Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

As to your first point nae bother.  Cancer is it mate?  Ever smoked?  Your own fault then.  Get in this line over here and we’ll get round to you when we can.

Ride a motorcycle? Use power tools? Eat too much? Go rock climbing? Crash your car while going too fast? There is an argument to be made there, but I disagree with it and it is not the way "we" have decided to run our services. 

That’s exactly the point.  People who abuse alchohol (and therefore put pressure on services) are not excluded from society.

Well by that definition neither are the unvaccinated. They are simply restricted from attending a very few select events and venues. In a similar if not identical way to how the populace as a whole are restricted in the way they can purchase alcohol. 

Well by that definition neither are the unvaccinated. They are simply restricted from attending a very few select events and venues. In a similar if not identical way to how the populace as a whole are restricted in the way they can purchase alcohol. 
Even for trolling purposes, thats a ridiculous equivalence.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm a bit "chesty" this morning and slight nasal congestion. Slept for 8 hours and aches and pains are back to normal levels. In short, fighting fit.

I'll probably be on ventilation by lunch time.

blue-velvet-dennis-hopper.gif

Aye? Probably better to take it easy.

Edited by Suspect Device

I'm a bit "chesty" this morning and slight nasal congestion. Slept for 8 hours and aches and pains are back to normal levels. In short, fighting fit.

Hope you're coping Sarge.

I'm on my second last official day now. Monday is freedom day for me according to the NHS email.

First couple of days I was no worse than a regular bad cold then it took a turn.

By day 4 I was sweating like I was in a jungle, shitting through the eye of a needle and coughing that hard that both eyes were completely bloodshot. No taste buds at all and couldn't smell a thing which was probably a good thing.

I also felt like Tyson Fury had used me as a punch bag and that I was going through my worst ever hangover (and 2 of those were so bad I wanted to die).
I have never drunk so much water in my life, fucking horrible stuff,  and was taking Sudafed, Ibuprofen and anything else that might help and had no appetite, that all lasted about another 4 days and since has been back to feeling like a regular cold so I think things are on the mend.

One recommendation, make a pot of mince. Easy to make a mince roll in seconds when you are struggling to eat and its easy eating, gives you something to blast out 5 minutes later too.

4 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I'm on my second last official day now. Monday is freedom day for me according to the NHS email.

First couple of days I was no worse than a regular bad cold then it took a turn.

By day 4 I was sweating like I was in a jungle, shitting through the eye of a needle and coughing that hard that both eyes were completely bloodshot. No taste buds at all and couldn't smell a thing which was probably a good thing.

I also felt like Tyson Fury had used me as a punch bag and that I was going through my worst ever hangover (and 2 of those were so bad I wanted to die).
I have never drunk so much water in my life, fucking horrible stuff,  and was taking Sudafed, Ibuprofen and anything else that might help and had no appetite, that all lasted about another 4 days and since has been back to feeling like a regular cold so I think things are on the mend.

One recommendation, make a pot of mince. Easy to make a mince roll in seconds when you are struggling to eat and its easy eating, gives you something to blast out 5 minutes later too.

I'd say I only had 2 days as bad as that, but the format is the same, except I had no noticeable decline in sense of taste.

In normal circumstances and if there was something pressing on, I'd probably have gone out today.

Get well soon, Sarge

19 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hope it's not too bad.... You'll be able to glow in the love and respect of the P&B cognoscenti who can always be relied upon to express sympathy and support. 

You must be on a different P&B from me...

50 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Hope you pull through the final days of illness without much more angst. 

It must be so encouraging for you to know that some of our fellow P&B members see what you have gone through recently as a price worth paying so that they can not wear a mask in the chippie. 

(Edit... Ah, a red dot already. 🤔 Never mind, I tend to regard getting reds on issues like protecting public health as a kind of badge of honour.) 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

It must be so encouraging for you to know that some of our fellow P&B members see what you have gone through recently as a price worth paying so that they can not wear a mask in the chippie. 
(Edit... Ah, a red dot already. [emoji848] Never mind, I tend to regard getting reds on issues like protecting public health as a kind of badge of honour.) 
Does it present much difficulty on a day to day basis.... Being this needy and pathetic?

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:
(Edit... Ah, a red dot already. emoji848.png Never mind, I tend to regard getting reds on issues like protecting public health as a kind of badge of honour.) 

Does it present much difficulty on a day to day basis.... Being this needy and pathetic?

Ha ha, very good.  Print that one off- your psychiatrist will be impressed. 

Nothing wrong with supporting reasonable health advice, especially when it can be accompanied with the occasional swipe at selfishness and stupidity.

Reading some of the comments on this site, no wonder the nation's health is so bad.  Imagine expecting folk to take reasonable steps to look after their own and others' health. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

23 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

So they don't go to an event then vaccinated or not, passport or not. No idea what point you are trying to make here. No one who gets a positive test should be going to any event whether that event requires a passport or not.
The passport is a (very crude) vaccine uptake tool, nothing more or less. You borderline anti vaxx stance will obviously not sit comfortably with that.

I don't know if this has been discussed on here before, however one of my friends has not been vaccinated due to rightly or wrongly not wanting the AZ vaccine.

She's 40, so right on the borderline and was basically frightened off with the negative publicity over bloodclots and then the Government "advising" against using it on the under 40's, which just made up her mind that it wasn't worth the risk.

She's tried on 3 separate occasions to book appointments for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and despite being assured on the phone this would be fine, she's been basically been told AZ or nothing when attending the vaccination centres so opted for nothing.

Surely there must be quite a few people in this similar situation and surely we're now in a position to offer people whatever vaccine they wish if it means more taking them up ???

With England switching tomorrow from PCR to LFT for day 2 tests after flying in, and Wales a week later, still no word from the SG despite promising there would be no financial penalty for landing at a Scottish airport. The test providers are all assuming we still need a PCR obviously, more money for them.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

With England switching tomorrow from PCR to LFT for day 2 tests after flying in, and Wales a week later, still no word from the SG despite promising there would be no financial penalty for landing at a Scottish airport. The test providers are all assuming we still need a PCR obviously, more money for them.

I'm sure you insisted that this would not be an issue

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't know if this has been discussed on here before, however one of my friends has not been vaccinated due to rightly or wrongly not wanting the AZ vaccine.

She's 40, so right on the borderline and was basically frightened off with the negative publicity over bloodclots and then the Government "advising" against using it on the under 40's, which just made up her mind that it wasn't worth the risk.

She's tried on 3 separate occasions to book appointments for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and despite being assured on the phone this would be fine, she's been basically been told AZ or nothing when attending the vaccination centres so opted for nothing.

Surely there must be quite a few people in this similar situation and surely we're now in a position to offer people whatever vaccine they wish if it means more taking them up ???

Think we're only getting Pfizer in Inverness, tell her to have a day trip to a drop in centre.