Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I avoid Zoom fatigue by spending 6 hours a day on MS Teams.

^^^ Had first dose of microchips

30 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

To be fair, we use both at work I’d say MS teams is the worst of the two by a fair way.

^^^ Still waiting

A friend got his vaccine the other day despite not having his letter. He took his wife to get hers and she just chanced it and asked. Apparently the leftover vaccines get binned if not used by the end of the day. Was going to try the same when my wife gets hers next week but with it being a 1.45 slot i doubt I will.

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've to go to the Louisa Jordan next week, anyone know what the deal is with car parking?

Here at the Louisa Jordan right now, just follow the signs into the multi storey car park, the barriers are up and there is staff to direct you to the second floor. Use the walkway to the SEC and it’s free 👍

13 minutes ago, philpy said:

A friend got his vaccine the other day despite not having his letter. He took his wife to get hers and she just chanced it and asked. Apparently the leftover vaccines get binned if not used by the end of the day. Was going to try the same when my wife gets hers next week but with it being a 1.45 slot i doubt I will.

You've no chance of getting a "spare" at that time. However, if you live close to the centre/surgery administering the vaccine you might get a call at closing time, should there be any left over.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You've no chance of getting a "spare" at that time. However, if you live close to the centre/surgery administering the vaccine you might get a call at closing time, should there be any left over.

I'll just have to wait. Her appointment is in the center of Edinburgh, she had to reschedule from the place at musselburgh uni due to work commitments

Don't know if anyone watches Luck on Sunday on Racing TV. They are covering the return of spectators and racing steering group advising that there are indications that mass spectator events even after 21 June may require LFT negative results to gain entry. Discussion is whether that would be on site on the day (almost impossible they say logistically) or via a "passport " system.

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Germans seeming less certain about the AstraZenaca jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56227171

I think this is too late for them, unfortunately. They created a narrative and will achieve partial success at best reversing the position as the minds of many will be made up and they'll no longer be interested. 

Winning people back round is never easy once you've lost them. 

Edited by Michael W

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I think this is too late for them, unfortunately. They created a narrative and will achieve partial success at best reversing the position as the minds of many will be made up and they'll no longer be interested. 

Winning people back round is never easy once you've lost them. 

For example:

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Don't know if anyone watches Luck on Sunday on Racing TV. They are covering the return of spectators and racing steering group advising that there are indications that mass spectator events even after 21 June may require LFT negative results to gain entry. Discussion is whether that would be on site on the day (almost impossible they say logistically) or via a "passport " system.

It would be utterly pointless and will never last. Lateral flow testing is a busted flush.