Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes they exist. They don't, however, tune in to watch Leitch so again, i'd ask, who you think he thinks he's actually talking to.

I mean, you don't tend to tune in to newspaper articles, but whatever. 

Can I see the study that shows these people don't tune in to Leitch please? 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suspect there is no scientific evidence to support it. Purely a political decision.

And then you have NS coming out saying "don't meet up."

Then don't allow it for FIVE days.

Further proof that when she said that they were not afraid to make tough, unwelcome decisions this didn't include ones that might put votes at risk.

8 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Just read this and was a little shocked. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55079030

I can't get my head round it, people/patients emergency and admissions have been freely placed in hospital and they have no test?

Can someone please explain this to me. This should have been getting done as soon as the pandemic started.  It did here.

Also, can anyone provide stats for flu cases this year?

i was in hospital 2 weeks ago, in on the wed, home on the fri, asked if i had any symptoms a couple times but no test, only over 70's got tests.

no idea if its a health board issue or not but know of a young fella who in the Queen Liz and he's had several, where as i'm in Lanarkshire and the only thing i had up my nose, was my own finger.

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

I agree 100% with you that because  England does something doesn't mean we should.
But there's surely a middle ground somewhere
Given we are probably 4 months away from big easing in restrictions a lot of clubs and fans alike would now rather just wait until we can get a decent crowd in. I no longer get the clamour to see a couple of thousand fans back in Stadiums designed to hold 100s of % more. Likewise football at the level highlighted, is it really necessary right now.

If I get to a game this season I will be delighted but I'm not particularly interested in ballots for a socially distanced, masked experience.

I don't mean this in a critical way, but we were near the top of the list in the Spring, which could also have a major impact.
Data like this strengthens the view that the virus will run it's course regardless of what restrictions are in place, and that the tighter those restrictions are, the longer it will take do so.

We were, but so was England (which was marginally worse than Scotland.). We are now significantly better than England, so I’m not sure your logic 100% follows through.

Equally, Italy had a bad time in the Spring, and the current prevalence is 3x ours.

What demographic do you think Leitch thinks he is talking to, though? I doubt many children are tuning in.
As for a health crisis? I don't see a crisis
20201126_091018.thumb.jpg.715a88932b3e6aea6ec06148521ac336.jpg
Still not grasping that those figures are only down to the current measures in place, you know the ones to suppress the world wide public health crisis but you never have so you ain't going to change your tune now !

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
What demographic do you think Leitch thinks he is talking to, though? I doubt many children are tuning in.
As for a health crisis? I don't see a crisis
20201126_091018.thumb.jpg.715a88932b3e6aea6ec06148521ac336.jpg

Still not grasping that those figures are only down to the current measures in place, you know the ones to suppress the world wide public health crisis but you never have so you ain't going to change your tune now !

Those L4 measures worked quickly...

Further proof that when she said that they were not afraid to make tough, unwelcome decisions this didn't include ones that might put votes at risk.
And had she gone and declared unilaterally that Scotland was not allowing a degree of loosening over Christmas I'm not sure if you, the Daily mail or the Express would have exploded into a heads gone first. You will argue ANY position she now takes right, wrong or indifferent.

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

We were, but so was England (which was marginally worse than Scotland.). We are now significantly better than England, so I’m not sure your logic 100% follows through.

Equally, Italy had a bad time in the Spring, and the current prevalence is 3x ours.

That's still reasonably low in comparison to those at the top of the list now, and well below that of the Spring.

You would also need to look at regional data to see if similar patterns were observed there.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

And had she gone and declared unilaterally that Scotland was not allowing a degree of loosening over Christmas I'm not sure if you, the Daily mail or the Express would have exploded into a heads gone first. You will argue ANY position she now takes right, wrong or indifferent.

I said weeks ago that whatever restrictions were in place at Christmas should remain so. Unlucky.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
Those L4 measures worked quickly...

Yeah we didn't have measures before last week. FFS think about what your saying.

Oh yeah, the circuit break. So successful it was extended and replaced by tighter measures, but now we are saying it worked?

I said weeks ago that whatever restrictions were in place at Christmas should remain so. Unlucky.
You are all over the shop here. You have literally minutes ago dissed restrictions as not having reduced deaths, doubled down with a graph that shows last week's deaths were the 7th highest since all this started as proof it's over as a public health crisis then to top it all you respond to that by boasting you said weeks ago we should have these same measures you are decrying NOT relaxed for Christmas !!!

You, as someone rightly pointed out are tying yourself in absolute knots here.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Why are folk wanting the administration of a vaccine that currently doesn't exist and has not yet been approved for use handed to the army. Who has said the NHS are unable to handle this once it happens (I've clearly missed that part) ?

Because from what ive heard from the health board theyre fannying about, oh we cant have a meeting until this date because im annual leave type stuff. Just get it done. Dont need to have meetings about meetings, just get it done. 

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You are all over the shop here. You have literally minutes ago dissed restrictions as not having reduced deaths, doubled down with a graph that shows last week's deaths were the 7th highest since all this started as proof it's over as a public health crisis then to top it all you respond to that by boasting you said weeks ago we should have these same measures you are decrying NOT relaxed for Christmas !!!

You, as someone rightly pointed out are tying yourself in absolute knots here.

Classic 9 year old reading age on display here.

My exact comment at the time was along the lines of "whether you agree with them or not, the restrictions in place at the time should remain"

Nothing I've said here contradicts that statement.

PS they were the 9th highest

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

It's all about using your common sense and judgement and we now have a lot more information and knowledge about the virus and how to apply this to our day to day living. If certain people are looking to criticise Leitch for his COVID-for-idiots approach to speaking to the public then those people don't have to listen to him, they can get their update or whatever from any media source that speaks to them at their level.

Well it's more that the government repeatedly promised a grown up conversation and have subsequently sent out Leitch to speak to the public like they've recently suffered a massive head injury.

52 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

no need to feel any sympathy for me, unlike you i take others into account, if that's the level ''required'' i have no issue with it.......you sound very tory.

Nah, it's the folk who want to ascribe any problems Scotland has with the pandemic to the moral failings or intellectual capacity of the general public that sound Tory as f**k.

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suspect there is no scientific evidence to support it. Purely a political decision.

Of course it is and it'll work out fine for them. You've got people sincerely arguing that the SNP deserve all the credit for where things have gone well and that any issues or setbacks can be laid at the foot of the moronic public who apparently can't be persuaded to follow the necessary guidelines.