Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Daily Cases Update:  Day 56 of consecutive rises, up to 386.8 per 100K.  Infectivity now 9.7%.  With a couple of huge rises to be added in the coming days with 3,823 reported yesterday.  Should take us to over 22,000 cases and a rate of circa 410 per 100K !!!

Whitfield in Dundee has more cases than Albania & North Macedonia combined. Positivity of 16.7% in Dundee & still rising.

New European figures today.   Scotland 375.4, England 160.2, Portugal 109.3 (rising), Russia 97.8 (rising), Spain 76.3 (rising) Northern Ireland 73.7, Wales 73.7,  at other end we have Poland 1.9 (falling), Germany 5.1 (falling), Italy 7.4 (falling), Switzerland 8.4 (falling), Czech 9.0 (falling), Sweden 14.2 (falling) 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland previously peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 23rd June to 29th June  were  20,493  now 21,130  up 3.11%.  Positivity was 9.4% now 9.7%.   Cases per 100k were  375.4 now 386.8

Home Nations Daily update :  UK Average  157.0 to 168.6 up 7.39%, England  149.0 to 160.2 up 7.52%,  Wales 71.8 to 73.7 up 2.65%, Northern Ireland  73.1 to 73.7 up 0.82%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City  788.2 to 816.4  When is it going to slow down. 16.7% positivity.  

Midlothian  676.0 to 686.8  

East Lothian   623.8 to 593.9 LEVEL 1   3rd day in a row of dropping cases.

City Of Edinburgh    585.0 to 586.4  

Renfrewshire   486.3 to 511.4  Rises above the English no go area. 

Blackburn with Darwen  490.3 to 503.7

East Dunbartonshire  430.8 to 475.0

West Dunbartonshire  454.3 to 468.9  LEVEL 1 

East Renfrewshire   430.2 to 464.8  

East Ayrshire  454.9 to 444.2

Glasgow City   410.7 to 438.3

Angus   423.4 to 424.3  LEVEL 1

Fife  374.8 to 404.5  LEVEL 1

Perth & Kinross  362.6 to 388.9  LEVEL 1 

Aberdeen City   356.8 to 373.9  LEVEL1  

West Lothian  359.4 to 361.0   LEVEL1  

North Lanarkshire   350.9 to 344.8

Falkirk  330.7 to 332.5  LEVEL 1

Inverclyde 276.3 to 302.1  LEVEL 1  

South Lanarkshire  278.9 to 286.1

Clackmannanshire  277.5 to 283.3

Stirling    268.5 to 273.9

South Ayrshire  246.9 to 256.6

North Ayrshire   247.9 to 255.3

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Scottish  Borders  264.9 to 249.3  

Highlands  217.5 to 239.6

Argyll & Bute  235.2 to 227.1 

Aberdeenshire    184.5 to 196.8

Dumfries & Galloway  144.4 to 140.4

Moray  69.9 to 75.1

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Shetland Islands    56.7 to 69.8 

Orkney Islands 40.4 to 49.4

Western Isles 7.5 to 11.2

36 minutes ago, superbigal said:

When I was a summer postie over 30 years ago my house was also on my route.
Used to nip home for breakfast and then finish late and claim overtime.
Also used to deliver my own Giro.
Magnificent days when you could get away with murder. Loved the job.
Favourite was knowing where dogs were hovering behind the letter box. Then holding onto the mail as they tried to savage you. emoji1787.png

You're not on furlough at the moment by any chance ???

42 minutes ago, superbigal said:

When I was a summer postie over 30 years ago my house was also on my route.
Used to nip home for breakfast and then finish late and claim overtime.
Also used to deliver my own Giro.
Magnificent days when you could get away with murder. Loved the job.
Favourite was knowing where dogs were hovering behind the letter box. Then holding onto the mail as they tried to savage you. emoji1787.png

I had a summer job in 1999 selling gas, electricity and phone contracts door to door. My grandmother lived in the patch I was working so I had lunch there every day. Her neighbours and friends came round and a fair few of them signed up. Targets hit, with hardly any work. I was at her house the day the Queen opened the Scottish parliament and watched the whole thing instead of pounding the tarmac. 

Wife of a colleague has tested positive and now all her school run mum friends have a note to self-isolate, sending her into a bit of emotional turmoil as she's convinced she's infected them all.  Sad times.

11:04

facemask.png?bypass-service-worker

Greater Manchester mayor says face masks should stay after 19 July 

Boris Johnson has said the UK is aiming to get back to normal as far as possible this month, and sources earlier told the Daily Mail that the requirement for face masks could be dropped in shops. 

But Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham has said he wants the measure to stay in place even if lockdown is completely lifted. 

Speaking on the BBC's Newsnight, he said:  "I am worried about reports that distancing is going to be dropped, and masks are going to be dropped. You've got to keep one or the other, you can't get rid of distancing and the requirement to wear masks.

"You've got to think of people who feel worried about being out there. I think about the tram in Manchester, I know if that [social distancing] goes some people will feel very vulnerable to use the tram, I think it's better to keep the masks requirement." 

The mayor has often been in disagreement with the government during the pandemic, causing a stir when he hit out at local lockdowns in Greater Manchester

See the source image

You're not on furlough at the moment by any chance ???
Graduated to Public Sector (cooncil) and skived for another decade. However been working diligently in the real world for 20 years now. Busier than ever during Pandemic as having to manage others home working for manufacturing not easy. I still reminisce the old days though.
The weather always seemed to be fantastic at 5.45am.

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Do you count 8 weeks from the day of your first jab?  If so then I’d be due it on Tuesday.  No letter yet and seeing as I deliver the post to my own house I can hardly blame the mail.

In Glasgow I was bang on 8 weeks with exactly the same appointment time and day, had the letter 3 weeks in advance. 

Kudos to them for that but both jags were after work which meant I couldn't get a decent skyve off. 

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Boris Johnson has said the UK is aiming to get back to normal as far as possible this month, and sources earlier told the Daily Mail that the requirement for face masks could be dropped in shops. 

But Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham has said he wants the measure to stay in place even if lockdown is completely lifted. 

Speaking on the BBC's Newsnight, he said:  "I am worried about reports that distancing is going to be dropped, and masks are going to be dropped. You've got to keep one or the other, you can't get rid of distancing and the requirement to wear masks.

"You've got to think of people who feel worried about being out there. I think about the tram in Manchester, I know if that [social distancing] goes some people will feel very vulnerable to use the tram, I think it's better to keep the masks requirement." 

The mayor has often been in disagreement with the government during the pandemic, causing a stir when he hit out at local lockdowns in Greater Manchester

See the source image

tenor.gif

Edited by scottsdad
Edit to add that Burnham is a w****r, not effeffsee_the2nd

If the government tried to put in place additional restrictions on Greater Manchester, given that it is the plague pit of England, he would be the first to complain about it. As ever, he will not see the contradiction in the stances he continues to take. 

He's had his full embarrassing Johnson and Sturgeon, but when you look past it the man is an idiot. 

Now, of only we had safe and effective vaccines that meant we didn't have to bother with distancing and masks... 

Edited by Michael W

4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

See the source image

Burnham is clearly using this to further his own political ambitions.  In the grand scheme of things, a mayor doesn't wield a huge amount of power but by making statements like this, exploiting Sturgeon's cock-up with the Manchester travel ban publically and continually picking fights with both the SG and Westminster he increases his political capital.  

He's a bit of a cock, really.  

Edited by super_carson

2 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Burnham is clearly using this to further his own political ambitions.  In the grand scheme of things, a mayor doesn't have wield a huge amount of power but by making statements like this, exploiting Sturgeon's cock-up with the Manchester travel ban publically and continually picking fights with both the SG and Westminster he increases his political capital.  

He's a bit of a cock, really.  

Probably the type of cock the younger lefty weirdos would support as labour leader down the line.

I think he knows he’s got his audience worked out and just keeps playing to them.

Since when did everyone become responsible for everyone else? It's not my duty to keep Helen Lovejoy safe on the train or in the supermarket by wearing a bit of cloth over my face. When restrictions are lifted then those who want to get on with life will and those who don't "feel safe" won't.

Burnham is a clown.

Burnham is a total cuck and is turning into a Sturgeon reply guy on Twitter.

Sturgeon should call his bluff and ask people from Scotland visiting Manchester to wear a face mask despite the requirement being lifted.

He’d be jumping through hoops trying to figure out how to respond to that one.

5 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Probably the type of cock the younger lefty weirdos would support as labour leader down the line.

I think he knows he’s got his audience worked out and just keeps playing to them.

He seems to have the North West indie/rock scene in the palm of his hands.  The Adidas crew.