Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

People who want to continue wearing masks can feel free. People who want to stay in the house and avoid social contact can do the same.

My mask will be getting binned and I'll be getting on with my life. I won't try and force this on other people and I don't expect others to try and force their way of living on me.

This. 

Tempted to bin my mask now. 

Alex Cole-Hamilton asking a very valid question about why the use of vaccine passports just isn’t outlawed as a business could request medical information of you which they don’t have a legal right to.

Essentially told by NS to shut up and that won’t happen. She is broken by this past 24 months and now can’t stand to be questioned at all.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

The FM sets out some of the measures that might be used in Scotland if another evasive Covid variant emerged.

She says the Scottish government has guarded against a “one size fits all approach”.

However, it may be that people are asked to limit social contacts for a period and to work from home where possible.

Other temporary measures could be introduced for high risk settings – which recently has impacted hospitality and retail sectors.

There may also be a legal requirement to wear face masks in future, she says.

Absoutley no chance people will listen to any of that if they are bought back. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 minute ago, budmiester1 said:

Surely they can’t expect compliance with masks now that they have given a date for stopping the use of them, they would have been better to stop them at the same time as the vaccine passports?

They probably need a few weeks to change the narrative for bedwetters who don’t want to give them up.

Just now, scottsdad said:

This is one of those things where, technically, she is correct but for the public this was never the case. It was the law in England and the Scottish Government did nothing to ever suggest it was different here. 

Their very own app pinged me and said, very cleary, "Isolate and book a PCR test."

It did not, anywhere, say (but you don't have to if you don't want to).

I didn't anyway as I was able to take daily LFTs instead, but it's rather disingenuous to say that it was "well understood" that it was guidance.

2 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Surely they can’t expect compliance with masks now that they have given a date for stopping the use of them, they would have been better to stop them at the same time as the vaccine passports?

A boy I follow on Twitter saying there that if they can come off your face in March, they can come off your face in February.

13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Absoutley no chance people will listen to any of that if they are bought back. 

Like I said, the Sword of Damocles. These pitiful c**ts will paralyse Scotland's economy and business confidence if a few more folk each winter might get a slightly worse version of the sniffles. F**k off trying to rewrite human reality that people snuff it in winter, sometimes more than others.

As ever, we can only hope that our neighbours in Europe never consider this and consequently nothing happens here as it would make them look utterly ridiculous. They have had nonsensical trigger points before in their 'levels' bollocks which were a total failure, and they disregarded anyway.

Edited by Elixir