Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well not in your case because of a pre existing condition. But generally speaking of course it does. 

You are going down a rabbit hole here. Are you seriously suggesting that anyone with any mild symptom should be cancelling all plans and staying home for the rest of time? £5k holiday tomorrow, but I’ve coughed today, better bin the whole thing then!

Get a grip of yourself Helen.

You are going down a rabbit hole here. Are you seriously suggesting that anyone with any mild symptom should be cancelling all plans and staying home for the rest of time? £5k holiday tomorrow, but I’ve coughed today, better bin the whole thing then!
Easiest thing in the world to type on a phone. Some folk really havent grasped this "endemic" thing that we are slowly edging towards.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

No. That's a ridiculous and typically hysterical thing to say. "all plans, for the rest of time" Jesus H. 

10 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm sure that the decision to use LFT results instead of passports will work just fine, particularly because as we have seen over the months folk like the users of this site are so keen to follow the rules as thoroughly and honestly as they can.  You'd never catch a P&B member faking a result just to gain entry to some venue or other. No siree. 

😂

Im pretty sure one of the last people on here to suggest an ignoring of restrictions was one of the snp fan boys? 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Where are you going with this?

It was an answer to should you go to the cup final if symptomatic and the answer is no. The bold section was simply a little joke to suggest you wouldn't need a cough to be thought of as a c**t but I see that's fallen a bit flat. 

Nutshell: Symptomatic? Cup final? No. 

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

It was an answer to should you go to the cup final if symptomatic and the answer is no. The bold section was simply a little joke to suggest you wouldn't need a cough to be thought of as a c**t but I see that's fallen a bit flat. 

f**k me, it’s not even 9am and I’ve already seen the worst patter of the day.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Idiot

Off to New York next week, has anyone used any of the companies that you can buy the antigen test in the UK and take away with you, then do the 'video' test when you are there? 

Trying to find options for the new pre departure test.

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im pretty sure one of the last people on here to suggest an ignoring of restrictions was one of the snp fan boys? 

Not sure what the point of that post is.  Anyone, whether left, wishy washy liberal, right, Genghis Khan, Nationalist or Unionist, who fakes a test result is an utter cnut. 

I argued against LFTs for access quite a while ago, and my opinion hasn't really changed.  Not entirely sure about how to deal with the cases of those who can't be vaccinated, but the refuseniks can eff off.  Result fakers? Scum. 

My perusal of these boards over the months doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If folk want to know when we can go back to the good old days when you would go to work, the office, the train, the cinema, the bus, the football and sweat and hack and cough everywhere i hope the answer is never. I doubt that will need need restrictions in the medium term but it will just become unacceptable.

You didn't answer the question so I'll repeat it.

There will always be people that can't get vaccinated.  What trigger or threshold will we be able to bin face masks, constant testing, travel restrictions etc. or are you just accepting that this is life forever more to protect people that can't get vaccinated?

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You didn't answer the question so I'll repeat it.

There will always be people that can't get vaccinated.  What trigger or threshold will we be able to bin face masks, constant testing, travel restrictions etc. or are you just accepting that this is life forever more to protect people that can't get vaccinated?

Well accepting that if you are unwell or symptomatic you shouldn't go to a public event and even if you are fully vaxed you don't want to get Covid, I'd want the NHS to be in a better position, I'd want case numbers and hospitals numbers to be lower. Probably/hopefully in early spring. I'm not going to give you a date. 

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

Well accepting that if you are unwell or symptomatic you shouldn't go to a public event and even if you are fully vaxed you don't want to get Covid, I'd want the NHS to be in a better position, I'd want case numbers and hospitals numbers to be lower. Probably/hopefully in early spring. I'm not going to give you a date. 

I wasn't looking for a date.  What is a "better position".  there must surely be a number on it.  Why do case numbers matter?  Restrictions in theory were all about protecting the NHS.  

You have no clue what it is you're actually seeking and that's the real issue here.  You're basically defending the government position but have no idea what the endgame is or even could be.

What you're hinting at is basically what looks to be the government position of spring.  NHS under pressure (as it is every winter) so we can't ease up on restrictions.  Lets say we bin restrictions in the spring.  Do we fire them back in next winter, you know, just in case?  

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I wasn't looking for a date.  What is a "better position".  there must surely be a number on it.  Why do case numbers matter?  Restrictions in theory were all about protecting the NHS.  

You have no clue what it is you're actually seeking and that's the real issue here.  You're basically defending the government position but have no idea what the endgame is or even could be.

What you're hinting at is basically what looks to be the government position of spring.  NHS under pressure (as it is every winter) so we can't ease up on restrictions.  Lets say we bin restrictions in the spring.  Do we fire them back in next winter, you know, just in case?  

The NHS has been under pressure for most of the year (last 2 years). Not just this winter. I'm sorry you have a different opinion to mine but if you're looking for a Freedom Day and definitive point when we can all say this all over I reckon you will be disappointed. Hopefully we won't need any restrictions next winter but we can't say that now. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The NHS has been under pressure for most of the year (last 2 years). Not just this winter. I'm sorry you have a different opinion to mine but if you're looking for a Freedom Day and definitive point when we can all say this all over I reckon you will be disappointed. Hopefully we won't need any restrictions next winter but we can't say that now. 

the NHS is under pressure every winter.  That shouldn't be used as a rationale for anything.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No. That's a ridiculous and typically hysterical thing to say. "all plans, for the rest of time" Jesus H. 

56 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

All over the place here. Got a cough, holiday in which you will travel in an indoor enclosed space with others for hours is fine but don’t dare go to a cup final outdoors for 90 mins you piece of scum!

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A lot of words to say you can go to the cup final with a cough again in the future, but only once the dentist tells you so.

Another parrot to fill the void left by Welshy. Superb.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Easiest thing in the world to type on a phone. Some folk really havent grasped this "endemic" thing that we are slowly edging towards.

It was always likely to be the case, and anyone who hasn’t been accepting of that since at least last summer is, in the politest of terms, a fucking idiot.