Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A little bit bewildered with the whole booster jag / flu jag roll out tbh.

I was given an appointment for a booster that I couldn't make. No appointments available online so phoned them. Nothing available on the phone either so had to cancel.

Fast forward a few weeks and Ive called them again. "We don't have any appointments available, sorry." On top of that, I can only book my flu jag through the covid vaccine service, and they are giving them at the same time so can't get that either. Drop in flu vaccines only open to over 70s atm. Drop in booster jags are not a thing.

I get they might be busy, but you can't on one hand appeal for people to get their flu and booster jags then simultaneously make it absolutely impossible for them to book them 😂

I'm due a 3rd primary vaccine, not the booster, due to having blood cancer but NHS Highland haven't set up any clinics for them. They've set up 1 clinic within inverness for the booster but only people registered to certain GPs can go there. Roll out is a shambles.

NHS Highland said wait for a letter and on no account phone your GP. GP's website said phone them to book your jags so I did, got them 2 days later. Get the impression the GPs are organising things better than the centrally organised places.

I'm due a 3rd primary vaccine, not the booster, due to having blood cancer but NHS Highland haven't set up any clinics for them. They've set up 1 clinic within inverness for the booster but only people registered to certain GPs can go there. Roll out is a shambles.
That's terrible to hear, hope you can get it sorted soon.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I asked the doctor who jagged me if there was any difference between a 3rd primary vaccine and a booster, she said no, the booster is exactly the same dose.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

NHS Highland said wait for a letter and on no account phone your GP. GP's website said phone them to book your jags so I did, got them 2 days later. Get the impression the GPs are organising things better than the centrally organised places.

My GP have said they don't know what's happening so can't help. I've emailed Kate Forbes to see if she can help.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I asked the doctor who jagged me if there was any difference between a 3rd primary vaccine and a booster, she said no, the booster is exactly the same dose.

Yeah if pzfier it's the same. Moderna is a half dose if booster but full if 3rd primary. Plus if its logged as a booster on the system I won't be called for a booster in 6 months. It needs logged as 3rd primary. 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yeah if pzfier it's the same. Moderna is a half dose if booster but full if 3rd primary. Plus if its logged as a booster on the system I won't be called for a booster in 6 months. It needs logged as 3rd primary. 

Have you tried getting your consultant involved? He might have more clout. The way you're being treated is disgraceful, hopefully Kate Forbes sees your email and acts on it.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 27 (20 day before),  ICU cases 57 down 2   (7 new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 925  up 8  (102 new admissions).    Not the best of days.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  1,407  2nd vaccines  2,020   Pretty poor stuff as no one cares about clubbing clearly.

Daily Cases Update: 4th day in a row with a tiny fall, today of 0.78% and looks like another similar smallish fall tomorrow.  Still think we are stuck at 300+ for a while yet.  

Glasgow is bottom of the table if you exclude the Islands. Quite remarkable.

Clackmannanshire 40% worse than any other council is a shocker.

Much of Europe is surging as well in terms of weekly increase. Czech up 124%, Poland up 94% the uickest risers.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 18th October to 24th October  were  17,597 to 17,460 down 0.78%, Positivity was 8.9% now 9.0%.  Cases per 100K were 321.9  now 319.4

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average   485.6 to 481.5 down 0.84%, England  487.4 to 484.1 down 0.64%, Wales 732.9 to 713.2 down 2.69%, Northern Ireland  470.4 to 466.8 down 0.77%  Deaths  207

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 569 (weekly change up 13%), Romania 549 (weekly up 4%), Croatia 428 (weekly up 73%), Bulgaria 419 (Weekly up 46%),  Slovakia 349 (weekly up 61%), Ukraine 310 (Week up 43%), Ireland  295 (Weekly up 23%), Moldova 286 (Weekly up 16%), Belgium 252 (Week up 47%), Austria 252 (Week up 57%), Greece 217 (Week up 32%) These are the only countries over 202 cases per 100K.   The Baltic states Latvia 913, Lithuania 733, & Estonia 718 with smaller populations are in a bad way 

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Clackmannanshire  563.5 to 598.6  Up another 6.23% for the council that has topped the charts numerous times

Stirling  436.9 to 428.4 

West Lothian  441.7 to 425.4 

East Ayrshire  451.5 to 425.2   

Fife  421.5 to 411.9

North Lanarkshire  393.7 to 398.1 

Aberdeenshire  347.0 to 364.7

Falkirk   385.5 to 364.3 

Dundee City  347.4 to 356.8 

East Lothian  318.8 to 348.5  Up 5 places and 9.32%

East Dunbartonshire  362.3 to 344.8 

West Dunbartonshire  331.7 to 328.3

Perth & Kinross   332.4 to 325.9  

BELOW AVERAGE

South Lanarkshire   332.0 to 312.0 

Argyll & Bute  316.0 to 305.5 

Renfrewshire  301.6 to 305.5  

Highlands 296.9 to 305.0

Scottish  Borders  320.2 to 298.5  

Angus  303.1 to 294.4

South Ayrshire  300.5 to 292.5

Inverclyde  290.7 to 292.0

North Ayrshire  307.6 to 290.5

Dumfries & Galloway  284.6 to 281.2

East Renfrewshire 312.3 to 281.1  Down excellent 10%

Aberdeen City   257.1 to 271.1

Moray 267.5 to 265.4

City Of Edinburgh    235.6 to 248.7

Midlothian   241.5 to 244.8

Glasgow City  243.8 to 238.3

Western Isles   264.2 to 237.7 

Orkney Islands  209.8 to 205.4

Shetland Islands   48.1 to 56.8

Edited by superbigal

Last young lad at my work to be vaccinated decided yesterday he had changed his mind.  I let him head to Dundee where the walk in clinic is supposed to be open till 5pm in the old Zara shop.

He gets there at 4.35 to be turned away in a queue of about a dozen kids. 

What does that say about the NHS desperate to jag folk, that they turn away people who arrive 25 minutes before shutting time.

Public servants not wanting to work beyond finishing time ffs.

If they had any sense they would surely just say closing time is 4.30 or 4.15 or whatever.

It’s pure misogyny.
When we criticise male politicians, it is normally about their character or personality.  When women politicians get criticised, it is normally about their appearance.  Jackie Baillie is a classic example of this 
What a load of shite, Male and female politicians get criticised for their appearance all the time.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Last young lad at my work to be vaccinated decided yesterday he had changed his mind.  I let him head to Dundee where the walk in clinic is supposed to be open till 5pm in the old Zara shop.

He gets there at 4.35 to be turned away in a queue of about a dozen kids. 

What does that say about the NHS desperate to jag folk, that they turn away people who arrive 25 minutes before shutting time.

Public servants not wanting to work beyond finishing time ffs.

If they had any sense they would surely just say closing time is 4.30 or 4.15 or whatever.

Only excuse could be they'd run out of vaccine.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s pure misogyny.

When we criticise male politicians, it is normally about their character or personality.  When women politicians get criticised, it is normally about their appearance.  Jackie Baillie is a classic example of this 

Wait, you're actually going down the route of saying you can't call a woman fat without it being misogyny? What sort of tiny tears nonsense is this? I hold equal disdain for fatties regardless of whether they're male or female.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's not like the turncoat arse-licking unionist Tory-Lite doesn't have plenty of things to criticise her for rather than her body shape. 

Quoting Mark Harper and James Melville in the same 24 hours tho.

Screenshot_2021-10-27_13.39.42-removebg-preview (1).png

The absolute state of it.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Harper is only raging because guys like me are spending our cash in our local bakers and butchers etc as opposed to greasing the palm of the big city interests of tossers like him.

It's only because of such a sizeable number of MP's like Harper in the 1922 Committee that England doesn't have the sort of ongoing theatre we have in Scotland and Wales, and that they actually want pre-pandemic life maintained. It really is funny how things work out.

25 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:
It’s pure misogyny.

What a load of shite, Male and female politicians get criticised for their appearance all the time.

There was a male MP called Fatty Soames!

Prescott, Foulkes and Gapes another three who were notoriously rotund.

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Did we ever start differentiating whether people are in hospital with / because of Covid? Doesn't really seem to much difference in the way they're being reported.

One day. Then never again. IIRC it was around ⅓ with / ⅔ because of.