Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure that if Scotland had vaccinated 10% of the population and England 5% that nobody would be whooping it up on here or anywhere else in Scotland.

And people would be wrong to be doing that. 

A fortnight or so into the vaccination process and we have the right wing using it as a weapon to justify Brexit (these foreigners are trying to kill us) , and Unionists quoting Mrs McGinty who phones in because she has to get up at 07.30 and travel 2 miles to get her vaccination (thon Nippy doesn't care about old people).

As I said in my first post about this, it's depressing as f**k. 

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The gammon are absolutely loving the EU scrambling for vaccines.

These same gammon think covid is made up.

I know - the same gammon that dispute every single covid figure coming from the govt unless it happens to back up their argument in which case it is irrefutable truth. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

What do you think will happen if the governments say that there will need to continue to be restrictions into the summer?  Do you think people will protest, riots in the street?  Will businesses just open, refuse to pay the fines?  Will there be political discord about it, will there be a party who slots into the anti-lockdown role - Farage's rebranded party are making noises in that direction I think.

I don't think any of that will happen to be honest.  

One things for sure, Hearts will still be gash.

And Glen Minter will still be a-mintering.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

49 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The kbf mob on Facebook are having a special day to get the authorities to f**k 

Edit: what a bunch of utter wanks. 

Screenshot_20210126-192822_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210126-192825_Twitter.jpg

They're every bit as brave as German students who were guillotined for resisting the Nazis apparently.

https://thewhiterose.uk/about/

Edited by welshbairn

Right now while we're in the worst stage of the pandemic, it's understandable. But once the vaccine is rolled out and deaths and hospitalisations return to normal levels? I'm not so sure. At that point businesses should also be able to go to court if restrictions aren't ended.
What makes you think we will still have this level of restrictions if / when we get to that stage.

New Zealand keeping its borders closed for the rest of the year
Not New Zealand related, but heard that boot Julia Hartley Brewer yesterday morning giving her opinion on why Australia have done so much better than the UK with this pandemic.
Apparently it's because they're an island in the middle of the ocean. If only we had THAT advantage.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Right now while we're in the worst stage of the pandemic, it's understandable. But once the vaccine is rolled out and deaths and hospitalisations return to normal levels? I'm not so sure. At that point businesses should also be able to go to court if restrictions aren't ended.

What makes you think we will still have this level of restrictions if / when we get to that stage.

A deep feeling of dread that I keep having to try reminding myself is surely just me being irrational...

6 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Not New Zealand related, but heard that boot Julia Hartley Brewer yesterday morning giving her opinion on why Australia have done so much better than the UK with this pandemic.
Apparently it's because they're an island in the middle of the ocean. If only we had THAT advantage.

We're not an island in the middle of an ocean tbf.

The comparison between Britain and Australia/New Zealand purely because we're an island is very tiresome for so many reasons.

Ireland is also an island which has been proportionately riddled...

The comparison between Britain and Australia/New Zealand purely because we're an island is very tiresome for so many reasons.
Ireland is also an island which has been proportionately riddled...
Tiresome for you.
Frustrating for me.
We could have closed the borders same as they did.

Wow that video..... the old guy says he's not going to die despite what the doctor is telling him, he's apparently got an illness that hasn't been proven to exist, and so the family want to stop the steroids & antibiotics and instead give him some vitamins and some oxygen they have at home. Just let them take him home and leave him in their capable hands of that's what they all really want. 

Wow that video..... the old guy says he's not going to die despite what the doctor is telling him, he's apparently got an illness that hasn't been proven to exist, and so the family want to stop the steroids & antibiotics and instead give him some vitamins and some oxygen they have at home. Just let them take him home and leave him in their capable hands of that's what they all really want. 

What angers me most is the family will probably not follow quarantine protocol and will almost undoubtedly spread the virus further.