Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

People in the UK are looking at this as "how can I minimise the inconvenience to my day to day freedoms" rather than "how can I minimise, within reason, the spread of a deadly virus".

I don't know if it's because we have a selfish society or if it's because the disease seems to abstract. I had an elderly relative in hospital with it who thankfully is on the mend back at home, but even then I can't see him so it doesn't seem any different to any other ailment he's had.

FWIW I'm going out a walk every day so I am being a hypocrite. 

“Within reason” being the key phrase. While some people on this thread think it’s unreasonable to go for a walk or run (whilst adhering to the social distancing guidelines) in case they - it would seem - lick the ground, I think that falls well within grounds of reasonableness. 

I think most people are following the latter view, but we have different interpretations of 'within reason'.

I don’t think we do. I just think people are being deliberately obtuse for the sake of getting bites on a football forum.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re either trolling or stupid.  I really cannot work out which one.

Don’t feel obliged to respond.

Why does your wife need to go shopping with you, just so one of you can sit in the car? Any chance of answering the question?

Edited by Gaz

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Neither does my aunt, so my uncle goes the shopping himself despite having done the shopping approximately three times in his entire life prior to all of this.

Why can't you go and do the shopping? Why does your wife need to go with you?

I’ll tell my wife that she’s not allowed to go shopping because some no mark on P&B says so.

Actually, upon reflection, I won’t.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I’ll tell my wife that she’s not allowed to go shopping because some no mark on P&B says so.

Actually, upon reflection, I won’t.

Any chance of answering the question?

No.  Maybe if you ever get married you will find out.

I am married. I go the shopping myself.

Why won't you answer the question? You clearly feel that your wife accompanying you to the shops, just so one of you can sit in the car, is essential travel. Why is that?

Edited by Gaz

Just now, Gaz said:

I am married. I go the shopping myself.

I very much doubt you’re married.  I very much doubt you have ever been in a serious relationship.  I reckon you’re not the only one on here that both these things apply to.

Anyway, I’m off to do some more power washing; I am sure I will have much more of your nonsense to read on my return.

Just now, VladimirMooc said:

Presumably your wife’s decision, since you’re clearly an insufferable bore. 

*inhales sharply through teeth*

I very much doubt you’re married.  I very much doubt you have ever been in a serious relationship.  I reckon you’re not the only one on here that both these things apply to.

This is desperate, desperate stuff.

46 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

The Tories want us to arguing amongst ourselves to take the heat off them. 

Bogged down in the minutae of, is this right or wrong. MSM and social media encourage it.

I've no doubt , there are halfwits and selfish uncaring folks, whom I would say are in the minority, most folks are trying to do the best they can in very difficult circumstances.

What we don't have to doubt is:

The systematic stripping and devaluing of the NHS by the Tories over the last ten years.

The fact medical professionals are afraid to speak out, due to threats by the government.

The fact that UK government has supposed to have had plans in place for such a pandemic, and are clearly lacking.

MSM being nothing short of a Tory mouthpiece, rather than holding them to account.

Well, OK, but hey, how about the sh*te and fakery that floats around Twitter, and Facebook etc ?

I do recall the old saying that every newspaper is tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper. However, within

that, I've found the Guardian online to be doing a decent job of flagging up and pursuing the awkward questions

that need to be asked. 

Edited by beefybake

I was speechless my weekly visit to food shop in marks and Spencer's on friday after work.

Woman handling steaks in meal deal.

I said you cantt be doing that.

She actually gods honest truth said. Yes I can. I need to check the use buy dates.

I actually grassed her up to the young lad cleaning trolley handles.

Most imbeciles in shops I can deal with but she needed locked up.

Just now, superbigal said:

I was speechless my weekly visit to bargain hunt in marks and Spencer's on friday after work.
Woman handling steaks in meal deal.
I said you cantt be doing that.
She actually gods honest truth said. Yes I can. I need to check the use buy dates.
I actually grassed her up to the young lad cleaning trolley handles.
Most imbeciles in shops I can deal with but she needed locked up.

Are you a girl who's exceptionally bisexual, or a guy called Al who's really tall?