Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm in Italy and a colleague (I swear!) got deemed unsuitable for the AZ jag at the weekend due to her BMI being too high. Is this a criteria in Scotland? 
Needles insufficient length to penetrate the muscle through the bingo wing can be the only possible explanation for that !

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:
I'm in Italy and a colleague (I swear!) got deemed unsuitable for the AZ jag at the weekend due to her BMI being too high. Is this a criteria in Scotland? 

Needles insufficient length to penetrate the muscle through the bingo wing can be the only possible explanation for that !

Kenneth!!!

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

BBC News - Covid: Strength of defence against new wave unclear, says PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56569838

Sounds more like he is trying to get people to not get carried away with lockdown rather than anything else.  In England, 21st June seems to have been built up to a position that would be humiliating to backtrack from if infections/hospitalisations/deaths were to significantly  increase.  It smacks of trying to cover his arse if it all goes wrong again.  

Undoubtedly he has backed himself into a corner, but the fact he says that rises in numbers were inevitable as England exits lockdown would suggest that England are committed to learning to live with the virus as they return to normal. Such overtures aren't forthcoming from the SG but I doubt we'll see any changes in policy, restrictions or rhetoric between now and the election either way.  

I know that some of us (myself included) get worked up over comments from public health advisers about ongoing restrictions, but I'm trying to remind myself that they are not policy makers and will always suggest things that are of direct benefit to their area of responsibility/expertise.  For example, social distancing and lockdown is technically the most effective way to control the virus and so, from their point of view, it's the best policy to follow. 

What they are not, however, responsible for is the damage that such a scorched-earth policy would do the rest of society and the economy.  I just hope that those who are actually in power are able to weigh up the arguments from all sides and come to a balanced and pragmatic conclusion.  Once the over 50s are all vaccinated, it probably is as good as it's going to get in terms of hospitalisations and deaths.  Variants may be an issue going forward, so surveillance of cases and sequencing should continue without intruding on day to day life and we cannot have such draconian measures based on hypotheticals. 

Once hospital numbers and deaths are negligible (and that will be soon, looking at the falls in those numbers) we need to stop setting fire to the economy and get back to it. 

Edited by super_carson

NHS website classes morbid obesity as clinically vaunerable so they were in first groups

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Given the number of fatties in Scotland, I'll go with 'no'.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
3 hours ago, ICTChris said:
I’m pretty certain that there’s a big GSK manufacturing plant in Barnard Castle which has been there for many years.

Exactly. I remember having the conversation at the time, when people were asking why that cűnt had headed there. It's their European HQ, I believe, or at least their major location in this country. Cummings would have been negotiating terms with them. Or size of backhanders, in layman's terms.

GSKs global HQ is in Brentford.  Barnard Castle is a production facility.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Positive news like that could see maybe 300 of us in a football ground by October and maybe allowed to go to the pub for a few hours.  Even better you can take a flight if you earn over 250k by next Spring.   

Watch out for those perky variants though and if we end up with 5000 cases and nobody in hospital then we lockdown.  Stay safe, we don't know what's coming next...

There better not be ANY alcohol even allowed on premises if that comes to pass.

Ah, cheers. I wasn't sure - there's a lot of lies, counter lies and media spin gone under the bridge since Cummings put his family at risk, and it's easy to get some bits of the narrative wrong.
Still think the baldy little tw@ was up to no good, mind.

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:
10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Ah, cheers. I wasn't sure - there's a lot of lies, counter lies and media spin gone under the bridge since Cummings put his family at risk, and is ready to get some bits of the narrative wrong.

I occasionally work in the Brentford area and hte GSK building is a gigantic Blade Runner esque building with a huge luminous 'GSK' on the roof which is the only reason I know.

27 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Ah, cheers. I wasn't sure - there's a lot of lies, counter lies and media spin gone under the bridge since Cummings put his family at risk, and it's easy to get some bits of the narrative wrong.
Still think the baldy little tw@ was up to no good, mind.

That goes without saying.