Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

All catering kiosks will be closed at Hampden due to covid. Reasoning given is distancing cannot be guaranteed in queues.

dsgstd.gif

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

All catering kiosks will be closed at Hampden due to covid. Reasoning given is distancing cannot be guaranteed in queues.

In all honesty I've never used the catering stuff at Hampden.

That said and given we'll be in the ground for 4 hours or so based on our arrival slot this does seem a ridiculous decision. 

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That said and given we'll be in the ground for 4 hours or so based on our arrival slot this does seem a ridiculous decision. 

Feel sorry for those with Medical conditions that are going. 

Maybe to put people off going?

Absolute fucking shambles.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

People in hospital due to "Indian" variant not increasing significantly.

Shock news that vaccines work

Another example in that article of a local area inviting anyone over 18 along to get jagged so they aren’t wasting doses.  Are the clowns in charge finally realising there is no reason to be wasting any doses?

7 hours ago, Elixir said:

Google suggested 20% of Thai economic activity was tourism-related, which is a fair chunk!

In 2019. It fluctuates and the Thai government suggest its around 12.5% on average. Clearly 2020 will be nominal as an example and with the increase in Chinese tourists it will continue to grow in the future, however with other expansion policies so will other contributors.

The general point is that Thailand is not a particularly impoverished nation propped up by tourism.

57 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

😂

Must have imagined the tape on the ground in supermarkets etc

In all serious, it's one thing to say that the UK Gov / SG may be using rhetoric to try to encourage as many people as possible to get vaccinated before lifting the restrictions.

But f**k me, when covid is behind us (and it's coming), how they come out of this with any credibility remaining after the shite they have spouted in the last few months is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Does Covid only affect people at stadiums now?

No.  People in the fanzones are risking theirs and everyone else’s lives as well.

between my football and Scotland rugby season tickets I’m beginning to wonder how many games I’ll be allowed to attend in Scotland this year.  Got tickets to a couple of T20s at the Oval at the end of the month.  Feel more confident about seeing those games than I am about getting in to any Scottish stadium this year.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Some people will be in the ground for 5+ hours

Don't forget that exiting the stadium after the game is due to be phased.

Which immediately begs the question - is it legal to keep people kettled in a stadium with no provision for water and food for that length of time?

Thank fck I'm not going to Hampden. How can there be any enjoyment in being bawled at by over zealous stewards because you're standing 1.9 metres apart from someone outside rather than 2 metres. Having a mask on in 25 degree heat, no food, having to sit for about 3 hours before KO listening to some dreary playlist that will inevitably include "we're on the march with Allys army". Not forgetting the no beers in the air shite than JL keeps coming away with. I'd rather watch it in my living room tbh 

Edited by Thereisalight..

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Presumably this decision re catering at Hampden is another part of the grown up conversations we've been having.

It's fucking desperate.

The being treated like kids by some sanctimonious p***ks really has grown tiresome. 

I know at Hampden usually you cant take in food or drink. Theyll have to make exceptions this time as it will probably be blistering hot, plus the likes of diabetics will need food if they're at a stadium for 7 hours. 

Wonder if Wembley and the like are being so pretty