Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Experts now saying cases could be only 5,000 a day in a matter of weeks.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-sky-news-live-blog-uk-coronavirus-latest-daily-cases-plan-b-restrictions-12443026

If they keep firing darts at the board eventually they have to hit a bullseye

Remember the Scottish Government have produced models which show up to 44,000 cases a day in Scotland alone in just a few weeks 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

So somewhere between 5,000 and 100,000. Deepti Gurdasani with the space cadet 200,000 prediction from back in May that never materialised. 

Wonderful! 

Well if it did come to pass at 5,000 a day roughly 10 percent of those would be in Scotland so around 500 per day.  We're currently about 2500 per day so 20% of that figure.

If the hospitalisation figures dropped by the same ratio we'd have less than 20 admissions per day,  180 people in hospital with Covid and less than a handful of deaths per day.

We'd still get nutcases screaming for more restrictions though.

50 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I can’t even get it past the initial loading stage, tried everything on my iPhone that might be causing it but still no luck. 

Only downloading it for the football tomorrow night, I have my electronic version outside the app regardless - if they are still accepting that anyway. 

Update - after reinstalling it several times I’m now in. As long as the rest goes smoothly. 

Just updated the app and no issues here. 

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Remember the Scottish Government have produced models which show up to 44,000 cases a day in Scotland alone in just a few weeks 😂😂😂

Hadn't seen that.  It would be some going when the September peak was just over 7000 cases per day in Scotland and the UK as a whole looks like it might have peaked at just under 50000.  Where are they actually getting this nonsense from and does no-one think to query it before putting it out into the public domain?

Do any of these so called experts have the faintest idea what they're doing?

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Not how I read it.  Yes some venues decided to do the above to take them outside of the scope.  I read the first part as venues closing early because there wasn't enough footfall to justify being open.

That’s the impression the article writer is trying to put across, but there is nothing in the quote to justify that.  The quote specifically lays the blame for them shutting early at a different door - that of staff recruitment and welfare.  

In essence, the article says:

1. 550 people knocked back over the weekend.  Given the number of venues, that doesn’t sound a lot to me

2. Footfall is down “up to 40%”, with no idea what that is comparing it to, and also on the same weekend as a widely publicised boycott of nightclubs by women, and

3. Some venues choose to close early due to lack of staff (nothing to do with the vaccine passport).

People complain on here all the time about the press exaggerating the risks of Covid, long Covid etc.  The article here is exactly the same - pure clickbait, and reading past the headline and the first 2 paragraphs shows that.  

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
9 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:
550 too many.
Nobody should go out to a club and not get into a club. 

Not entirely true. I agree they shouldn't be denied access due to not having a vaccine passport, but drunken arseholes should still be fired into the sun.

Nevermind......

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
21 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:
550 too many.
Nobody should go out to a club and not get into a club. 

Not entirely true. I agree they shouldn't be denied access due to not having a vaccine passport, but drunken arseholes should still be fired into the sun.

I don't recall there ever being a public outcry about the numerous bouncers throughout the country who just randomly said "no the night pal" to the hundreds / thousands on a nightly basis ??

39 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Pretty obvious to me that the combined case total of England, Wales and Northern Ireland by the end of November will be, erm, -39,000 🧐

44 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

That’s the impression the article writer is trying to put across, but there is nothing in the quote to justify that.  The quote specifically lays the blame for them shutting early at a different door - that of staff recruitment and welfare.  

In essence, the article says:

1. 550 people knocked back over the weekend.  Given the number of venues, that doesn’t sound a lot to me

2. Footfall is down “up to 40%”, with no idea what that is comparing it to, and also on the same weekend as a widely publicised boycott of nightclubs by women, and

3. Some venues choose to close early due to lack of staff (nothing to do with the vaccine passport).

People complain on here all the time about the press exaggerating the risks of Covid, long Covid etc.  The article here is exactly the same - pure clickbait, and reading past the headline and the first 2 paragraphs shows that.  

Still just seeing what you want to see.  You want to firmly believe the sector is fine and vaccine passports aren't damaging it.  Nothing anyone can say will alter you from that belief but you come across as either incredibly stupid or incredibly naïve. 

• 2,240 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 23,055 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 10.3% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are generally closed at the weekend)
  • 57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 902 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You'd have been singing a very different tune had you needed to use it during the period when it wasn't working and you were subsequently denied entry to an event you had paid for.

What a surprise to see a re-emergence of the "if it's not a problem for me it can't be a problem for anyone else" attitude amongst people like you. The irony of you complaining about those with an "I'm alright Jack" attitude has not been lost on anyone.

I'll try to get over the disappointment of your disapproval. 😲

There's entry requirements/restrictions/rules in place for many things and there have been so for years.  Age restricted purchases and entry.  Driving licences. Planning permissions.  Trading licences. Hygiene certificates. Travel restrictions requiring vaccinations.  "At whim" refusals of entry.  To lose ones mind over not being allowed in somewhere because you don't satisfy a clearly stated entry requirement is just childish.  They're like the 6 year old Irish lassie on Youtube doing her nut because her mum won't let her go to the pub.