Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Thing is, for once Devi gets something right, delegates flying in without testing, being encouraged to open our homes to the same people, NHS GP surgeries being told to expect delegates to come and place further demand on their practices.
Public sector workers/emergency service workers being removed from Scotland’s communities for this vanity project that already looks like a damp squib. Thats all before you consider the disruption caused by bidding (by an snp led council, the same one which was shaming people for minor covid breaches is increasing licensing hours to put even more strain on) for an event that Glasgow has no where near the infrastructure required to hold effectively. Nicola Sturgeon could stop it immediately. 

I don't know where to begin with this inaccurate drivel.

Ok, so the correspondence every practice in my wife’s cluster and the GGC Health Board received stating this expectation is a lie? 
So the fact police, ambulance, health, local government and fire resources are being removed from Scotlands communities is again a lie? 
Glasgow City council arent led by SNP councillor Susan Aitken? GCC havent extended licensing hours and arent hosting civic events every single day? 
Glasgow does have the infrastructure? I must have missed the bit where there appears to be wide spread impact on rail services and indeed strike action planned for the conference too. Even when it does run ‘properly’ it struggles to cope with peak hour travel.
I must have also missed the part where the Scottish government no longer had powers to stop mass gatherings happening or any other public health powers. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

51 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Nicola Sturgeon could be unmasked as Bible John and there would be people on here saying “ah she’s played a blinder with this though”.

Can you imagine the heads exploding from the other side on here if she'd blocked it going ahead?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Bollocks.
People can get what they're given.  

That would be fair enough if subsequent refusal didnt result in you not being able to got a nightclub, or a Scotland game IMO

It's the ultimate in embarrassing First World entitlement to be fussy about which particular version of the vaccine tickles your fancy.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can you imagine the heads exploding from the other side on here if she'd blocked it going ahead?

If the SG genuinely believe from their modelling, that this event will cause a spike and could lead to reintroduction of measures in Scotland, should that come to pass, then Nicola Sturgeons position is untenable.

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id have been delighted with her and full of praise for such a decision.

I don't think you would, I think you would have been talking about nanny state and how the rest of the world is opening up and we aren't.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's the ultimate in embarrassing First World entitlement to be fussy about which particular version of the vaccine tickles your fancy.

Not when statistically speaking, you are taking a vaccine in order to help protect other people, with yourself being at minimal risk from Covid. The govt narrative at the start of the vaccine program was heavily about being part of the herd. Millions of people have been good enough to go and do this. 

I cant quite believe iv heard someone call it first world entitlement to want a say in how you are medicated..... Its absolutely nothing to do with "tickling your fancy" either. AZ hesitancy is result of a fairly sustained media hit job on it tbh, and our own government prohibiting its use for certain age groups. 

At the point that happened, giving people a choice would have been pretty reasonable. At the point where you start excluding unvaccinated people from certian aspects of normal life, which we have now reached Id say its more than reasonable that people should have a choice. 

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think you would, I think you would have been talking about nanny state and how the rest of the world is opening up and we aren't.

If the Scottish government deem the pandemic to be at a stage which requires public health measures then it shouldnt be holding a massive international event which has massively relaxed restrictions for everyone else attending. Especially if that event then leads to even further restrictions to Scotland’s population. 
People are waiting 12hours for ambulances etc just now, cop26 will place even greater pressure on that. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not when statistically speaking, you are taking a vaccine in order to help protect other people, with yourself being at minimal risk from Covid. The govt narrative at the start of the vaccine program was heavily about being part of the herd. Millions of people have been good enough to go and do this. 

I cant quite believe iv heard someone call it first world entitlement to want a say in how you are medicated..... Its absolutely nothing to do with "tickling your fancy" either. AZ hesitancy is result of a fairly sustained media hit job on it tbh, and our own government prohibiting its use for certain age groups. 

At the point that happened, giving people a choice would have been pretty reasonable. At the point where you start excluding unvaccinated people from certian aspects of normal life, which we have now reached Id say its more than reasonable that people should have a choice. 

I suppose so, if dealing with a population of spoiled children.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose so, if dealing with a population of spoiled children.

If someone is on the very edge of the age bracket, where AZ is recommended or not, then of course you are going to want the alternative. Particularly if you have had covid. 

It’s childish nonsense to equate this to being a spoilt child. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If the Scottish government deem the pandemic to be at a stage which requires public health measures then it shouldnt be holding a massive international event which has massively relaxed restrictions for everyone else attending. Especially if that event then leads to even further restrictions to Scotland’s population. 
People are waiting 12hours for ambulances etc just now, cop26 will place even greater pressure on that. 

The public health measures currently in place literally extend to people wearing masks and vaccine passports for large events. A private business would be able to hold an international event on this scale in Glasgow right now if they wanted to.

I can understand someone in your job not being a fan of this event given that you'll presumably have to do loads of overtime, have a holiday ban etc, just like I could do without it as a Glasgow resident who will probably be basically unable to travel anywhere for the next three weeks or so. However, both of our objections have nothing to do with the pandemic, and trying to dress it up as though they do is unhelpful.

Edited by craigkillie

I'm back after an excellent 9 day break in Rona free Tenerife. Posting a 9 day progress update.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 21 (N/A day before),  ICU cases 58 up 13 in my absence  (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 899  up 48 in my absence  (? new admissions).    

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  3,200  2nd vaccines  1,747

Daily Cases Update: I believe this is a small fall today and looks like another fall tomorrow.  Still think we are stuck at 300+ for a while yet. We are up just over 5% in my absence.

In my absence interesting to see the main 3 cities down in 27th, 28th & 30th of 32 councils.

England & Wales cases gone through the roof last 9 days.  Baltic states in a real mess. 

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 15th October to 21st October  were  16,944 (9 days ago) to 17,883 up 5.54%, Positivity was 8.4% now 9.0%.  Cases per 100K were 310.0  now 327.2

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average  387.9 to 476.3 up 22.79%, England  383.8 to 477.0 up 24.28%, Wales 538.0 to 727.0 up 35.13%, Northern Ireland   466.4 to 469.4 up 0.64%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 560.5 (weekly change up 12%), Romania 547.9 (weekly up 5%), Bulgaria 413.6 (Weekly up 37%), Croatia 403.2 (weekly up 70%), Slovakia 321.8 (weekly up 56%), Moldova 290.4 (Weekly up 24%), Ireland  287.8 (Weekly up 21%), Ukraine 287.5 (Week up 33%), Belgium 278.8 (Week up 73%), Austria 236.3 (Week up 53%), Greece 213.3 (Week up 32%) These are the only countries over 200 cases per 100K.   The Baltic states Latvia 920, Lithuania 721, & Estonia 668 with smaller populations are in a bad way 

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Clackmannanshire 341.2 to 598.6    up 75.49%  as everyone in Sauchie, Alloa , Alva & Tullibody have their monthly covid parties.

East Ayrshire 368.4 to 478.6  Climb 6 places & 27.20%   Kilmarnock South & Cap again at near 2000 per 100K.  Is that the Screws & Lags again ?

West Lothian   433.0 to 471.1

Stirling 487.9 to 444.3  Near 10% fall

Falkirk   362.5 to 432.2  Climbs 5 places & near 20%

Fife   395.9 to 428.2

North Lanarkshire   346.2 to 405.4  Climbs 5 places & near 20%

South Lanarkshire   318.2 to 378.1  Climbs 6 places & near 20%

East Dunbartonshire    292.4 to 374.3   Climbs 9 places & near 30%

Scottish  Borders  306.3 to 361.0  Climbs 7 places & near 20%

Dundee City  409.9 to 337.3  Down excellent 17.71%

Angus   309.1 to 331.5

East Renfrewshire 389.3 to 330.0 Down decent 15%

BELOW AVERAGE  

South Ayrshire 238.1 to 326.4  Wow up 14 places & huge 37%

Aberdeenshire   384.2 to 325.2  Down decent 15%

North Ayrshire    349.3 to 320.3

West Dunbartonshire 290.9 to 319.2

East Lothian   301.2 to 312.3 

Perth & Kinross   258.0 to 310.1

Renfrewshire  327.2 to 303.8   

Argyll & Bute   245.8 to 299.7

Western Isles    132.1 to 290.6  Tourists in South Lewis

Dumfries & Galloway 269.7 to 279.2

Inverclyde   238.8 to 275.1

Moray   326.0 to 268.5

Highlands   224.3 to 265.5

Glasgow City  252.8 to 247.8

Aberdeen City   257.1 to 242.3

Orkney Islands   75.9 to 232.1

City Of Edinburgh   242.2 to 228.4

Midlothian  265.8 to 223.3  

Shetland Islands    96.2 to 74.3

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Kermit GIF

3 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

She’s playing a blinder here tho. Will get access to all the top delegates while it’s on, and if it goes pear shaped in a few weeks with a spike, she’ll blame Westminster for holding it at all.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Absolutely and folk like wee helpmaboaby will absolutely eat it up. 
I cant wait for independence so we can get that cabal to f**k.

Dear me. 

Rabid, franctic drivel based solely on an 'I hate the SNP agenda'. 

Honestly, you're well placed in a thread full of absolute moonhowling fuckwits. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

If the SG genuinely believe from their modelling, that this event will cause a spike and could lead to reintroduction of measures in Scotland, should that come to pass, then Nicola Sturgeons position is untenable.

'Their modelling'. 

As far as I'm aware, Devi Shridhar is not an elected member of the Scottish government. She's an advisor, with an opinion which the SG may or may not listen to. 

And again, as far as I'm aware, her opinions are not those of Nicola Sturgeon or of the Scottish government. 

So why are you deliberately confusing the two ? 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

I didn't see you as one of the moonhowling extremists on here that refuses to argue a point, or confuses opinion with fact, but maybe I'm wrong. 

By all means continue to post like a 5 year old, won't make the slightest difference to me.