Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, throbber said:

All I’m saying is she looks not too bad from some angles. 

All of them look not too bad from some angles - especially when I take my glasses off.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Why is this essential workers testing program not in Scotland ?
We are still sitting with a document link from the gov website from 24th March

Because Scotland’s testing regime is nothing to do with England’s presumably. Unfortunately it’s up to wee Jeane to sort out our testing, and she doesn’t seem to do much.

25 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

I read something on those lines from another source yesterday, so there could be something in it.

I'm an ex-smoker whose lungs are shot - where does that leave me?

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Can't see it for myself so I don't know if true or not, so can't knock them. You could be changing the context to make out they are greeting when all it is them just looking forward to the end of the lockdown and thinking about the first drink they will have when out, I don't know. But certainly from what I read here It reads like you are the one doing the greeting about them.

This labeling and judging people by their age is a very lazy way of looking at individuals typifying them, understand that there are what you call millenials on the front line NHS trying to keep people alive and in other essential jobs right now. 

Did a twitter search........

Dark Fruits

https://twitter.com/search?q=dark fruits&src=typed_query

Nandos

https://twitter.com/search?q=nandos&src=typed_query

Maccy Dees - not a popular one

https://twitter.com/search?q=maccy dees&src=typed_query

2 out of 3 isn't too bad though :P

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The ultimate level of caring is an ex-army guy saluting the NHS with a Union Jack flying behind him, wearing a poppy and a single tear running down his face.

No one will ever beat that level of caring.

10 hours ago, Dee Man said:

.... Either way, if he also rattled pots and pans while firing a rocket firework out of his arse then that would be unbeatable IMO.

you've forgot about a pic of her maj and a steel band playing GSTQ

18 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Yesterday Italy reported more recoveries (3303) than new cases (2646)

Why are the UK not reporting recoveries btw?

Looking at other countries you can see their active cases and some are starting to fall.

Our active cases are just showing as total cases - deaths.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

The people that deserve a slap out of this the most are millenials. Sick of hearing young c***s moaning because they can't get to the pub for dark fruits and jagerbombs, or they can't get out for a "cheeky nandos" or a "maccy dees".  We all have to deal with the the issue of not getting out to do the things we like for a good while,  but we just have to suck it up and get on with it. Aye I'm missing going for a Friday pint, but I can still get beers at the shop. 

This is a genuinely awful post. Do you even know what a millennial is?

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I've seen them greeting about it on FB and twitter. 

21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Looking at other countries you can see their active cases and some are starting to fall.

Maybe the UK government expects us to just subtract the deaths from cases and figure it out.

Think you're expecting way too much from this shower of shite.

It seems like a strange time to get upset about millennials. Most of us have already had two major financial crashes during the formative years of our careers. Historically speaking, It could be much worse. We're not being slaughtered en masse in a ditch somewhere but realising the basic ambitions of most generations reaching their 20s/30s hasn't exactly been a picnic.
I appreciate that buying houses for £14 and making a quick buck off every public asset Britain had to offer has built a sense of resilience in the boomers that we couldn't hope to understand. Plus they didn't have Strongbow Dark Fruit growing up, so well done on being hard.

I’m renting, we were planning to buy later this year but that’s now on the back burner because of the current situation. My fear now is we’ll be a couple of years before we can realistically think about buying a home.