Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There's a 5th vaccine?! Ridiculous, what a waste of time and resources.
Personally, having had 4 doses and still caught it, i'll not be bothering with any more.

Eh, I think HSF has health issues which would necessitate a 5th vaccine.

(Please correct me I’m mistaken HSF).

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Everyone else has moved on and enjoying life whereas you're still trawling the Internet for stories about countries struggling with Covid. You clearly cannot let it go. 

Also, "you total weed"? Dearie me 

Couple of things.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of weed.

And your avatar is 'the weed in tweed' is it not?. 

I'd take it as a compliment. 😃

ETA. Why is this thread still going? It's over.

Edited by Suspect Device

50 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I know HSF has health issues. I do too.

Neither of which are reasons to continue shovelling money and resources into maintaining a vaccine programme which is no longer necessary.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The New Zealand cricket captain out with Covid. Will it spread among his team mates ?

Time for the conspiracy theorists to re-emerge !!

Can you blame him, if be hoping for any illness to avoid meeting folk like this.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Correct. 

I know of a number of people with the same condition that have died with covid (any infection could kill us tbh) so may as well keep boosting my immunity.

6 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Everyone else has moved on and enjoying life whereas you're still trawling the Internet for stories about countries struggling with Covid. You clearly cannot let it go. 

Also, "you total weed"? Dearie me 

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's only one utter psycho left in this thread and he's cheering on lockdowns and deaths in China. Get on with your life man.

Barely posted on this thread or the board for weeks, m8s, as I've very much been 'enjoying life' and 'getting on with my life' holidaying abroad. These past two years are probably the most disruptive and miserable any of us will ever live through, but clearly some of the socialites on here were never all that bothered by it.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.' 🥴

I know HSF has health issues. I do too.
Neither of which are reasons to continue shovelling money and resources into maintaining a vaccine programme which is no longer necessary.

Right, but you’re not HSF, so…

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Who are you to say it’s a waste to someone who obviously thought it was necessary to get one?

HSF can do whatever she wants. 

Not being HSF doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on a vaccine programme which has now seen people receive five doses over a 16 month period.

HSF can do whatever she wants. 
Not being HSF doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on a vaccine programme which has now seen people receive five doses over a 16 month period.

Bit dickish to call the actions of someone who needs a 5th vaccine as “wasteful” though.

3 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Tested positive for the first time earlier in the week, the one thing that put a brightener on it was that I could pay £40 for a recently recovered certificate and not need to pay for all the covid tests, they’ve just taken that away from me now and all i have left is the covid :(

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Grifters gonna grift

Must have boxes of unsold masks lying around. 

Proper head in the hands material the responses to that, but look around you when you're out: these people are a tiny, tiny minority. 

Short of a scientific miracle, Covid will not go away (why do the facemask-in-the-bio types keep saying "it hasn't gone away" as if this strengthens their arguments?). But we are living with it and the vast majority are getting on with their lives; if a few twitter nutters want to hermit themselves then that's on them. Their viewpoints now matter about as much as that of your average Celtic da when Rangers get a penalty. 

Hopefully the remaining restrictions around travel and residual mask rules in certain places abroad wither away in the next couple of months as well.