Bomb Penicuik and covid free

Moray  77.2 to 84.5  Anyone called Keith has the virus I think.

Dumfries & Galloway  86.0 to 84.0  Bomb Stranraer and also covid free

City Of Edinburgh  69.0 to 68.6

Perth & Kinross    67.1 to 67.1  

Fife   68.8 to 64.4  On the bombing theme everyone happy with targeting Methil ?

Highlands 56.8 to 61.9    

Aberdeen City  56.9 to 57.3  

Scottish  Borders  60.6 to 55.4  

Aberdeenshire 57.8 to 54.7 

Orkney Island  4.5 to 4.5  

Shetland Islands  4.4 to 4.4  

Reading the international figures, it would appear that the "new variant" isn't having the sort of effect that we're all being made to believe.

Most countries would seem to be following similar trajectories and indeed infection rates ??

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Do they even count as "elite" if they're amateurs ??

Germany and Spain not allowing any home Euro games either (probably others, such as Portugal I'd imagine), so possibly Rangers will need to find a neutral venue ??

Three of the four matches which have been moved to neutral venues so far have involved English clubs, and are all down to specific quarantine restrictions being put on UK travellers by those countries (two in Germany and one in Portugal). The other one is a Norwegian club (Molde) being unable to host a German side due to Norway's quarantine restrictions.

At the moment, it's not true to say that Germany and Spain (or Portugal) are not allowing any home Euro games.

11 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Whatever you think prescient means, it's not that. 

Hopefully you'll follow bullet points 3&4 in both sections yourself 👍 

prescient
/ˈprɛsɪənt/
adjective
  1. having or showing knowledge of events before they take place.
    "a prescient warning"

I'd say it's fairly straightforward really in terms of how we get to the end of the pandemic. Swing and a miss.

And thankfully, as I'm not a 'public health expert' in the public eye, I can continue shitposting on here to my heart's content.

4U0m6pP.png

Edited by Elixir

Surely if there's a chilling story relating to free speech over the last few days, it's this one...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-55986646
No idea what they guy tweeted but getting arrested for "offensive" tweets is nonsense.

I’ve heard that the tweet was allegedly along the lines of the only good British soldier is a dead one. That might be rubbish though.

24 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Forced quarantine for all arrivals to Scotland. Elite sport exemption for elite sports will only apply to Olympic / Paralympic athletes.

I'm wondering if this has been slightly misreported and only refers to elite sport training camp exemptions rather than the exemptions for actual matches. I can't see them essentially putting in place a policy which fucks Scotland's 6 Nations chances over and also basically eliminates Rangers from the Europa League without at least having discussed it with the relevant authorities.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Reading the international figures, it would appear that the "new variant" isn't having the sort of effect that we're all being made to believe.

Most countries would seem to be following similar trajectories and indeed infection rates ??

Wish we had whatever variant may or may not be cutting about India, tbh:

India says nearly half of the country's states have recorded no deaths from the coronavirus in the last 24 hours

32 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I phoned the number yesterday cos I don't have my letter either. They gave me my app (which is next Wed) and said I should get my letter imminently. 

Depending on which nhs region you're in there's a number to call. 

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/invitations-and-appointments/rearrange-or-opt-out-of-your-coronavirus-vaccination-appointment

Screenshot_20210209-143020_Chrome.jpg

20 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If we can do 61300 why can't we just get more vaccines, manufacture more jabdrones and get this up to 800,000 by Thursday?

Call your health board and ask. I'm sure they'll book you in in short order if you've been missed.

Cheers. It's the GP doing them here, I emailed them and they said...

"We are working on lists at the moment and we will be in touch by telephone in due course".

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
29 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Euros ???

If these restrictions are still in place in June we've got much bigger problems than that.

30 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I'm sure a letter to Her Most Britannic Majesties Government is in the post.