Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'd say it's far more likely their hand is being forced because of the data and situation south of the border.

Well that too but the mood music from Leitch was making me pessimistic as f**k as his authority and expertise has always seemed beyond question

Hopefully the Government have read the fucking room at last and have realised the end of the tether has been reached. A bit of humility actually wouldn’t go a miss today but I know that will be asking too much

Lets finally move forward with our lives 

Let the unvaccinated perish for all I care and anyone else who is concerned can just stay in their house

Thank you 

4 hours ago, ddfg said:

To me learning to live with Covid involves making personal choices based on personal circumstances and individual attitude to risk not the First Minister instructing the whole country on what they can and cannot do. Allowing people to think for themselves is obviously not high on her agenda. 

Spot on. 

56 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Sturgeon's anti ice hockey agenda is plain for all to see. She's been bitter ever since the Ayr Scottish Eagles were moved to a shopping centre. 

As have I.  f**k ice hockey. 

Edited by itzdrk

14 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Dare I say it, but are we seeing that beginning of the ScotGov pushing back against worse case scenario doom merchants like Leitch?

One can only hope 

Think that's a big part of it. They got a lot of pushback with their most recent set of restrictions and I think the degree of criticism took them by surprise. Sturgeon in particular is not used to that and has seemed pretty tetchy recently. 

If these restrictions are lifted, what is seriously stopping them from allowing full crowds this weekend? It's another weekend for the lower league clubs without some desperately needed income, while just over 48 hours later Celtic Park will have a full house. 

It'll be interesting to see if this party stuff sticks and makes any difference in the next few weeks. 

Westminster Voting Intention: LAB: 37% (=) CON: 33% (+1) LDM: 11% (-2) GRN: 5% (=) SNP: 4% (=) Via @SavantaComRes, 7-9 Jan

Labour - 283 
Tories - 273 
Lib Dems - 19 
Green - 1
SNP - 53 
Plaid - 3 
NI - 18

Westminster voting intention: LAB: 39% (+1) CON: 35% (-) LDEM: 12% (+2) GRN: 5% (-) REFUK: 4% (-) via @RedfieldWilton, 10 Jan

Labour - 284 
Tories - 272 
Lib Dems - 18 
Greens - 1
SNP - 55 
Plaid - 2 
NI - 18

I think Boris is fucked, most people don't *really* care about most political scandals but this directly impacted everyone in the country.

The Tories are also the very best party at knifing their leaders.  Margaret Thatcher was the absolutely dominant queen of the party, won a huge majority but within three years they mercilessly kebabed her.  If these new Tory MPs have any understanding of voters they'll realise that very few of them have any real attachment to Boris or the Tories, the factors that drove their win were mainly incidental.  

It could be a very nice bloodbath, all things considered.  I wonder which of his Cabinet will be the ones to f**k him over. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think Boris is fucked, most people don't *really* care about most political scandals but this directly impacted everyone in the country.

The Tories are also the very best party at knifing their leaders.  Margaret Thatcher was the absolutely dominant queen of the party, won a huge majority but within three years they mercilessly kebabed her.  If these new Tory MPs have any understanding of voters they'll realise that very few of them have any real attachment to Boris or the Tories, the factors that drove their win were mainly incidental.  

It could be a very nice bloodbath, all things considered.  I wonder which of his Cabinet will be the ones to f**k him over. 

I think this could do for him.  The big question is what shitstorms are coming up in the next few months that they could possibly hang on him and therefore need to keep him in post, if any?  It doesnt look like the issues with Brexit or inflation are going to be resolvable any time so there may not be any point in biding time.

You can't really imagine a more deserving back in which a knife is to be planted anyway.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Noubissie said:

It'll be interesting to see if this party stuff sticks and makes any difference in the next few weeks. 

Westminster Voting Intention: LAB: 37% (=) CON: 33% (+1) LDM: 11% (-2) GRN: 5% (=) SNP: 4% (=) Via @SavantaComRes, 7-9 Jan

Labour - 283 
Tories - 273 
Lib Dems - 19 
Green - 1
SNP - 53 
Plaid - 3 
NI - 18

Westminster voting intention: LAB: 39% (+1) CON: 35% (-) LDEM: 12% (+2) GRN: 5% (-) REFUK: 4% (-) via @RedfieldWilton, 10 Jan

Labour - 284 
Tories - 272 
Lib Dems - 18 
Greens - 1
SNP - 55 
Plaid - 2 
NI - 18

I reckon if anybody isn’t going to vote Tory because of rule breaking, they’re probably reflected in the existing polls. The latest revelations won’t be revelations to anyone, as everybody knows they’ve all been at it.

10 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I think this could do for him.  The big question is what shitstorms are coming up in the next few months that they could possibly hang on him and therefore need to keep him in post, if any?  It doesnt look like the issues with Brexit or inflation are going to be resolvable any time so there may not be any point in biding time.

You can't really imagine a more deserving back in which a knife is to be planted anyway.

Covid public enquiry will have two sacrificial lambs if he gets his jotters.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Covid public enquiry will have two sacrificial lambs if he gets his jotters.

The ready-made scapegoat already resigned after he was caught having an affair that broke his own rules. Beyond that he's reduced to sacrificing Jenrick or the other droning idiot that was sent out to bat for him (Eustace?).

The only other ones he can realistically take out are Sunak and Patel. If he removes the former he'll be knifed and the latter, whilst totally unfit to hold any sort of ministerial office, has been largely invisible during the pandemic.