Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The fact that the NHS has vaccinated people who work a saturday at specsavers with no clinical training or responsibilities, security staff at the louisa jordan who work in control rooms and dont see the public, NHS accountants who are not public facing and work from home) coast guard and mountain rescue (btw when either of these are called out guess who coordinates...?) and social workers who work from home and send police out when they dont want to go, then I think its certainly fair that questions get asked. 

One final point on this.  I'd agree that the bounds of what is an NHS worker seem to have been overstepped/blurred with the above.  If that's the biggest mistake we make in the vaccination programme then I can happily live with that.

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Social workers aren’t working from home, unless clinically vulnerable. 

Same in Angus. They were jagged specifically so they could safely continue home visits. My team would have been as well had we not been punted to Finance years ago. It's actually really frustrating because welfare rights work is much easier to deal with when you can actually meet your clients and directly gather info. 

14 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

image.png.7a09a8f77e5bb82e3a49cbe122c2ee19.png

Amazing how quickly the cases of infection are dissapearing in the older age group. Vaccines kicking arse.

That’s actually quite worrying...

that there are going to no fat Cubans for the rest of us to smoke soon given the rate the vaccines are going at.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

There's no place for that negativity here. 

giphy (1).gif

Haha

I'm not even being negative. It's just completely uncontroversial scientific reality, and the reason they're quickly working on tweaks to the vaccine to body mutations. 

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Is that saying that 523 were admitted to hospital this week with Covid? 

6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Says reported so I take it that means it does, many might only be in very short term for observation/oxygen.

Before anyone starts panicking about older, vaccinated people still being admitted It's worth remembering that it's people who have tested positive in the last 28 days going in to hospital for any reason, and that you can't get the vaccine if you have recently tested positive either.

It doesn't mean that the vaccine isn't stopping older people catching it and being admitted to hospital.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well you are a diamond because its the norm in Glasgow. 

I think the below covers it quite well, it’s hard to appreciate the amount of responsibility people have from the outside. I work in a more intensive role, so have a lower case load and wouldn’t think about not attending if one of my YP was in crisis. Generally we’ll cover evenings and weekends if any YP we aren’t working with are in crisis. It’s not really appropriate for the police to be attending to a YP in crisis when someone that knows them should be. (Couldn’t tell you about the adult side of things though) Some of the social workers can have up to sixty cases, which is fucking obscene and makes it impossible to deal with everything. Same as every profession, you’ll get shite workers but generally I couldn’t envisage very many who would just pass things on to the police and tbh I think they would get shit if they did.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It can be astounding the strong opinions some on here have on here about professions whose reponsibilities, duties and pressures they have no fúcking clue about. My SiL is a Social Worker in Dundee - how she does that given the time taken to get to a call can leave little time to address any issues before having to leave for the next scheduled visit. She's shocked me with some of the cases she's had to leave to attend another call, knowing no-one else will be able to help before her next (10-15 minutes face-time max) visit. Not for a gold pig could I do what she does.