Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

"The Queen has tested positive for Covid, Buckingham Palace has said.

The palace said the monarch is experiencing "mild cold-like symptoms" but expects to continue "light duties" at Windsor over the coming week."

A 95 year old wifey tests positive for COVID but is still planning on continuing with "light duties"? Shows the impact of this significant respiratory illness, get all these remaining restrictions to f**k then.

You couldn’t get a better example of the seriousness (or not) of omicron.

If her maj can carry on why are all these universities, schools, etc. Making a huge play of it?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.1125c1e31d5b199d1d91794d86ade198.png

wonder if Sturgeon and co are frantically making even more edits to their strategic plan now.

Anyone else a bit nervous ahead of Tuesday’s announcement. 

Surely they have to lift all remaining restrictions in the coming weeks if the rest of the UK and most of Europe are. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Surely they have to lift all remaining restrictions in the coming weeks if the rest of the UK and most of Europe are. 

I wouldn't say I was nervous - they certainly aren't going to be tightening anything and, if they keep things like masks / isolation in place whilst many others remove them then compliance will continue to melt away.

I'd say I was more curious to see what they do. Will they position themselves as an outlier and stick to their "care more" guns, pledging to continue shovelling public money onto a bonfire to provide "free" testing / isolation grants etc despite public funding being desperately needed elsewhere, or do they completely u-turn on their comments about that there "won't be a time" when we don't need to worry about covid, against Leitch's "i don't think there will ever be a time" when people who test positive have to isolate, and make their recent mewling about airflow in classrooms look ridiculously needless?

Whatever they do they have painted themselves into a corner and, one way the another, will look exactly like the tin pot organisation they really are.

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

After Blackford's comments this morning I wouldn't be so sure of restrictions being lifted. 

Still going on about the dangers of ending free testing and self isolation, surely if they think such measures are necessary they can fund them themselves? 

33 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

"The Queen has tested positive for Covid, Buckingham Palace has said.

The palace said the monarch is experiencing "mild cold-like symptoms" but expects to continue "light duties" at Windsor over the coming week."

A 95 year old wifey tests positive for COVID but is still planning on continuing with "light duties"? Shows the impact of this significant respiratory illness, get all these remaining restrictions to f**k then.

But covid is an instant death sentence for any old or vulnerable person who contracts it! Is this maybe some irrational fear in the world of vaccines and antivirals which actually requires psychological help after two years of mental and behavioural manipulation?

How much more evidence do we need - is it even as bad as a 'glorified' cold anymore? Or more akin to an utterly shan cold?

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If we're not still left with baseline theatre for months to come, I'll be shocked: masks while sitting in the dentist, on public transport, possibly in shops, 'Test and Protect' until the funding dries up, 'strong recommendations' which will continue to bounce employers to make shop assistants, hospitality workers etc, into wearing face masks, possibly recommendations for 'high risk' businesses to continue using vaxx passes, no scrapping of passenger locator forms for international travel, self-isolation continuing - even with some unworkable suggestions once widespread testing ends.

It will be excruciating and irrelevant before it's even published.

2 minutes ago, ddfg said:

After Blackford's comments this morning I wouldn't be so sure of restrictions being lifted. 

Still going on about the dangers of ending free testing and self isolation, surely if they think such measures are necessary they can fund them themselves? 

Will fat messes like Blackford be highly recommended to lose weight in their strategic framework?

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Will fat messes like Blackford be highly recommended to lose weight in their strategic framework?

Can't see that happening up here anytime soon as it would encourage people to take responsibility for their own outcomes and that is clearly not on the agenda. 

Re the comments about older people and covid there really is a need to move on from the narrative of March 2020, both of my parents who are late 70's with MS and recent cancer treatment have had it in the past month and other than a cough were neither up or down with it.

Don't know who is going to do it up here but the whole narrative around the risks and dangers of 2022 Covid against the 2020 version really needs ramped up ahead of pulling all restrictions. If people with no medically diagnised risk factors choose to refuse to follow the current science that and any incidental costs they incur should be on them and not anyone else. 

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The absolute state of this caller

"People need to know what they need to do" 

I thought that was part and parcel of being an adult? 

What's next.... Stay at home orders when it's sunny in case anyone gets sunburnt? 

46 minutes ago, ddfg said:

I could just about live with everything else being dropped, other than isolating if positive.

At the moment, I think that’s our best case scenario for Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I could have sworn that you said you had been challenged more than once in this country.

I apologise.

Once, I think, at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh last year.
Nothing wrong with your memory.

This things been going so long that it’s easy to forget.
I really need Scotland to follow England and leave it to ‘personal responsibility’

This business is playing havoc with my sanity.

21 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I apologise.

Once, I think, at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh last year.
Nothing wrong with your memory.

This things been going so long that it’s easy to forget.
I really need Scotland to follow England and leave it to ‘personal responsibility’

This business is playing havoc with my sanity ability to tell the truth when I’m trying to make a political point.

FTFY