Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, D.V.T. said:

I am a church goer (help with live streaming) and they did a decent job of it before. The majority of them will be vaccinated more than likely. They don’t sing as well. However, if they’re open you should at the very least open cafes and restaurants. Cinemas as well, but maybe pointless with lack of new releases.

Cinemas can get the f**k behind football this time, it's a nonsense indoor entertainment is ahead out outdoor entertainment.

I would be very happy to see a 10k limit on spectators at football ground or 75% of capacity. I think 40 clubs would see that as a reasonable restriction.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

For me and this might be unpopular given the website, but id bring in strict liability for football clubs, they should be responsible for the actions of their fans in the immediate environs of their ground etc. Celtic and Rangers have pandered to the arsehole element of their support giving them wee special areas of the ground to sing their bile from, emboldening them and their behaviour. Bring in proper procedures with independent oversight (ie clear evidence of sectarian singing or racism , crowd disorder etc and the stand gets shut) if it continues its behind closed doors or some other measures. Have the sfa or spfl lead it in conjunction with the authorities. If something like that was brought in and properly implemented without pandering to these types then it would almost solve the problems overnight. 

I’m all for strict liability within the confines of the match-day environment but outside of that it’s not the clubs problem.

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m all for strict liability within the confines of the match-day environment but outside of that it’s not the clubs problem.

It absolutely is and should be extended to disorder which can be proven to be directly linked to the event. Ie a fight between casuals known to have links to the club a street away from the ground or people singing sectarian songs as the team bus pulls up or racially abusing a rival player as they step off the bus or enter the ground. Or if the club refused to respond to reasonable requests for assistance in incidents like sunday in encouraging people to disperse. 
I think theres a really workable strategy in it and its obvious that the OF will have a real opposition to it as their fans cause the vast majority of trouble.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

This is a small insignificant matter really but i cant wait for soft play areas to open. My wee girl has never seen the inside of one due to covid. Will be fucking magic

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3c11afe21ed83882bc34b62773db0cdd.jpg

We were very lucky to have the soft play open up here before Christmas. My wee yins loved it.

19 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I see we're at that surreal point again where the Government/weirdo advisers believed they could actually control someone not taking a shite in their friend or family's house if needing while in their garden.

I think you'll be hard pushed to find any house that has a garden but no black bags or a bucket.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It absolutely is and should be extended to disorder which can be proven to be directly linked to the event. Ie a fight between casuals known to have links to the club a street away from the ground or people singing sectarian songs as the team bus pulls up or racially abusing a rival player as they step off the bus or enter the ground. Or if the club refused to respond to reasonable requests for assistance in incidents like sunday in encouraging people to disperse. 
I think theres a really workable strategy in it and its obvious that the OF will have a real opposition to it as their fans cause the vast majority of trouble.

I’d class all of those things as being within the match-day environment, except the reasonable request.  Anyone with a brain would respond to a reasonable request that takes minutes and costs nothing.

lets say for example Rangers fan were battling Aberdeen fans on a match-day.  Do you punish both clubs?  How do you determine one side is at fault and not the other if not?  It’s not as entirely straightforward as you make out.  Where do you draw the line at that?  A bunch of Celtic fans on the lash in Edinburgh have a scrap with a bunch of Hearts fans on a non match-day but football caused the scrap.  Are the clubs still responsible?

I see we're at that surreal point again where the Government/weirdo advisers believed they could actually control someone not taking a shite in their friend or family's house if needing while in their garden. Just remarkable.
Granted, there will be some oddballs out there who would actually let the state micromanage their every move. Anyway, enough about that, who's for evening prayer?
There is no restrictions on using toilet indoors when garden meeting from Friday I was sure she said.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
35 minutes ago, Elixir said:
I see we're at that surreal point again where the Government/weirdo advisers believed they could actually control someone not taking a shite in their friend or family's house if needing while in their garden. Just remarkable.
Granted, there will be some oddballs out there who would actually let the state micromanage their every move. Anyway, enough about that, who's for evening prayer?

There is no restrictions on using toilet indoors when garden meeting from Friday I was sure she said.

Yes - as if any sane person would decide otherwise anyway. They did, however, try to micromanage this last time.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Meet up at George Square, let your dad smash up some benches. It'll be fine. 

Mind and set up a crowdfunder and then share it round Facebook, so you can show people that you’re a bellend with a conscience.

5 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’d class all of those things as being within the match-day environment, except the reasonable request.  Anyone with a brain would respond to a reasonable request that takes minutes and costs nothing.

clubs, but two in particular are very willing to bend over backwards for certain elements of their support but unwilling to accept their role in fostering the behaviour these people display. Rangers in particular are very quick to adopt the ‘everyone’s against us arent we so hard done to’ when the reality is they get everything going, ripped off the tax man and had to start from scratch, always the victim.

lets say for example Rangers fan were battling Aberdeen fans on a match-day.  Do you punish both clubs?

-yes, but only after a joint investigation, it wont be as quick as something inside the ground but absolutely both clubs get punished, that could be section or stand closure or for stuff outside the game a sliding scale from a fine, restrictions on some aspects to point deductions or stadium closures. But you also have to look at how you reward good behaviour, say Aberdeen display a fantastic season, not a single arrest of a home fan or something and they apply for an alcohol licence in the stadium concourse, then you say ‘ok you’ve shown your fans can screw the nut we won’t object to that so long as the good behaviour keeps up’. You reward the fans for self policing, you make the game and match day more profitable for the clubs and enjoyable for the fans? Im sure there will be folks who have better ideas but thats just a starting point. 

How do you determine one side is at fault and not the other if not?  
-joint investigation, civil burden of proof = balance of probabilities. 

It’s not as entirely straightforward as you make out.  Where do you draw the line at that?

-has to be transparent and accountable but its ultimately very easy to put into practice. 

A bunch of Celtic fans on the lash in Edinburgh have a scrap with a bunch of Hearts fans on a non match-day but football caused the scrap.  Are the clubs still responsible?

-no

52 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

For me and this might be unpopular given the website, but id bring in strict liability for football clubs, they should be responsible for the actions of their fans in the immediate environs of their ground etc. Celtic and Rangers have pandered to the arsehole element of their support giving them wee special areas of the ground to sing their bile from, emboldening them and their behaviour. Bring in proper procedures with independent oversight (ie clear evidence of sectarian singing or racism , crowd disorder etc and the stand gets shut) if it continues its behind closed doors or some other measures. Have the sfa or spfl lead it in conjunction with the authorities. If something like that was brought in and properly implemented without pandering to these types then it would almost solve the problems overnight. 

I'd bring in strict liability for deaths in police custody. 

Notable looking at the stats on Travelling Tabby that of the 19 deaths announced today several are actually from as long ago as a week to ten days ago. As far as date of death goes there haven’t been more than ten in a day for a full week.

The whole church thing suggests to me that there’s a good chance things might accelerate pretty quickly especially if we see ICU and hospital beds in general emptying and the vaccinations spinning up massively over the next two weeks.

I know this is a joke, but I am really struggling not to completely give up on the restrictions that are within my control to ignore now. Really close to just heading home to my parents for the weekend.
Just wear a manky blue football top - you'll be fine.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Notable looking at the stats on Travelling Tabby that of the 19 deaths announced today several are actually from as long ago as a week to ten days ago. As far as date of death goes there haven’t been more than ten in a day for a full week.

The whole church thing suggests to me that there’s a good chance things might accelerate pretty quickly especially if we see ICU and hospital beds in general emptying and the vaccinations spinning up massively over the next two weeks.

Everything open mid April with a lovely spell of weather to follow, leading to suntans and hangovers as we march down to the polling both to give the yoons a doing.