Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Good to see the usual red dotters. Nothing to do with the facts. Everything to do with their pathetic little cabal. 

This thread is pretty much dead now. The same 6 or 7 people repeating their views in a vacuum they’ve created. I’m sure they are right though. 

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Good to see the usual red dotters. Nothing to do with the facts. Everything to do with their pathetic little cabal. 

This thread is pretty much dead now. The same 6 or 7 people repeating their views in a vacuum they’ve created. I’m sure they are right though. 

And there he goes again.  Good old Marshy. I’m just missing his “Simp” gifs, as they added so much to his contribution 

Anyone else a bit concerned about tomorrow’s update as i feel some areas will stay in level 2 or go back to level 3. 

I'm in Dundee and there's no way they can move us back to level 3. I get that they'll slow down the easing, and keep us where we are - but no way are they moving councils back up now, especially with the summer weather forecast for the next couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

I turned up to the walk up vaccination in Glasgow on Saturday. They were firing it into anyone then too, and there are a pile of other walk ups planned this week (and I’m sure it will comtinue). Don’t let that stop you playing to your own pathetic little prejudices though. 

I know for eg my dad got his second dose while he was in hospital and hands up I forgot to phone up and cancel his original app at the local health Centre. 

If so many people are doing walk-ups, a fair proportion of them will have appointments made that they don't turn up to and forget to cancel.

I don't think it necessarily translates that all of these people haven't been jagged is what I'm trying to say, some just will have been forgetful or ignorant (I was the former fyis) 

Edited by madwullie

4 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I was genuinely furious when I saw that Sturgeon quote tweet from Devi. Saying what everyone on here had done for months! Makes me worried how far behind the government really are in getting things back to how they should be.

These risk averse females need ousted from the decision making pronto 

f**k off.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

I turned up to the walk up vaccination in Glasgow on Saturday. They were firing it into anyone then too, and there are a pile of other walk ups planned this week (and I’m sure it will comtinue). Don’t let that stop you playing to your own pathetic little prejudices though. 

‘Pathetic prejudices’. 31 year old guy I know, 5 weeks ago, vaccination centre phone up his work and say ‘we’ve got a significant amount of spare vaccines going to waste’ so he heads up and in the mean time the centre has been told to not give out end of day spares to first vaccinations and instead leave them. Boy’s now got covid and although not seriously unwell could have had a bit of protection from a vaccine that was ultimately put in the bin resulting in him and several others having to isolate for 10 days. But aye thats a pathetic prejudice. What exactly am I prejudiced against anyway? 
I can see the rates of vaccination but they’d be even higher if common sense was applied, every wasted vaccine is a disgrace if a conscious decision is made to fire it in the bin instead of an arm. 
I absolutely hope the rumours about the Hydro are false, but again, who has faith in them given the issues with no shows etc. 
Am I angry at how the government has handled the pandemic, fucking right im absolutely furious and think its only going get worse when the public inquiries etc happen. 
I’ve voted SNP all my life so save me the prejudice pish, not everything is black and white.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

‘Pathetic prejudices’. 31 year old guy I know, 5 weeks ago, vaccination centre phone up his work and say ‘we’ve got a significant amount of spare vaccines going to waste’ so he heads up and in the mean time the centre has been told to not give out end of day spares to first vaccinations and instead leave them. Boy’s now got covid and although not seriously unwell could have had a bit of protection from a vaccine that was ultimately put in the bin resulting in him and several others having to isolate for 10 days. But aye thats a pathetic prejudice. What exactly am I prejudiced against anyway? 
I can see the rates of vaccination but they’d be even higher if common sense was applied, every wasted vaccine is a disgrace if a conscious decision is made to fire it in the bin instead of an arm. 
I absolutely hope the rumours about the Hydro are false, but again, who has faith in them given the issues with no shows etc. 
Am I angry at how the government has handled the pandemic, fucking right im absolutely furious and think its only going get worse when the public inquiries etc happen. 
I’ve voted SNP all my life so save me the prejudice pish, not everything is black and white.

Who mentioned the SNP? 

You said vaccinations had been shite since January, but given we have vaccinated more than the UK average, and are only behind Israel and Wales in the world that seems a real stretch. 

You have however given a wonderful anecdote. Bears no resemblance to the facts, but fair play, it certainly backs up the line you’ve been taking for months on this thread. 

Edited by Wee Bully

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Who mentioned the SNP? 

You said vaccinations had been shite since January, but given we have vaccinated more than the UK average, and are only behind Israel and Wales in the world that seems a real stretch. 

You have however given a wonderful anecdote. Bears no resemblance to the facts, but fair play, it certainly backs up the line you’ve been taking for months on this thread. 

Well who am i supposed to be ‘prejudiced’ against? 
Wonderful anecdote? Sums you up.

Yes im unhappy with the governments response to this pandemic. I mean if youre happy with it then fair fucks to you. No ones forcing you to read anything or anyone’s posts.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well who am i supposed to be ‘prejudiced’ against? 
Wonderful anecdote? Sums you up.

Yes im unhappy with the governments response to this pandemic. I mean if youre happy with it then fair fucks to you. No ones forcing you to read anything or anyone’s posts.

You’ve trotted out an anecdote, and I’ve responded with the facts, which are that the Scottish vaccine rollout is the 3rd most successful (so far) in the world.

no-one is forcing you to respond to facts, or anything like that.  You can float around in your world of grievance for all i care.  I will continue to point out factual inaccuracies however. 

You’ve trotted out an anecdote, and I’ve responded with the facts, which are that the Scottish vaccine rollout is the 3rd most successful (so far) in the world.

no-one is forcing you to respond to facts, or anything like that.  You can float around in your world of grievance for all i care.  I will continue to point out factual inaccuracies however. 

So what? Developed country with massive investment in medical and biotech research its the very least id expect for us? You trying to say vaccine doses haven’t been wasted? Interesting take.
No youre going to batter out with patter like ‘prejudice’ then dancing about without explaining who? You know that as a citizen of a country you can and absolutely should demand the best from your government? 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So what? Developed country with massive investment in medical and biotech research its the very least id expect for us? You trying to say vaccine doses haven’t been wasted? Interesting take.
No youre going to batter out with patter like ‘prejudice’ then dancing about without explaining who? You know that as a citizen of a country you can and absolutely should demand the best from your government? 

Brilliant - developed country? Unlike England, France, Germany, USA, Canada, Japan, and frankly 100 odd other developed countries?  All of who we are currently  ahead of in our vaccination programme?

I do demand the best. I think we are doing OK.  I realise we could be ahead of Wales and Israel, but 3rd in the world isn’t the shit show you’re making it out to be. 

Brilliant - developed country? Unlike England, France, Germany, USA, Canada, Japan, and frankly 100 odd other developed countries?  All of who we are currently  ahead of in our vaccination programme?

I do demand the best. I think we are doing OK.  I realise we could be ahead of Wales and Israel, but 3rd in the world isn’t the shit show you’re making it out to be. 

Care to tell me again, at the third time of asking who im prejudiced towards? 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Care to tell me again, at the third time of asking who im prejudiced towards? 

The Scottish governments response. Doesn’t matter what it is, it’s not good enough for you. 

Quite simply, given Scotland still has considerably less people with immunity in the population relative to elsewhere in the UK, the Scottish Government should absolutely be going hell for leather like the Taffs are, as this is clearly reflected in our respective infection rates - which for the time being will make Scot Gov stall on easing restrictions further, therefore harming businesses and the economy. Wales likely won't have this problem. Things here could be going considerably better than they are if not for largely ineffective administrative procedures.

15 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The Scottish governments response. Doesn’t matter what it is, it’s not good enough for you. 

Youre damn right im unhappy with the Scottish Governments response, thats not a prejudice, i voted snp last month and have done all my life. I hold the party I support to a higher degree of expectation than the competition, on pandemic response and a couple other issues i find them wanting. If youre happy then im absolutely delighted for you. 

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Dear scientists. Please stop scaremongering and f**k the f**k right off. Cheers. 

I got fed up hearing the latest pants wetting pish on a nice taps aff day and started singing "Don't fear the reaper" to myself. Got to the chorus.. "Come on Devi, don't fear the reaper.."

6 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

You say 3rd in the world (you may well be right) but I assume that's measured over a timeframe when the first jag was administered?

If you were to measure over the last couple of months, I doubt we'd still be third. And that's why people are entitled to ask for better from SG