Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Aye, i'm up tomorrow. My recommendations are that we find you a nice padded cell so you can be 100% safe.

Don't know where you're getting that from, I posted weeks ago that I favoured the "survival of the fittest approach". 

So is the God-botherer Leitch officially endorsing a 'zero Covid' strategy? Or is he just wanting to sit on the fence? I cannot comprehend Scotland even attempting this path at this stage.

Just now, Elixir said:

So is the God-botherer Leitch officially endorsing a 'zero Covid' strategy? Or is he just wanting to sit on the fence? I cannot comprehend Scotland even attempting this path at this stage.

Devi tactically abandoned the  Zero Covid ship yesterday by claiming that she just always meant suppression rather than zero cases. 

So it's definitely off the agenda. Chris Witty gave a far more realistic description of Covid as equivalent to winter flu (which has disappeared). 

On 01/02/2021 at 10:33, ayrmad said:

I've loved ones here that I don't see from one year to the next, I'm quite comfortable in my own company for extended periods. 

In all honesty, I'd far rather we took the survival of the fittest approach now and see how the Louisa Jordan copes. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

So it's definitely off the agenda. Chris Witty gave a far more realistic description of Covid as equivalent to winter flu (which has disappeared). 

How does that work when we have 90% vaccine rolled out to most of society by the winter compared to 50% vaccine only given to the most vulnerable/ those who pay for it.

Surely we are in a far better place to "live with Covid" rather than flu, maybe increase hospital capacity but that should happen regardless of if Covid stays or goes.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Devi tactically abandoned the  Zero Covid ship yesterday by claiming that she just always meant suppression rather than zero cases. 

I saw that. I guess she saw the article showing that 90% of the actual smart people know zero Covid is a total fantasy, and is pivoting to try and save the profile she has built up for herself.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

How does that work when we have 90% vaccine rolled out to most of society by the winter compared to 50% vaccine only given to the most vulnerable/ those who pay for it.

Surely we are in a far better place to "live with Covid" rather than flu, maybe increase hospital capacity but that should happen regardless of if Covid stays or goes.

I thought Witty meant we'd get to the point where the risk was at a level that meant we'd be able to live normally, like we do with the risk of flu.

The risk would likely be lower than flu tbh, if that's what you mean.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just ignore them, why actively seek out the opinion of folk you disagree with, that seems like madness to me.

This is fine advice for the school bawbag who gives you a bit of jip, or the odd troll on a football forum, but it's not really possible to ignore the people who are driving our pandemic strategy and are on the fucking TV every day saying something new. People seek out their opinion because their opinion could have a drastic affect on our their life for the rest of this year and potentially next. You say some folk are losing their minds - aye, they are, I am one of them. Maybe the likes of Leitch and Sridhar would do well to fucking acknowledge that every now and again and shut the f**k up about restrictions continuing well into next year. 

This is fine advice for the school bawbag who gives you a bit of jip, or the odd troll on a football forum, but it's not really possible to ignore the people who are driving our pandemic strategy and are on the fucking TV every day saying something new. People seek out their opinion because their opinion could have a drastic affect on our their life for the rest of this year and potentially next. You say some folk are losing their minds - aye, they are, I am one of them. Maybe the likes of Leitch and Sridhar would do well to fucking acknowledge that every now and again and shut the f**k up about restrictions continuing well into next year. 
But why persist viewing or reading anything from people who you admit are causing you to lose your mind. That has to be counter productive.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well said moonster  👍

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

But why persist viewing or reading anything from people who you admit are causing you to lose your mind. That has to be counter productive.

He already explained that in his post - these people are the ones making the decisions and you still need to be informed about what's going on in your country.