Morton vs. Queen of the South

50 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Think I'm going to go along, as Glasgow based. Good pubs near ground?

Get a few pints in might make the next defeat not seem as bad .

We are in deep trouble our defence is very poor along with our keeper Morton will score have to hope our new defender and winger are brilliant will be surprised if that happens 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Any chance this could be postponed again? Preferably indefinitely.

I think that's definitely our best bet.

Right now the best looking column on the league table is the games played one.  I'm dreading us drawing level on that one while the points one is barely changed.

17 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Think I'm going to go along, as Glasgow based. Good pubs near ground?

Speaking from a visiting fans point of view, not really any good close pubs at all.  The Norseman is right next to the ground but not recommended even by Morton fans I don't think. There's a Brewers Fayre about  half a mile away (maybe less) if that's the kind of place your looking for. Obviously more choice nearer the Town Centre but stretching it to be walking distance. The locals will obviously have more info. Travel clubs and some visiting fans usually go to the Morton Supporters Club but again a fair distance from Cappielow.  

22 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Get a few pints in might make the next defeat not seem as bad .

We are in deep trouble our defence is very poor along with our keeper Morton will score have to hope our new defender and winger are brilliant will be surprised if that happens 

You do realise that we are shite?

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

You do realise that we are shite?

Nobody's  ever as shite as us according to Northfield and judged on last two performances and results he could be right. The only upside is that we are still scoring goals but Johnston seriously needs to get the defence settled again, not easy when bedding in a new keeper and young centre half and injuries to two regulars.  No-one seems to be telling if Kilday is out short or long term, but hopefully Mercer will be back.   Another two newbies to maybe make an appearance will be Ledger and Petravicius so probably more shuffling of the team happening. All I'm hoping for is that Johnston plays players in their best position and they at least look like they've had some training together and not just met before kick-off.

One thing we have been very effective at recently is getting loads of crosses in the box so if you are as shit as you say  at defending cross balls, we should cause a lot of problems. We have scored against Alloa, Arbroath, DU and Dunfermline recently from crosses, it seems to be  our main goal threat at the moment. 

10 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Speaking from a visiting fans point of view, not really any good close pubs at all.  The Norseman is right next to the ground but not recommended even by Morton fans I don't think. There's a Brewers Fayre about  half a mile away (maybe less) if that's the kind of place your looking for. Obviously more choice nearer the Town Centre but stretching it to be walking distance. The locals will obviously have more info. Travel clubs and some visiting fans usually go to the Morton Supporters Club but again a fair distance from Cappielow.  

The Norseman's fine but if you want more choice, and yer coming by train, get a return to Greenock Central and stay on the train past Cartsdyke and when ye get off there there's a few pubs handy. James Watt is pretty decent for a Weatherspoon and is yer cheapest option. Then you can jump back on the train to Cartsdyke for the game. 

On 02/02/2020 at 20:00, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Nobody's  ever as shite as us according to Northfield and judged on last two performances and results he could be right. The only upside is that we are still scoring goals but Johnston seriously needs to get the defence settled again, not easy when bedding in a new keeper and young centre half and injuries to two regulars.  No-one seems to be telling if Kilday is out short or long term, but hopefully Mercer will be back.   Another two newbies to maybe make an appearance will be Ledger and Petravicius so probably more shuffling of the team happening. All I'm hoping for is that Johnston plays players in their best position and they at least look like they've had some training together and not just met before kick-off.

The "young centre half" was probably our best player on Saturday.  People should stop suggesting he's a weak link!

I’m not going to make any predictions on this game until I’ve seen our starting 11. It’s basically a surprise now come 2.30 on a Saturday as there’s no real updates on injuries and AJ likes to move players about and unsettle shit. 

2 hours ago, oldhat said:

The "young centre half" was probably our best player on Saturday.  People should stop suggesting he's a weak link!

Sorry Mrs Devine, yer wee boy played well.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

I fully expect this game to be off looking at Friday night and Saturday's weather forecast.
Just so long as they give plenty of notice and don't leave it until an hour before kick-off to postpone it. I doubt anyone would ever leave it so late though so probably worrying for no reason.