Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, effeffsee_the2nd said:

must have read yestardays wrong then

from stv news  ; The daily test positivity rate is 2.6% and statistics also revealed a total of 264 people are being treated in hospital, with 22 in ICU.

I believe you are right, I just had a gander at the stats. The numbers are dropping every day now though, it’s just too difficult to keep up 🍺

16 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

must have read yestardays wrong then

from stv news  ; The daily test positivity rate is 2.6% and statistics also revealed a total of 264 people are being treated in hospital, with 22 in ICU.

You are right, I must’ve missed the numbers yesterday. Cigars away.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I really don’t see how they’ll be able to justify having the majority of the economy closed in a months time when hospital figures will be so low, and highly unlikely to reach worrying levels again. 

I'm expecting to have a fair amount of new freedom sometime before May 6th.

31 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We are genuinely going to have double figures in hospital and single figures in ICU within a couple of weeks. Surely they will have to speed up the easing of restrictions?

What isn't clear is how many folk go into hospital with Covid, and how many go into hospital for something else and catch Covid there. I heard on Radio Scotland a couple of weeks ago that something like 60% of hospital infections were caught in hospital. SO this number might stay high for a bit.

20 hours ago, superbigal said:

Daily Cases Update:   A decent day by all accounts. Any drop currently is a bonus so nearly 2% not to be sneezed at.

It's pick on a council day. North Lanarkshire seems to be the exception as it continues to do what North Lanarkshire does. It is on a very long run of 92 days in the top 8 councils. This must be as good as it gets for Lockdown in certain areas. North Lanarkshire was last below 100 cases per 100K on the 1st October or 177 days ago. Even then it was still top 5 !!!  Surely it must have herd immunity by now 😉

61 cases in and around Breich the most dangerous place in Scotland,  double that in the whole of South Ayrshire, which is so close to joining my exclusive whisky club.  The situation in Europe as highlighted below is still a mess. 

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 20th March to 26th March were  3842 now 3773 down 1.80%. Positivity was 2.8% still 2.8%.   Cases per 100k were  70.3 now 69.1

Home Nations Daily update:  UK Average  57.3 to 56.4, England  57/0 to 56.0,  Wales 39.6 to 39.0, Northern Ireland 56.4 to 55.0

NHS Progress   Lanarkshire 110.9 to 110.0, Greater Glasgow  95.5 to 94.7, Forth Valley  79.6 to 80.2,  Lothian  77.7 to 75.8,  the rest all under Scottish average.

European (Above 2 Million Population) Shockers: Hungary 625 to 637, Poland 427 to 501, Serbia  504 to 494, Czech 557 to 425, France 392, Bulgaria 360 to 361, Sweden 328 to 346, Belgium 258 to 341, Bosnia 324, Slovenia 318, Netherlands 262 to 292.  Italy 264 to 258, all over 250 and showing how much worse it is in Europe.  The UK only has below it  Denmark 43, Portugal 28 (Who were top recently !!!) and Russia 43.   

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Bad boys over 100 cases club

West Lothian   170.9 to 158.4   Dropping again but  Breich Valley actually up  to 1,242

North Lanarkshire   141.2 to 143.5 Rising 7 days in a row, Coltness now  1,050

Glasgow City 108.0 to 104.6   

Under 100 Club

Renfrewshire  93.2 to 98.8  Seems to be  widespread rather than an outbreak. So will likely crack the bad boys club again shortly.

Clackmannanshire 79.5 to 97.0  This tiny authority loves an outbreak. Sauchie this time.

Falkirk  96.3 to 90.1

West Dunbartonshire  94.5 to 94.5  

East Renfrewshire   94.2 to 90.0

Moray  88.7 to 87.7

North Ayrshire   84.6 to 85.3  

Dundee City   92.4 to 83.7  Students now falling of the stats. Shame it was not top floor of their building.

East Dunbartonshire 67.2 to 74.6  All Dunbartonshire long since doused out the Cigars.

South Lanarkshire 78.6 to 74.3 

Under Scottish Average club 69.1

Midlothian 66.0 to 60.6

City Of Edinburgh  54.3 to 55.2

Stirling  51.0 to 54.1  

Fife  52.7 to 50.3  

SUB 50 Good Guys

East Lothian 40.2 to 46.7

Perth & Kinross   49.4 to 44.8

Aberdeen City 44.2 to 45.9

East Ayrshire 40.2 to 42.6

Angus  36.1 to 39.6 

Inverclyde 36.0 to 37.3

Aberdeenshire 32.5 to 32.5

South Ayrshire  39.1 to 30.2 Excellent day down over 20%

Havana & Malt Whisky club Sub 30.0

Shetland Islands  26.2 to 26.2

Dumfries & Galloway  23.5 to 21.5  

Highlands  17.4 to 12.7  Superb at low level down 27%

Western Isles   11.2 to 11.2

Scottish  Borders   6.9 to 9.5

Argyll & Bute  4.7 to 4.7

Orkney Island  4.5 to 4.5    

Edited by superbigal

13 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I really don’t see how they’ll be able to justify having the majority of the economy closed in a months time when hospital figures will be so low, and highly unlikely to reach worrying levels again. 

Think you're forgetting about VACCINE BUSTING VARIANTS, thanks.

only 5 less in hospital and no change to ICU, only a wee rolly today lads, save the cigars

For those still obsessing about case numbers, lowest Monday numbers, and lowest Monday positivity rate since the start of October.

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What isn't clear is how many folk go into hospital with Covid, and how many go into hospital for something else and catch Covid there. I heard on Radio Scotland a couple of weeks ago that something like 60% of hospital infections were caught in hospital. SO this number might stay high for a bit.

Not quite what I recall, in December 65% of covid deaths were caused by infections picked up in hospital, if my version is correct it certainly adds a bit of credence to why Sturgeon and Co cleared the auld yins out of hospital and into care homes. 

Edited by ayrmad

Big problem now is any bringing forward of easing is going to be seized upon by opposition parties as being a political manoeuvre given we are in the midst of an election campaign. It really shouldn't but you can almost hear DRoss from here if it does happen.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
24 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Big problem now is any bringing forward of easing is going to be seized upon by opposition parties as being a political manoeuvre given we are in the midst of an election campaign. It really shouldn't but you can almost hear DRoss from here if it does happen.

Surely NS would do it if she thinks it will boost her votes? It should be done regardless, and everyone should be pushing for things to be eased at the earliest opportunity no matter what party you are. 

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

only 5 less in hospital and no change to ICU, only a wee rolly today lads, save the cigars

I think the Sunday to Monday hospital reductions are generally the lowest.

Maybe something to do with less discharges on a Sunday, just a guess. 

Would expect a decent drop tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

IMG_1617027759.929982.jpg

And here is your weekly reminder that vaccines really do work.

The 45 -64 group now showing a sustained drop as more of them get vaccinated.

Interesting that the 0-14 group has levelled off, despite the second lot of kids returning to school a fortnight ago.

21 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Surely NS would do it if she thinks it will boost her votes? It should be done regardless, and everyone should be pushing for things to be eased at the earliest opportunity no matter what party you are. 

I don't even think the re-opening we are getting now was on the cards until England published theirs, I recon they had every intention of going back to the old levels system complete with travel restrictions, wet pubs in level 1 only and all that pish.   they haven't even given a pencilled in date for lifting all legal restrictions