Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This is when the SG shouldn’t let the council’s making up the decisions on crowd capacity. 

Edinburgh Council it appears are doing everything they can to not let full capacity at both Easter Road and Tynecastle from next week. 

Usually plenty of staggered arrivals when we're away in Edinburgh anyway LOLZ.

In reality, none of the above stipulations is about anything other than being seen to be doing something, i.e jobsworth nonsense.

All just theatre and it'll be rubber stamped everywhere regardless.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

If I catch Covid and die, or if I catch Covid and develop the dreaded long Covid, at least I will be described by uk_centrist, Deepti and others as "previously super fit"

I'd  be very disappointed if they didn't fit in that you were a lecturer.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  275.0 to 270.5 down 1.64%, England  288.1 to 283.7 down 1.53%, Wales 145.5 to 141.6 down 2.68%, Northern Ireland  467.1 to 455.1 down 2.57%

So that's the UK down for 12 days in a row.  Scotland 30 days, Wales 14 days, England 12 days and Northern Ireland 6 days

In Europe for travellers  Spain is top at 319.8, France 234.4, Greece 182.0, Ireland 176.9, Portugal 166.9, These are the only main countries over 120 cases per 100K

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

This is when the SG shouldn’t let the council’s making up the decisions on crowd capacity. 

Edinburgh Council it appears are doing everything they can to not let full capacity at both Easter Road and Tynecastle from next week. 

What difference does staggered arrivals make given we are told that you need to be in air space of someone for around 15 minutes to catch it?

Are we seriously to believe that 30-60 seconds walking through a busy stand to your seat marks you as high risk? Because if so, that's completely against what we've been told the last 18 months.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What difference does staggered arrivals make given we are told that you need to be in air space of someone for around 15 minutes to catch it?

Are we seriously to believe that 30-60 seconds walking through a busy stand to your seat marks you as high risk? Because if so, that's completely against what we've been told the last 18 months.

Dumbarton operated staggered entry to our play-off match with Edinburgh City at the end of last season, asking some fans to turn up 1.5 hours before kick off, with no bar and no kiosks open. Just sit in your seat for 3-4 hours until the game is done, thankfully no extra time was required. I refused my ticket and sat at home with a beer and I'll be doing that again if they start this pish. Thankfully we appear to be operating a pay gate this week with very little restriction, so hopefully that continues. 

Are clubs operating staggered exit times for fans? My experience of ten years at our new midden sees entry being done in jig time, but at full time, we are all close together shuffling towards the ‘vomitories’ with it taking a long time to exit, compared to entry. Surely if 1039 fans at SMP require staggered entry to keep us safe, some of us shouldn’t be allowed to leave until one hour after the final whistle.

This surely cannot be an idiotic, useless as fcuk, tick box exercise, up there with insisting on wee bits of cloth on our faces in an outdoor setting. Surely not.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Dumbarton operated staggered entry to our play-off match with Edinburgh City at the end of last season, asking some fans to turn up 1.5 hours before kick off, with no bar and no kiosks open. Just sit in your seat for 3-4 hours until the game is done, thankfully no extra time was required. I refused my ticket and sat at home with a beer and I'll be doing that again if they start this pish. Thankfully we appear to be operating a pay gate this week with very little restriction, so hopefully that continues. 

If this is something which is required, I would suggest everyone simply ignores it and turns up when they want. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Are clubs operating staggered exit times for fans? My experience of ten years at our new midden sees entry being done in jig time, but at full time, we are all close together shuffling towards the ‘vomitories’ with it taking a long time to exit, compared to entry. Surely if 1039 fans at SMP require staggered entry to keep us safe, some of us shouldn’t be allowed to leave until one hour after the final whistle.

This surely cannot be an idiotic, useless as fcuk, tick box exercise, up there with insisting on wee bits of cloth on our faces in an outdoor setting. Surely not.

Nope. We were booted out of the Dunfermline game ASAP, milling about on stairwells and the likes. 

Club's duty of care to you was done as soon as ref blew for time it appeared.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No staggered exit at Clyde last week (or entry for that matter). 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Nope. We were booted out of the Dunfermline game ASAP, milling about on stairwells and the likes. 

Club's duty of care to you was done as soon as ref blew for time it appeared.

It’s a fcuking joke now, isn’t it. The only thing missing on Saturday will be John Swinney standing beside me with a wee cardboard box selling macaroon bars, spearmint chewing gum, an’ ra’ tartan facemasks.

4 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Genuine question...

Is there a particular reason why they have absolutely fucked their vaccination program?

Despite being more 'zero covid-y' than everywhere else, they surely knew that vaccination was the only way they could get out of this?

They've had plenty time to sort it, so to be in this position so far down the line is inexplicable.

A relative of mine in NZ is mid 70s and only got their first jag about 4 weeks ago.

That's a fair age for a sheep

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’s a fcuking joke now, isn’t it. The only thing missing on Saturday will be John Swinney standing beside me with a wee cardboard box selling macaroon bars, spearmint chewing gum, an’ ra’ tartan facemasks.

I asked the question cos I'm a nosy b*****d:

image.png.8c0de9ff4ebd411cb60beab66c5eaf5b.png

So, how is staggered arrivals preventing pub dwelling going to drive pub numbers down post game when everycunt piles out and goes to the pub?

I'd say most supporters who go to the pub on a matchday do so after the game. And this will be the case at 4:50 on a Saturday at ER or Tynecastle when everyone is allowed to just pile out (unless the council want to hold folk in their seats for an hour or two post match to dissuade pub activity) 

So I genuinely don't understand what staggered arrivals are actually supposed to be achieving in this scenario.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They pretty well gave up on that after the first few weeks in Inverness, I never got the hang of it tbh. One remaining annoyance in my local Tesco is you have to exit from the opposite side of the building from the entrance and where the car park is.

Start walking backwards