Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Scientists are deemed nuts as well on this thread.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, that's true.

Do these types know that the Good Guys on here are the ones in alignment with the overwhelming scientific consensus, which is that SARS-CoV-2 will not be eliminated or eradicated? It is the Scottish Government and their subpar advisers who are quite clearly pishing into the wind in this respect.

This is simply not up for debate. It is indisputable.

25 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

moronic statements naturally from the Greens supporting the elimination proposal irrespective of the effect on peoples lives.

The greens are always happy with anything that shuts down economic activity.  Economies kill the planet.

40 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'm in 4 days a week from Monday - 2 x 2.5 hour sessions - split class - maximum of 10 pupils per session.

3 of the days are for my Senior Phase classes and the other I'm doing HWB with S3s on Careers Management.

Careers?! There’s going to be no economy left at this rate! 

They're obviously all getting their info from the same source. It's no coincidence they've all tried to dampen expectations in the last couple of days. Which would be fine, if the modelling is robust and the assumptions turn out to be at least verging on correct. 

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

What I don't get is that Nicola Sturgeon is clearly a very intelligent woman. It doesn't take a genius to see that zero covid in Scotland is a complete no go simply on the basis of us having an open border with England, so I don't understand why she seems so set on it.

It’s ridiculous to the point where it’s completely unsustainable and, IMO, simply won’t happen.