Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

July 31st 2020

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-31st-july/

"I want to be clear that in Scotland, our decisions continue to be informed by our clear strategic objective, which is to seek to eliminate COVID"

Another example here of the SG never having an elimination strategy, this time from slightly earlier, on 24th June 2020

"To avoid that, we must get as close as possible to elimination of the virus now and build confidence in our ability to control it in future through surveillance, testing, contact tracing and, where necessary, targeted suppresion measures"

Unwaveringly supporting a party like a football team because you like what they stand for is one thing, but when that support stretches to denying things that they have said and done then it's no wonder they are under zero pressure whatsoever.

They promised all this but did nothing to actually achieve it. To do so they would need to have an actual lockdown with closed borders and aggressive track and trace followed by mass testing. After that pretty much live this way until nearly everyone was vaccinated and release slowly while maintaining testing at the borders. What they actually did was pretty much nothing despite being locked down for months making the lockdown pretty much ineffective and a blunt tool that scunnered everyone into not obeying future rules.

No effective opposition and poor journalism meant that they weren’t even questioned really even the health minister is still in a job despite the chaos in care homes. They should have went hard at the start and instead just blamed Westminster for all their failings. I’m not sure how we would have got on without the furlough scheme or access to the vaccine so quickly but let’s not throw stones at that. Entire response is a joke but somehow most think that sturgeon has done a great job. Compared to someone who shook hands with covid patients, well I suppose so. In terms of a global comparison, nope. Total failure.

Edited by D.A.F.C

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Is it that you don’t have enough space at home for a proper desk/chair or you just din’t have the desk chair?  They’re still responsible for your working environment at home if they’ve asked you to WFH.

my company gave us allowances to buy stuff and my wife’s shipped monitors/chairs etc. out to her from the office.  Haven’t spoken to anyone whose company hasn’t done something to fix wfh environments once they all realised this wasn’t a 3 week lockdown.

preferred my company’s approach tbh.  As I was well set up office wise already I spent all my allowance money on a 49” widescreen monitor for gaming.  Better than spending it on anything work related.

Bit of both mate and believe me I know what their responsibilities are but it’s a long story and can’t be fucked writing it all as I’ve been through it all enough this past year. Don’t have the space as the only feasible spaces for a desk are taken up by my dining table and my daughters piano whilst my house isn’t huge but nor is it my office, my workplace or reasonable to expect me to remove a dining table set or a bloody big piano.

Currently in the process of trying to secure a spot at one of the “safe spaces” created at a couple of our main office buildings for a couple of days a week.

31 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Not every one, but he absolutely should know the longest period without any. He is, after all, the National Clinical Director.

Using the lower number to claim there were no deaths is already disingenuous IMO, but if you are going to quote it to make a point then make sure it's accurate.

"We were so close to eliminating Covid we had only 24 deaths in a month where Covid was thought to have been a factor" doesn't have quite the same punch to it when trying to show how close we were to elimination.

Without that they can't blame travel for "re-seeding" the virus and maintain support for extended travel restrictions in 2021 as they chase the #ZeroCovid unicorn. And, oh look, he went on to do just that.

His impartiality has been shot to pieces.

EvYoc1RWgAEmwY4.png

The impartiality of the civil service is more about serving the Government of the day rather having everything balanced which is why you see things like the SG talking about "damaging brexit" and the UKG talking about "migrants" these are not impartial statements as of course for some sectors Brexit is great and no everyone in the rafts crossing the channel is a migrant.

He should apologies of course but he has been working flat out for a year and is probably as scunnered with this as well all are, I'm sure there are probably hundreds of examples of missing 1 case although trying to answer the questions live with data from memory can't be easy but like you say identifying dates without being certain just creates a distraction needlessly.

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

He should apologies of course but he has been working flat out for a year and is probably as scunnered with this as well all are

843612228_tenor(29).gif.6b11e37fbc95344c4dc73ea27194c7fd.gif

Aye that'll be why he's been pontificating on Off the Ball with his big mate Tam Cowan every fucking week. That must be in his civil service contract. 

40 minutes ago, 101 said:

The impartiality of the civil service is more about serving the Government of the day rather having everything balanced which is why you see things like the SG talking about "damaging brexit" and the UKG talking about "migrants" these are not impartial statements as of course for some sectors Brexit is great and no everyone in the rafts crossing the channel is a migrant.

He should apologies of course but he has been working flat out for a year and is probably as scunnered with this as well all are, I'm sure there are probably hundreds of examples of missing 1 case although trying to answer the questions live with data from memory can't be easy but like you say identifying dates without being certain just creates a distraction needlessly.

He's clearly fucking loving it and has his eye on media opportunities. Day time telly beckons.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

843612228_tenor(29).gif.6b11e37fbc95344c4dc73ea27194c7fd.gif

Aye that'll be why he's been pontificating on Off the Ball with his big mate Tam Cowan every fucking week. That must be in his civil service contract. 

Has he? Christ thought he did it once :lol: if anything would make you beg for the end of a pandemic is spending every Saturday with Tam.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He's clearly fucking long it and has his eye on media opportunities. Day time telly beckons.

No doubt Div will be lining him up to do the next podcast.

The MSM are on a full on war footing due to the May elections looming, we can expect more and more nitpicking "revelations" and faux "outrage" in the lead up, meanwhile ignoring the blatant corruption of Hancock and friends.

Having said that, I do so enjoy the guest appearances and musings of the likes of Jack McConnell, Henry McLeish, Malcolm Roughkind etc telling us all how it SHOULD be done and why they were a great success as Scottish leaders and Ministers and why the SNP are, well, just bad.

40 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

They promised all this but did nothing to actually achieve it. To do so they would need to have an actual lockdown with closed borders and aggressive track and trace followed by mass testing. After that pretty much live this way until nearly everyone was vaccinated and release slowly while maintaining testing at the borders. What they actually did was pretty much nothing despite being locked down for months making the lockdown pretty much ineffective and a blunt tool that scunnered everyone into not obeying future rules.

No effective opposition and poor journalism meant that they weren’t even questioned really even the health minister is still in a job despite the chaos in care homes. They should have went hard at the start and instead just blamed Westminster for all their failings. I’m not sure how we would have got on without the furlough scheme or access to the vaccine so quickly but let’s not throw stones at that. Entire response is a joke but somehow most think that sturgeon has done a great job. Compared to someone who shook hands with covid patients, well I suppose so. In terms of a global comparison, nope. Total failure.

We don't grow enough food to close our borders. You've been told this several times.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He's clearly fucking loving it and has his eye on media opportunities. Day time telly beckons.

If he’s going to put himself out there as a spokesman he should either know his facts and figures, or fess up that he doesn’t.  Bullshitters always get outed in the end.  I’ve got zero sympathy for him not knowing what he’s on about.

Maybe he should have deferred the question to the guys.

Just now, Left Back said:

If he’s going to put himself out there as a spokesman he should either know his facts and figures, or fess up that he doesn’t.  Bullshitters always get outed in the end.  I’ve got zero sympathy for him not knowing what he’s on about.

Maybe he should have deferred the question to the guys.

The market he appeals to has no capacity for facts or accuracy. It is the "wee Nicola/big Jason has done well" level of scrutiny he succeeds at.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The market he appeals to has no capacity for facts or accuracy. It is the "wee Nicola/big Jason has done well" level of scrutiny he succeeds at.

The general public, a great bunch of lads.

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Food doesn't spread covid dum dum

Does the food just magically appear in the UK from other countries?

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Are we following science now. As in furiously Google something to back up a point. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/food-and-COVID-19.html

Wow look, it's easy this science malarkey