Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, Left Back said:

it's already too hard to answer.  sitting a metre away from someone in a pub/restaurant will make sod all difference to transmission.  the current domestic restrictions are achieving bugger all

Sorry what I meant was, if they are microscopic in proportion to the current numbers, then there would be obvious calls to end restrictions immediately.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

The Indie SAGE media personalities seem to be going after this chap, who is a member of the JVCI. 

Basically accusing him of advocating a let it rip approach. 

I shouldn't have read the replies to this. My god they are depressing

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

No wonder they're going after him, too much sense here. 

Pagel has already started on "why do we accept flu deaths!!!" whilst simultaneously ignoring why PHE didn't record any and I'm sure one of their other drones will have been doing likewise. The zero covid dream cannot die! 

These people are genuine psychopaths.

Nothing will ever be enough for these fucking loonies.

It used to be 'vaccinate the vulnerable'...once that was done 'make sure all adults are double jabbed'. Now it's 'what about the kids?' and they are already jumping that line into the 'but long covid' shite.

I've even seen one retweet saying that they 'strongly disagree' with his tweet that suggests medicine cannot bring immortality and we will one day all die.

5 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I shouldn't have read the replies to this. My god they are depressing

It's a sad indictment of society that the rallying call for these people is 'Vaccines are not 100% effective'

How do these fucking people survive to reach adulthood?

48 minutes ago, Michael W said:

No wonder they're going after him, too much sense here. 

Pagel has already started on "why do we accept flu deaths!!!" whilst simultaneously ignoring why PHE didn't record any and I'm sure one of their other drones will have been doing likewise. The zero covid dream cannot die! 

These people are genuine psychopaths.

The replies...comparing lockdowns to swerving a car to avoid an accident. Utter nutbags.

Daily Cases Update:  Day 54 of consecutive rises, up to 358.8 per 100K.  Infectivity now 9.0%.  With a predicted rise to over 20,000 active cases tomorrow.

Dundee now has far more cases of active Coronavirus than the whole of Poland.  With its 16% positivity still fairly rampant.  Add Edinburgh and you have more cases than in Germany !!!

Edinburgh, Midlothian & East Lothian also have higher infections than Blackburn with Darwen.  Apparently we are still banned from going to that hotspot.

New European figures today.   Scotland 358.8, England 138.4, Portugal 93.8, Russia 93.0, Northern Ireland 66.7, Wales 65.4, Spain 59.4, at other end we have Poland 2.2, Germany 5.4, Italy 8.3, France 19.0 all still dropping. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland previously peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 21st June to 27th June  were  18,556 to 19602  up 5.64%.  Positivity was 8.7% now 9.0%.   Cases per 100k were  339.6 now 358.8

Home Nations Daily update :  UK Average  134.3 to 145.4 up 8.27%, England   128.7 to 138.4 up 7.54%,  Wales 59.3 to 65.4 up 10.29%, Northern Ireland 64.2 to 66.7 up 3.89%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City  713.9 to 764.1  When is it going to slow down. 16.0% positivity.  Whitfield 1,295.5 per 100K

East Lothian  661.1 to 653.7 LEVEL 1 and 2nd spot  in the UK.   Musselburgh South 1,393.1 per 100K

Midlothian   621.9 to 658.7  3rd in UK

City Of Edinburgh   573.0 to 582.2  4th in the UK

Renfrewshire   413.2 to 451.7  6th in the UK

East Ayrshire  398.3 to 437.7  7th in the UK

West Dunbartonshire  411.6 to 436.3  LEVEL 1 8th in the UK

East Dunbartonshire  378.3 to 401.3

East Renfrewshire   383.1 to 399.9  

Angus  361.4 to 390.7  LEVEL 1

West Lothian  321.7 to 350.1   LEVEL1  

Glasgow City 354.0 to 383.2

Perth & Kinross 325.1 to 332.3  LEVEL 1  

North Lanarkshire   305.5 to 330.1

Fife  285.1 to 326.3  LEVEL 1

Aberdeen City   305.7 to 324.5  LEVEL1 

Falkirk   276.0 to 307.0  LEVEL 1 

South Lanarkshire  296.7 to 296.4 

Scottish  Borders   290.0 to 277.9 LEVEL 1

Inverclyde   263.5 to 267.4  LEVEL 1 

North Ayrshire  251.6 to 248.6 

Argyll & Bute  250.4 to 248.0 LEVEL 1 

Clackmannanshire   244.5 to 244.5

South Ayrshire  214.0 to 239.8

Stirling   222.9 to 236.7

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Highlands  176.0 to 189.5

Aberdeenshire  164.6 to 182.6

Dumfries & Galloway   153.8 to 151.1

Moray  63.7 to 61.6

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Shetland Islands  56.7 to 48.0 

Orkney Islands   31.4 to 31.4

Western Isles   0.0 to 3.7

Edited by superbigal

52 minutes ago, ulysses said:

The decision makers just need to keep the heid and get through this Delta wave, which will pass in the next few weeks.

Don’t panic, keep going.

Genuine question - what makes you think this wave will pass in the next few weeks? 

It's showing no sign of even levelling off at the moment.  Previous waves resulted in tougher restrictions, then, after a few weeks, case rates slowly started to come down.  This time restrictions are being eased (albeit more slowly than the roadmap) not toughened.

ps I'm NOT suggesting we ramp up restrictions again, I just can't see case rates coming down any time soon.

5 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Genuine question - what makes you think this wave will pass in the next few weeks? 

It's showing no sign of even levelling off at the moment.  Previous waves resulted in tougher restrictions, then, after a few weeks, case rates slowly started to come down.  This time restrictions are being eased (albeit more slowly than the roadmap) not toughened.

ps I'm NOT suggesting we ramp up restrictions again, I just can't see case rates coming down any time soon.

We're close to achieving herd immunity where the virus will run out of hosts to infect.  We have roughly 2/3rds of the adult population fully vaccinated.  Limited chance of spread.  We also have a bunch of adults and children who will have immunity through infection.  People acquiring immunity through infection that isn't stressing the NHS is a good thing at the moment.

Quite simply the virus will have no place to go.

We're close to achieving herd immunity where the virus will run out of hosts to infect.  We have roughly 2/3rds of the adult population fully vaccinated.  Limited chance of spread.  We also have a bunch of adults and children who will have immunity through infection.  People acquiring immunity through infection that isn't stressing the NHS is a good thing at the moment.
Quite simply the virus will have no place to go.

Summed it up better than I ever could. But aye basically this ^

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

The article does say they will have a system in place if they want to use them in the winter. 

I think the positive cases after Wembley just shows how fcking futile the vaccine status or negative tests really are. Absolutely no need for them to be used now let alone the winter