Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Almost a year ago to the day.

The single worst piece of Covid journalism imo.

Connor Gillies essentially guilt tripping lonely students and accusing them of such gross irresponsibly that families affected by covid deaths can direct their anger on them.

https://m.facebook.com/bbcscotlandnews/videos/police-officers-break-up-illegal-lockdown-gatherings/135034355056340/

That wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Scot Squad.

7 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Almost a year ago to the day.

The single worst piece of Covid journalism imo.

Connor Gillies essentially guilt tripping lonely students and accusing them of such gross irresponsibly that families affected by covid deaths can direct their anger on them.

https://m.facebook.com/bbcscotlandnews/videos/police-officers-break-up-illegal-lockdown-gatherings/135034355056340/

I know it’s actually quite serious but ‘the individual will be reported to the procurator for facilitating a birthday party’ just had me properly burst out laughing :lol:

My mask has been thrown in the bin tonight. I've been sticking it on going into shops or indoor areas up until now purely to avoid any hassle, but tonight I went to a gig at the concert hall and was stopped from taking a pint to my seat and informed I could only drink water mask free at my seat. At this stage, when everycunt around the world is removing restrcitions, we're still fannying about with pointless shit like this. I cannot fathom what venues or government p***ks think they are achieving with this shit, nor can I fathom what science is being followed. 

That’s nuts. I’ve been to a handful of shows in the last few months and none of the venues have been that unhinged to enforce something like that.

I suspect it's the Concert Hall's link to Glasgow Life and the Cooncil that is bringing through this nonsensical approach to restrictions. The Mogwai gig in there last November was a similar experience.

The gigs I've attended in other venues across Glasgow have seen a far more sensible application of the rules (i.e they've just left it up to the fucking customer to determine what's reasonable and what's not).

Just back from Orlando, was really nice to get away from Scotland, life returning to normal over there. Masks only required indoors at disney and in airport, rest of the time people were just basically back to normal. Went to the basketball and had no bother taking a drink to my seat. 
I'm also just back from Orlando and had a similar experience when I got there. I found that masks were quite strictly enforced indoors at Disney / Universal which was quite strange given that there were literally hundreds of folk in close proximity to one another.

How did you find it getting there? This was my first trip abroad since Covid and it was a bit of a pain at times. We flew from Manchester with Virgin Atlantic and it was as though they had never seen a Scottish vaccine certificate before.

14 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm also just back from Orlando and had a similar experience when I got there. I found that masks were quite strictly enforced indoors at Disney / Universal which was quite strange given that there were literally hundreds of folk in close proximity to one another.

How did you find it getting there? This was my first trip abroad since Covid and it was a bit of a pain at times. We flew from Manchester with Virgin Atlantic and it was as though they had never seen a Scottish vaccine certificate before.

When we went to the Canaries we had to use our vaccine passports to complete the Spanish PLF.  the PLF was scanned on arrival and they didn’t ask to see our vaccine passports.  Didn’t ask for them on departure at Edinburgh either.  Checked our normal passports and boarding cards same as they’ve always done.

When we went to the Canaries we had to use our vaccine passports to complete the Spanish PLF.  the PLF was scanned on arrival and they didn’t ask to see our vaccine passports.  Didn’t ask for them on departure at Edinburgh either.  Checked our normal passports and boarding cards same as they’ve always done.
Virgin Atlantic have a thing called Fly Ready which let's you upload your negative test result and vaccine certificate (not sure if that's similar). It took the test result fine but wouldn't accept the vaccine certificate. Didn't think anything of it as we knew we had the certificates. Was a bit of a panic when we got to check-in and the person dealing with us still looked at it as if we'd drawn the QR codes ourselves. Coming back was fine. Uploaded the PLF to Fly Ready and breezed through check-in.

We also went a cruise while we were away and expected similar issues. They clearly hadn't seen a Scottish vaccine certificate either but accepted it without much issue.

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Virgin Atlantic have a thing called Fly Ready which let's you upload your negative test result and vaccine certificate (not sure if that's similar). It took the test result fine but wouldn't accept the vaccine certificate. Didn't think anything of it as we knew we had the certificates. Was a bit of a panic when we got to check-in and the person dealing with us still looked at it as if we'd drawn the QR codes ourselves. Coming back was fine. Uploaded the PLF to Fly Ready and breezed through check-in.

We also went a cruise while we were away and expected similar issues. They clearly hadn't seen a Scottish vaccine certificate either but accepted it without much issue.

I think Virgin Atlantic are starting direct flights to Orlando from Edinburgh around March/April time.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Yes there was a wee bit of humming and hawing over the scottish form but i found the issue with flyready is that it only accepts vaccine passports with dose 1&2 just now, so if yours has 2&3 on it it doesnt accept the form. But that said we had our documents checked at the airport as we were travelling with our wee boy who at 3 cant be vaccinated anyway. The flights were ok, the mask on unless eating thing is a bit bizarre given the fact youre mostly sitting in the same place for 9 hours and people drinking lots barely have a mask on anyway. Re disney, its simply safety theatre, but it is hard getting a 3 year old to wear a mask and found the staff quite lacking in an understanding. 

15 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

What cruise did you do? 

Where to even start with this?

1. Devi Sridhar is now apparently gaslighting people by saying we are leaving the pandemic.

2. Those graphs...in March 2020 how many people had access to tests? Very few. It was a huge deal getting to 250,000 tests a day for a single day at the end of April 2020. So the numbers this chump is showing are not comparing like for like. Many people died in March 2020 of Covid having not been tested. Many people contracted and survived Covid in March 2020 without being tested (my daughter included).

3. The replies...

What cruise did you do? 
I took full advantage of the free booze on the flight out and barely had my mask on. Had the drive home from Manchester after the return flight so mask was on for the full duration. Wasn't pleasant, I have to say, and I pity those who have to work full shifts wearing them.

Cruise was on the Norwegian Escape and they also had the usual mask rules in place. Moving around the ship meant having to wear a mask but eating or drinking (which I spent most of my time doing) didn't require a mask. The thing I found most strange is that they had about 4 channels on the TV, one of which was solely dedicated to hand washing. It says a lot that this wasn't the strangest channel given that Fox News was also on there. That was a real eye-opener.

Where to even start with this?
1. Devi Sridhar is now apparently gaslighting people by saying we are leaving the pandemic.
2. Those graphs...in March 2020 how many people had access to tests? Very few. It was a huge deal getting to 250,000 tests a day for a single day at the end of April 2020. So the numbers this chump is showing are not comparing like for like. Many people died in March 2020 of Covid having not been tested. Many people contracted and survived Covid in March 2020 without being tested (my daughter included).
3. The replies...

I really wonder what the psychology behind this is for these people, yes you could easily accuse the p&b cigar smokers as being overwhelmingly biased to anything optimistic in a desperate attempt for this to be over, fair enough
But who the f**k want ls to believe this is a disaster for ever and ever? Do they not realise that sickness and death are a simple fact of life? Is it simply a case of right wing governments say black so left wing commentators argue white?
I do think that for some c***s that covid is like snow , an excuse not to do things that they didn’t want to but felt obliged to go along with and they would like to keep it that way

Macron, Merkel and Sturgeon's pal Sridhar with blood on their hands.

John Bell, the Oxford University professor at the heart of the vaccine's creation and rollout, is highly critical about decision-makers in the European Union.

"They have damaged the reputation of the vaccine in a way that echoes around the rest of the world," he tells the BBC.

"I think bad behaviour from scientists and from politicians has probably killed hundreds of thousands of people - and that they cannot be proud of."

He adds: "I don't think it made relations with Europe any easier that it was promoted as the British vaccine."

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Macron, Merkel and Sturgeon's pal Sridhar with blood on their hands.

I made the same point on this thread months ago. Macron and Merkel basically trashed the AZ vaccine because it was British. Macron said it was "quasi-ineffective" for the over-55s. Merkel chose to have her second dose with a different type. The message that sent out, particularly to poor countries, was that the AZ vaccine was somehow unsafe and second class. SO people chose not to take it, preferring to wait for Pfizer or Moderna (which was 3 times the cost). 

In doing so, many people died of Covid as they were unvaccinated. Macron especially has blood on his hands.

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Meanwhile, outside the world of fantasy statistics, real world figures from Scotland on the Travelling Tabby website show that deaths and hospitalisations are still dropping and overwhelmingly affect those over 75 when normalised per 100k for each age group.

Both new hospitalisations and total currently in hospital numbers are dropping significantly.

Death numbers are flatter but still showing a slight drop and we're now well into statistical insignificant territory at about 20 or less per day.

Now this is the bit I can't understand. This is EXCELLENT news. But for some reason a lot of people seem annoyed by this and want to continue the pretence that everything is disastrous and in  crisis. Now why is that?

When is our tinpot administration going to stop with the last remaining theatre they just won't let go of?

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

My mask has been thrown in the bin tonight. I've been sticking it on going into shops or indoor areas up until now purely to avoid any hassle, but tonight I went to a gig at the concert hall and was stopped from taking a pint to my seat and informed I could only drink water mask free at my seat. At this stage, when everycunt around the world is removing restrcitions, we're still fannying about with pointless shit like this. I cannot fathom what venues or government p***ks think they are achieving with this shit, nor can I fathom what science is being followed. 

Was out for a scran on Friday night and restaurants are still asking customers to sign into 'Test and Protect'. Honestly: 'contact tracing' for what is now an endemic and bog standard respiratory infection, unless you're a science denier. Absolutely absurd nonsense. The sooner the UK Government pulls this rug from under the clowns up here by scrapping the funding for it, the better.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I made the same point on this thread months ago. Macron and Merkel basically trashed the AZ vaccine because it was British. Macron said it was "quasi-ineffective" for the over-55s. Merkel chose to have her second dose with a different type. The message that sent out, particularly to poor countries, was that the AZ vaccine was somehow unsafe and second class. SO people chose not to take it, preferring to wait for Pfizer or Moderna (which was 3 times the cost). 

In doing so, many people died of Covid as they were unvaccinated. Macron especially has blood on his hands.

Yup, with the additional irony being that it is the most extensively used vaccine in the UK, and we have been open for longer and been less disrupted than either of the slow motion car crashes that have continued in France and Germany. I would imagine we have also had less deaths since the vaccine rollout.

I hate how if you question the necessity of wearing a mask after being vaccinated people try to make you out to be some anti vaxxer weirdo or some selfish c**t not thinking about others

Id love to know what % of the population are unable to receive the vaccine, and what are your chances of a random close contact encounter with one of these people 

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I hate how if you question the necessity of wearing a mask after being vaccinated people try to make you out to be some anti vaxxer weirdo or some selfish c**t not thinking about others

Id love to know what % of the population are unable to receive the vaccine, and what are your chances of a random close contact encounter with one of these people 

They were also quite happy to grant an unlimited number of people an exemption 'becos o mah assssma', when there was literally no other mitigation on the table.

Their desire to police the habits of the majority who accepted a temporary measure without brass necking it will be filed in the bin where it belongs then.