Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Could be as high as 60% incidental admissions going from places where such data is readily available.

So using the worst case 60% there's actually only 567 people in hospital because of Covid.

On 16/02/2022 at 10:14, Billy Jean King said:
On 16/02/2022 at 09:31, Glennie said:
great so back to the original point, it was some tweet given the jab clot concerns

Lolz at the mega selective quote. It's total moon howling anti vax nonsense.

and there it is right on cue, amazing

🙈

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

So using the worst case 60% there's actually only 567 people in hospital because of Covid.

Yup, about 40-60% depending on vaccine coverage, prior infection, etc. Given how low the ICU numbers are, about 60% of admissions being incidental seems pretty accurate, so ~380 in hospital 'for' covid seems about right.

Of course, some of us predicted that the hospitals would empty by Easter. I didn't quite expect it two months early.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe it's because of her saying things like this just one month apart. The woman is a fraud and it's some comfort to know she's being seen as such in some quarters - even if it's the lockdown nutter quarter.

After *two years* and a ~90%+ vaxxed/boosted population (~99%+ in the old/vulnerable), along with so many people having had it anyway, it will *never* be enough for the Psycho Brigade.

Places in East Asia like Hong Kong that 'kept it out' for two years are now being absolutely f**ked.

Edited by Elixir

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

"Gaslighting" really is the calling card of a moron that is incapable of rational argument isn't it?

Yes, like "virtue signalling", "concern trolling", "woke" etc. I'd say that "dog whistling" is a useful contribution to the language though, which probably labels me as "woke".

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yes, like "virtue signalling", "concern trolling", "woke" etc. I'd say that "dog whistling" is a useful contribution to the language though, which probably labels me as "woke".

virtue signaling is spot on to describe the times

• wi covid its selfies getting jabs, selfies masking, even masking itself
  • then theres social media posting, hashtag campaigns, cesspits like linkedin
  • also all the clapping, kneeling, silences at fitba now

only ever seen "dog whistling" used by paranoid leftys

Looks like Portugal are the first main holiday destination to make a move. Masks in the bin in five weeks. I wonder who the first will be to drop all entry requirements - possibly Croatia?

virtue signaling is spot on to describe the times
  • wi covid its selfies getting jabs, selfies masking, even masking itself
  • then theres social media posting, hashtag campaigns, cesspits like linkedin
  • also all the clapping, kneeling, silences at fitba now
only ever seen "dog whistling" used by paranoid leftys
^^

Thinks Hitler was too left wing.

Terms like ‘gaslighting’ and ‘virtue signalling’ have specific meanings which are useful descriptions but they have just become used to mean “thing I don’t like”. 

The term “woke” is less well defined and therefore less meaningful to start with but has also just become a way for people to say “I don’t like this thing”. I saw some unnamed Tory MP say that his colleagues putting in letters against Boris Johnson were “woke”. The other day The Star ran a front page calling a pub that wasn’t selling Heineken “woke”. 🤷‍♂️