Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

how does it benefit the government to keep us locked down unnecessarily ? which is what you and others are suggesting. that the government push a negative agenda in order to justify restriction that are not required? why? they are paying for everything whilst everything is shut down

Politicians are terrified of being accused of callously allowing  lots of people to die so they play it ultra-safe and find ways to create a narrative in which subsequent infection waves are due to yobs not following their nanny state rules rather than new more readily transmissible variants messing with the R0 number until herd immunity is achieved again. A party that is generally perceived as having handled a pandemic badly could easily be in opposition for a generation or mess up that chance of an independence referendum they are completely obsessive about.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Watching the video is even worse. It’s like he’s convinced the person receiving treatment it’s not real.

The doctor definitely wanted to knock f**k out of him.

The guy is clearly a bellend and needed removed, but if someone in sound mind does not want to be treated I’m not sure if they should be forcibly kept in hospital.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The guy is clearly a bellend and needed removed, but if someone in sound mind does not want to be treated I’m not sure if they should be forcibly kept in hospital.

Actually under the covid regulations someone who is positive for covid can be compelled to go to a place for treatment. The fact that his family are not isolating as well suggests it would be dangerous to let the person leave. 

27 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

"That's when the security guards arrives and started to forcibly remove him.

Mr Leigh shouted: "I'm an officer of the court. I'm putting you on notice, if you put one hand on me and touch me I'll be doing you for assault.""

429F1BF800000578-0-image-a-7_15008466026

looks like hotel quarantine or proper quarantine as i'd call it is coming,  big question - why now? who waits till we're almost the worst in the world before we stop folk coming in? the fucking useless tories that's who! let's just wait until no c**t actually wants to come here before we put in a costly protection system. a big well done to all involved!
And what's going to stop a Portuguese EU passport holder arriving in Portugal from Brazil taking a trip into Spain to fly to the UK thus avoiding hotel detention if Spain isn't on the list.

If it's all arrivals and this remains in place until the UK reaches at least 80% saturation with the vaccination program as Jeremy Hunt alluded to this morning we can forget any foreign travel before the Autumn at least.

33 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

"That's when the security guards arrives and started to forcibly remove him.

Mr Leigh shouted: "I'm an officer of the court. I'm putting you on notice, if you put one hand on me and touch me I'll be doing you for assault.""

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Get tae f**k!

I AM A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN. I DO NOT CONSENT

*whips out magna carta*

*smack*

Edited by madwullie

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Politicians are terrified of being accused of callously allowing  lots of people to die so they play it ultra-safe and find ways to create a narrative in which subsequent infection waves are due to yobs not following their nanny state rules rather than new more readily transmissible variants messing with the R0 number until herd immunity is achieved again. A party that is generally perceived as having handled a pandemic badly could easily be in opposition for a generation or mess up that chance of an independence referendum they are completely obsessive about.

Deciding it must be untrue is also a perfect head in the sand technique for those with the SG on a pedestal.

Far easier to rubbish data from Israel than come to terms with the SG's piss poor vaccine roll out.

29 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

the public- we want the grown up conversation you were telling us about , we want to be able to make our own choices we know the risks but we need to live our lives

also the public - you did nothing to stop the virus from spreading, MURDERERS!

When are reporters going to start taking Leitch  and crowd to task.  On Radio Scotland this morning an 84 yr old was questioning why she had not been jagged but letters are being sent out to over 70's. At that point Leitch appeared and started his usual pontificating. Apparently we are vaccinating around the clock - really where exactly but that was not questioned. Last week he was challenged when he said the Louise Jordon was vaccinating 7 days a week. When challenged he said it did not matter and rambled on about something else.  It was good to hear that his folks are getting the jag but he finished off saying to the 84 yr old that if she has not heard anything by 5th February then phone back into the programme telling them that Jason told you to do so.  Who is running the country because it certainly appears not to be the SG

When are reporters going to start taking Leitch  and crowd to task.  On Radio Scotland this morning an 84 yr old was questioning why she had not been jagged but letters are being sent out to over 70's. At that point Leitch appeared and started his usual pontificating. Apparently we are vaccinating around the clock - really where exactly but that was not questioned. Last week he was challenged when he said the Louise Jordon was vaccinating 7 days a week. When challenged he said it did not matter and rambled on about something else.  It was good to hear that his folks are getting the jag but he finished off saying to the 84 yr old that if she has not heard anything by 5th February then phone back into the programme telling them that Jason told you to do so.  Who is running the country because it certainly appears not to be the SG
The answer was spot on. She's scheduled to receive her injection by 5 Feb so why was she even on moaning before she hasn't had it 10 days before that date ?
Folk can't complain about slow rollout then in the same breath complain about preparing to start the next tranche during the current one. This sort of media shit needs to stop.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Just to address the similar point in these posts (and because i hate to see marshmallo baffled any more than he normal is) ...

I try hard not to judge folk, and certainly don't think I'm better than the average punter.

But if you're going to pretend that there's not an element of scummery in our society then i honestly don't know how to respond.

f**k knows where you're living. I live in Dundee, a city with huge problems of deprivation. I don't live in one of the wealthy pockets of the city, and therefore encounter these folk from time to time (usually at the chemist or the shops - but also through work).

The problems facing these families are numerous and complex, and can only be solved by a massive increase in government funding (something that i support but that all main parties run away from) - but as far as i can see their actions during this pandemic are part of the problem with community transmission.

You try hard not to judge, yet leap to the description of "scum". Aye, OK then..

There are indeed examples of scum throughout our society - you don't have to look further than the current Cabinet for examples of cúnts interpreting rules in their own sweet way. There'a an arbiter of moral values foghorning every morning on ITV who hacked a dead girl's phone to increase newspaper sales. Our current leader left his wife while she was suffering from cancer. 

No-one deprives themselves. If you spend the time utilising the media to tell the economically disadvantaged that their lives are worth less than others, don't be surprised if they take less care to protect those lives. 

Because these are for appointments in several weeks time. If you waited to send out the letters because not all over 80s are jagged you'd have a delay.

You could have 99.99% of over 80s vaccinated and BBC Scotland would still wheel out that one 80+ year old who has not been vaccinated.

It's symptomatic of the box pop pish route that drives their "journalism".

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Because these are for appointments in several weeks time. If you waited to send out the letters because not all over 80s are jagged you'd have a delay.

You could have 99.99% of over 80s vaccinated and BBC Scotland would still wheel out that one 80+ year old who has not been vaccinated.

Yes, and some areas will have a lot more over 80s than others, it would be daft to wait for everyone to catch up.

All over 80s are in JCVI group 1. Did the lady have a date yet? If not I think it's perfectly fair to question why not given we are already sending out letters to those in groups 3 and 4.

"Tell them Jason told you to do so" is just another shite soundbite.

This is absolutely inevitable, and will happen in the rest of the UK too. Sad face pictures with words like ‘disgusting’ and ‘disgrace’. A small footnote at the bottom of the article saying the person hasn’t been registered with a GP since 1976 and isn’t on the voter roll.