Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I mean I'm clearly just a simp because

"

It likes shinier surfaces better than rough surfaces: it likes glass, plastic worktops and it also quite likes shared utensils but it doesn’t like wrapping paper, cards, envelopes, post.

"It dies very quickly on rougher surfaces such as that so you shouldn’t worry about Christmas presents in any deep, real way.”

seems like useful info to me that is the kind of thing people who don't analyse every Sikora tweet will be concerned about around xmas

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The demographic that think that will be the demographic that get their news from  their Twitter feed, and just read the headlines.

So you agree that these people exist and need this stuff explained to them in simple terms. Good, we can move on I guess. 

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

"

It likes shinier surfaces better than rough surfaces: it likes glass, plastic worktops and it also quite likes shared utensils but it doesn’t like wrapping paper, cards, envelopes, post.

"It dies very quickly on rougher surfaces such as that so you shouldn’t worry about Christmas presents in any deep, real way.”

seems like useful info to me that is the kind of thing people who don't analyse every Sikora tweet will be concerned about around xmas

That you've posted that, and still can't see how it's condescending is incredible.

1 minute ago, madwullie said:

So you agree that these people exist and need this stuff explained to them in simple terms. Good, we can move on I guess. 

Yes they exist. They don't, however, tune in to watch Leitch so again, i'd ask, who you think he thinks he's actually talking to.

Just now, Gus Setsniffer said:

condescending to who ? People who have a high opinion of themselves ?

I feel sorry for you if you feel that is talking at the level required for you to understand.

I don't believe it is, though. Have a bit of respect for yourself.

8 minutes ago, madwullie said:

"

I put that and some other of his comments through an online reading age calculator and it came back with ages between 14-20, so if someone was to read it after he said it, some people in fact quite a lot would have difficulty understanding it.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I feel sorry for you if you feel that is talking at the level required for you to understand.

I don't believe it is, though. Have a bit of respect for yourself.

no need to feel any sympathy for me, unlike you i take others into account, if that's the level ''required'' i have no issue with it.......you sound very tory.

1 minute ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

no need to feel any sympathy for me, unlike you i take others into account, if that's the level ''required'' i have no issue with it.......you sound very tory.

Hiya Jason, hiya pal

Edited by Todd_is_God

In good news Scotland at 126 Cases per 100K would be in good shape on the European table if we were represented outwith the UK
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

I referred to something similar a couple of days ago.

It seems to indicate that the SG have, from a public health perspective, done very well in the second wave. Our prevalence and death rates are significantly better than our nearest neighbours, and on that chart, cases per 100,000 are amongst the best in Europe.

Just now, Wee Bully said:

I referred to something similar a couple of days ago.

It seems to indicate that the SG have, from a public health perspective, done very well in the second wave. Our prevalence and death rates are significantly better than our nearest neighbours, and on that chart, cases per 100,000 are amongst the best in Europe.

I don't mean this in a critical way, but we were near the top of the list in the Spring, which could also have a major impact.

Data like this strengthens the view that the virus will run it's course regardless of what restrictions are in place, and that the tighter those restrictions are, the longer it will take do so.

Just read this and was a little shocked. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55079030

I can't get my head round it, people/patients emergency and admissions have been freely placed in hospital and they have no test?

Can someone please explain this to me. This should have been getting done as soon as the pandemic started.  It did here.

Also, can anyone provide stats for flu cases this year?

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What is the scientific evidence that supports this relaxing of restrictions over Christmas?

Questions are being raised just now by scientists towards SAGE and what makes them think that there will be a reduced risk during this time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/25/scientists-ask-to-see-evidence-behind-relaxing-uks-christmas-covid-rules

Is this a cease fire and will there be a football match played in no mans land and if so will there be any fans to watch it?

I suspect there is no scientific evidence to support it. Purely a political decision.