Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Nope. We were booted out of the Dunfermline game ASAP, milling about on stairwells and the likes. 

Club's duty of care to you was done as soon as ref blew for time it appeared.

It’s a fcuking joke now, isn’t it. The only thing missing on Saturday will be John Swinney standing beside me with a wee cardboard box selling macaroon bars, spearmint chewing gum, an’ ra’ tartan facemasks.

4 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Genuine question...

Is there a particular reason why they have absolutely fucked their vaccination program?

Despite being more 'zero covid-y' than everywhere else, they surely knew that vaccination was the only way they could get out of this?

They've had plenty time to sort it, so to be in this position so far down the line is inexplicable.

A relative of mine in NZ is mid 70s and only got their first jag about 4 weeks ago.

That's a fair age for a sheep

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s a fcuking joke now, isn’t it. The only thing missing on Saturday will be John Swinney standing beside me with a wee cardboard box selling macaroon bars, spearmint chewing gum, an’ ra’ tartan facemasks.

I asked the question cos I'm a nosy b*****d:

image.png.8c0de9ff4ebd411cb60beab66c5eaf5b.png

So, how is staggered arrivals preventing pub dwelling going to drive pub numbers down post game when everycunt piles out and goes to the pub?

I'd say most supporters who go to the pub on a matchday do so after the game. And this will be the case at 4:50 on a Saturday at ER or Tynecastle when everyone is allowed to just pile out (unless the council want to hold folk in their seats for an hour or two post match to dissuade pub activity) 

So I genuinely don't understand what staggered arrivals are actually supposed to be achieving in this scenario.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They pretty well gave up on that after the first few weeks in Inverness, I never got the hang of it tbh. One remaining annoyance in my local Tesco is you have to exit from the opposite side of the building from the entrance and where the car park is.

Start walking backwards

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If you don’t have to wear a mask in a club then you shouldn’t have to wear a mask at a football ground or in a supermarket. 

Shambles. 

Just dance around the supermarket or football terracing. Problem solved. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

What difference does staggered arrivals make given we are told that you need to be in air space of someone for around 15 minutes to catch it?

Are we seriously to believe that 30-60 seconds walking through a busy stand to your seat marks you as high risk? Because if so, that's completely against what we've been told the last 18 months.

I can only speak of my experience attending the Ayr game v Killie on Monday.  We had a certain entry time and rocked up about 10 mins before it. Outside rugby park there was hundred(s) of folk milling around waiting for their entry times to be announced over the tannoy. Utter madness. Then there was staggered exits for each block 

Social distancing is out the window come monday,so I dont see how staggering entry times after monday can be tolerated......

Also I wont be wearing a mask or snood when inside the ground watching the game,only time it will be worn will be for entry and exit or goin tae the bog ....

Anybody that has got it on all the time is aff there heids !!!

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is absolutely hilarious. :lol:

Are people seriously going to continue wearing a mask at Tesco knowing people are not wearing one at nightclubs whilst getting pissed?

I really feel a bit sorry for all those people (including professional scientists) who genuinely believed masking up was about science and was backed up by science and have spent months being evangelical about it all. Those people have been made to look a bit fucking stupid by this statement by the SG's spokesman. :D

Was up at the shops in Cumbernauld today and definitely more folk not wearing masks in the Antonine Centre. My take on it is that more and more ordinary law abiding citizens have simply had enough, are less and less bothered about being challenged by shop staff or anything, and are now acutely aware that the politicians making these rules up are making them up in pencil on the back of a Woodbine packet.

Just my opinion.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not in shops enough to be certain but there's still almost 90% compliance from what I've seen. There's no doubt that many are only wearing them because they don't want to stand out but no idea how many that would be.

Last night in Lidl, I was the only person not wearing a mask.

Couldn't give a f**k about others wearing one but Nicola needs to come out first thing tomorrow and announce that whilst they are highly recommended they will no longer be legally required. She should then bugger off and never darken our doorsteps with this nonsense again.

Agree that the percentage is still high, but as something of a regular in the Cumbernauld Antonine Centre (best and most friendly Costa staff on the planet), definitely more maskless fizzogs on display, as mine has been throughout*

*actually, genuinely exempt, per’ Scottish Gov guidlines. Got my wee blue card and everything. The downside, having medication for my medical issue, but hey, hanging in there as a newly turned sixty year old. 

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I asked the question cos I'm a nosy b*****d:

image.png.8c0de9ff4ebd411cb60beab66c5eaf5b.png

So, how is staggered arrivals preventing pub dwelling going to drive pub numbers down post game when everycunt piles out and goes to the pub?

I'd say most supporters who go to the pub on a matchday do so after the game. And this will be the case at 4:50 on a Saturday at ER or Tynecastle when everyone is allowed to just pile out (unless the council want to hold folk in their seats for an hour or two post match to dissuade pub activity) 

So I genuinely don't understand what staggered arrivals are actually supposed to be achieving in this scenario.

It's just nonsense put together by people who don't know how the real world actually operates, even more so as I doubt they ever go to watch football or know about the match day experience.

54 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If you don’t have to wear a mask in a club then you shouldn’t have to wear a mask at a football ground or in a supermarket. 

Shambles. 

I really can't believe they're continuing to entertain this masks in hospitality absurdity. So embarrassing.

Just now, Elixir said:

It's just nonsense put together by people who don't know how the real world actually operates, even more so as I doubt they ever go to watch football or know about the match day experience.

I really can't believe they're continuing to entertain this masks in hospitality absurdity. So embarrassing.

In addition, completely disregarding those who work weekends and have to take TOIL or flexi to attend matches. Often those who have been key workers, and they’ve been bending over backwards to thank all pandemic. 

Good to see a lot of criticism and pushback of the travel testing farce across the BBC today.

But also this:

Posted at 13:36

Khan wants mask mandate for Tube

3060a8fc-1c94-4d2d-bdbb-ecaeb69846a9.jpg

BBC Sounds

image.gif.1d65c80d0345eaf9cfc25c71c1d749a3.gif
Copyright: PA Media

The Mayor of London has told the BBC he is continuing to lobby the UK government to make mask-wearing on the London Underground legally enforceable again.

Sadiq Khan was asked whether fewer passengers were keeping their faces covered on the Tube since restrictions were eased in England on 19 July.

"The anecdotal evidence is that the numbers are broadly speaking the same as they were before easing from the government," he said.

"But in the meantime, we are trying to lobby the government to allow us to bring in a by-law so it will be the law again so we can issue fixed penalty notices and we can use the police service and BTP [the British Transport Police] as well to enforce this."

Mr Khan raised the possibility that there could be a repeat of scenes earlier in the pandemic of maskless commuters being questioned by the Metropolitan Police.

“The problem is one out of three people who have got the virus won’t show symptoms and inadvertently be passing the virus on," he added.

"What we don’t want is another lockdown."

Aye, fully vaccinated people not wearing masks on the tube will lead to another lockdown. cornette.png