Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Has it actually been confirmed anywhere that that was the reason?

Seems he took his father's death badly and was on leave from his work and getting treatment locally.

http://www.lametino.it/Cronaca/uomo-si-da-fuoco-a-rende-condizioni-restano-gravi.html

P.S. He's double vaxxed.

https://www.lacnews24.it/cronaca/aveva-il-super-green-pass-l-insegnante-33enne-che-si-e-dato-fuoco-in-strada-a-rende_149700/

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Nothing changing
Waste of time briefing

Agreed, but I’d suggest the main takeaway is that the update in 3 weeks will be the big one.

Predictably, like through this whole thing, Scotland will do what England did a handful of weeks later, for no reason other than virtue signalling.

The proper SNP zealots/cultists, really don't like being told that all these blueprint countries for an independent Scotland are acting like grown-ups, while the Scottish Government flail around like children just because of what's happening in London.

Risible.

Maybe it would be a good idea to stop punting pointless masks and rapid tests at this stage, then. b9rreGI.png

16:26

Covid response generating masses of waste - WHOimage.gif.b8539dfe744eb93e3845308667d7fb93.gif56829d16-46e3-4c4c-9314-c8995967824c.png

Copyright: Getty Images

Looking to the global picture, there's a stark warning from the World Health Organization (WHO) today, which says the amount of waste generated by the Covid-19 pandemic is threatening the environment and human health.

Used medical equipment such as needles can pose a serious health hazard, while an increase in the number of plastic items being disposed of is adding pressure to waste management systems, the agency says in a 71-page report.

The WHO found that most of the 1.5 billion medical items distributed by the UN in the first months of the pandemic ended up as rubbish - this is equivalent to the weight of 262,000 jumbo jets.

The agency is now calling on manufacturers to use more biodegradable materials and eco-friendly packaging and says there is a "dire need" to reform how waste is disposed of.

More on this story here.

Nicola Sturgeon’s response to Douglas Ross about the retaining of emergency powers can’t have been anything other than purposely obtuse.

Completely ignored the most important part of his question, that people are genuinely concerned  by a proposal meaning government can bypass parliamentary approval, and instead gave an answer about vulnerable tenants and their housing situation. 

All the while the SNP have the audacity to say that the Tories have distain for the Scottish people.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Nicola Sturgeon’s response to Douglas Ross about the retaining of emergency powers can’t have been anything other than purposely obtuse.

Completely ignored the most important part of his question, that people are genuinely concerned  by a proposal meaning government can bypass parliamentary approval, and instead gave an answer about vulnerable tenants and their housing situation.

All the while the SNP have the audacity to say that the Tories have distain for the Scottish people.

The cultists just can't stand them being criticised over legitimate issues. How dare they be questioned over things like this.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Detournement in telling lies shocker.

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Cracking documentary on BBC tonight. The Decade the Rich Won. You’ll need to stick with it to the conclusion but (to me) entirely credible. I expect it’ll be on the iplayer. 

Was part two tonight.  Haven’t watched it yet but I saw part 1 last week.

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Cracking documentary on BBC tonight. The Decade the Rich Won. You’ll need to stick with it to the conclusion but (to me) entirely credible. I expect it’ll be on the iplayer. 

George Osbourne pension thread for this pish. ;)

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Still think the SG will drop the remaining measures in the coming months. 

So do I. But it's going to be quite the bit of spin to make out that that decision, when it comes, is based on anything other than everyone else doing it.

That said, talk of a strategic plan being published near the end of February is worrying. Plan for what, exactly?

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

So do I. But it's going to be quite the bit of spin to make out that that decision, when it comes, is based on anything other than everyone else doing it.

That said, talk of a strategic plan being published near the end of February is worrying. Plan for what, exactly?

Whatever is deemed as best for winning the elections in May