Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

FCO have now changed advice for Turkey to no non-essential travel.

Already cancelled my hotels at the airport (before/after) and my car parking.

Rumour is that Jet2 have cancelled all flights to Turkey - they have closed their telephone lines for existing bookings.

Ouch. The whole thing is a shambles. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's shit for people that had trips booked. It's mad that the UK/Scottish governments actually took the Turkish figures at face value though!

If the govt knew it was a load of shite they should have been warning folk the official figures weren't worth the paper they were written on. 

So presumably all the MPs who were in the Commons on Monday with Mrs Ferrier will now need to isolate for 14 days?

I say this as someone who, along with my family, is just about to complete our 14 days of isolation after our son's childminder tested positive.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on this

9 minutes ago, Steven W said:

So presumably all the MPs who were in the Commons on Monday with Mrs Ferrier will now need to isolate for 14 days?

I say this as someone who, along with my family, is just about to complete our 14 days of isolation after our son's childminder tested positive.

I suppose it depends on how close to her they were? 

If most of them are well 2m away from her then probably not.

11 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Just being in the same room as someone doesn't make you a close contact. Especially a room the size of the House of Commons.

But those within 2 metres of her will be told to isolate.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Italy and Greece on the verge of going on the quarantine list.

Greece has been on the Scotland quarantine list for a while. Some islands were exempt in England.

Italy is a strange one. They've avoided the second wave so far. Their schools reopened on 14 September but I'm sure that isn't what has caused cases there to increase in the last few days.

Another mystery!

I've just noticed that Liechtenstein is on the safe travel list, but neither Austria or Switzerland are. Good luck traveling in or out of Liechtenstein without going via Austria or Switzerland.

San Marino and the Vatican City could find themselves in a similar situation when Italy goes on the naughty list.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Amazon have vowed to remove the Coronavirus Halloween masks from their site.

The Daily Mail makes a point that they were made in China.

Sick Coronavirus Halloween 'masks' made by Chinese firm being sold on Amazon

Also the calls have started to stop any trick or treating on Halloween and also the canceling bonfire night displays around the country.

Local council accountants will be very happy about that last one.

Mods please

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I was wondering who exactly had jurisdiction on this as the breaches have been done in multiple places.

Hopefully it's down south so they can hammer her with the 10k fine.

Police Scotland and the Met Police will decide between them according to a Tweet from PS