Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Mental that so many still  think NS is handling the pandemic well.

I'd love to know what they base this opinion on.

Not much more than not being Boris Johnson. The superficiality of people's views shouldn't be underestimated.

43 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Lower death rate than England and Wales

25 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I thought case numbers were irrelevant, and it was hospitalisations and ICU that mattered?

All I’m looking for is a bit of consistency here...

Couple of questions:

- Is death date the only metric for how successful a government has been during the pandemic? That seems a wildly narrow viewpoint as it ignores a multitude of other incredibly important issues (mental health impact, economy etc) they should have been balancing risk against.

- Are we only allowed to compare ourselves to other U.K. nations? Can we not compare against any of the other vast number of countries to evaluate how we have performed? Again seems an incredibly narrow viewpoint to take.

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Oh great so folks in Inverclyde get punished because people in areas like Pollokshaws East where they are essentially dingying every restriction and cases are high?

That's twice you have mentioned Pollockshaws East over the past few days now. Typical cop. 

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Couple of questions:

- Is death date the only metric for how successful a government has been during the pandemic? That seems a wildly narrow viewpoint as it ignores a multitude of other incredibly important issues (mental health impact, economy etc) they should have been balancing risk against.

- Are we only allowed to compare ourselves to other U.K. nations? Can we not compare against any of the other vast number of countries to evaluate how we have performed? Again seems an incredibly narrow viewpoint to take.

People will always cherry pick data to support the point of view they're trying to get across.  

I thought case numbers were irrelevant, and it was hospitalisations and ICU that mattered?

All I’m looking for is a bit of consistency here...

I think most people said it was only deaths and hospitalisations that mattered after the vulnerable had been vaccinated.

1 minute ago, stuart87 said:

I think most people said it was only deaths and hospitalisations that mattered after the vulnerable had been vaccinated.

Protecting the NHS(the whole reason for lockdown in the first place) meant it was always only about deaths and hospitalisations.

Pre-vaccines case numbers were a predictable indicator of what was coming deaths and hospitalisations wise so people were happy to accept that as an indicator.  That direct link has now been broken though which is why people are unhappy about case numbers being used to determine restrictions.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Maybe we are meant to pray our way to zero covid?

It may have already been posted on here already but I see that 28 faith leaders are taking the SG to court over why the Scottish churches were closed as so many countries around Europe still had them open.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/coronavirus-in-scotland-28-faith-leaders-head-for-court-over-government-decision-to-close-churches-3161418

Praying worked for Tanzania. Officially no covid there. 

It's probably some other respiratory disease that's hospitalised the president. 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

steve coogan shrug GIF

I want normality and my foreign holidays back as much as you (possibly even more so), however there's absolutely no point in deluding ourselves with just posting positive stuff that everyone want to read.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I want normality and my foreign holidays back as much as you (possibly even more so), however there's absolutely no point in deluding ourselves with just posting positive stuff that everyone want to read.

There's also no point in posting negative stories about places (particularly batshit mental ones who's leader tells people to "stop whining") with no / few vaccines dished out having a bad time of it.

What point were you making here, that covid kills people?

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, WATTOO said:

Quite. So long as there's one bombscare of a leader taking a rather lax approach to this, then Covid will have the opportunity to exist, transmit, mutate etc. Bolsonaro needs brought to task by the rest of the worlds' leaders.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

There's also no point in posting negative stories about places with no / few vaccines dished out having a bad time of it.

What point were you making here, that covid kills people?

Are you for real ??

I posted an article from the headlines of the national news for christs sake, get a grip !!