Coronavirus (COVID-19)

27 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Baseline ICU capacity pre-pandemic was something like 180 was it not?

Yes it was. It was reported back in March last year they were on their way to doubling it to 360, with a potential surge capacity for up to 600. During March/April last year and Jan/Feb this year, they've had to make lots of use of the extra capacity with at times 150-200+ Covid patients alone in ICU beds.

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That’s outrageous from Devi. Literally lying about the effectiveness of a vaccine and hinting a need for further lockdown because of it. Fucking seething reading that. 

I'm honestly speechless.

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That’s outrageous from Devi. Literally lying about the effectiveness of a vaccine and hinting a need for further lockdown because of it. Fucking seething reading that. 

I haven't read her tweet but did see this one following up the Newsnight report that Public Health England are concerned about variants being imported, and it goes on to say the "internal estimates suggest that the SA variant might reduce vaccine efficacy to sub 50%".

I don't quite understand the angst about this, and can't see why they don't just have more strict border controls while AZ get on with improving the effectiveness of the vaccine against these known variants so that we can continue to progress as planned? Don't give people the chance to get worried.

Edited by s_dog

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

A dangerous sinister individual who only cares about her own warped view of the world and her chance to be a big player in said world.

She makes me sick, she has to be held to account. 

Simply an abhorrent person.

Hides behind a mask as well which has a lot of people fooled.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

She really is astonishingly thin-skinned, isn't she? 

Screenshot_20210326_170527_com.twitter.android.jpg

Unsurprising she wouldn't want to debate her lie with someone actually working in vaccine development. She is so far out of her remit and depth.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

What's everyone's favourite nutritionist saying now? She blocked me on Twitter months ago.

Blanket quarantine required because variants. In particular, France has the SA variant and we should be quarantining everyone from there as the AZ vaccine doesn't work against the SA variant. 

Anyone pointing out that what she said isnt quite true and was based on a small scale trial is joining you on her block list. Her phone must by now have a hole punched through it where that button is displayed. 

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Sridhar and those independent SAGE freakshows openly lying about the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine with regards the 'South Africa vArIaNt'. Absolutely unbelievable.

She has to go from her position. Untenable.

She’s blocked a couple of scientific types simply because they’ve challenged her on her nonsense today, and she’s gone defensive claiming she’s being destroyed.

i can imagine she gets sick of being questioned off a layman like me, but just patching any reasonable detailed arguments from people who know the ins and outs of the data simply because it doesn’t suit her narrative and bank balance is shite.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

There was a fairground in full swing next to Ochilview last year. Whilst a game was on. That it was said to be unsafe for people to watch.

😂😂

Not that it matters, but it was The Falkirk Stadium.

Falkirk played the Shire in a pre-season friendly that was strictly behind closed doors, and all fans barred from attending. Meanwhile, at the exact same time, a traveling fairground was going full tilt in the stadium car park.

Blanket quarantine required because variants. In particular, France has the SA variant and we should be quarantining everyone from there as the AZ vaccine doesn't work against the SA variant. 
Anyone pointing out that what she said isnt quite true and was based on a small scale trial is joining you on her block list. Her phone must by now have a hole punched through it where that button is displayed. 
Ahhh good old Devi.

She blocked me for calling her a roaster (which was probably deserved tbf) but blocking people who are actually qualified to challenge her absurd views is utterly pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Ahhh good old Devi.

She blocked me for calling her a roaster (which was probably deserved tbf) but blocking people who are actually qualified to challenge her absurd views is utterly pathetic.

The comments on her latest tweet are glorious. Wave after wave of people criticising the blatant lie she’s spread and calling for her to admit it and issue a correction. 

Hint: she won’t.

Edit: read on further and there are unfortunately also waves of “that weather eh?” posts. Disappointing.

Edited by Honest_Man#1