PTFC v QOSFC. The we're shiter than you thread

Guest Flash
9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Whatever happened to Simmons? Seemed to be hated by the fans of every club he was it apart from Alloa, never looked like a bloke who enjoyed football. 

I know the feeling.

11 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

image.png.34d9e3e1793a7d3b552ad33cea0d6634.png

:lol:

This really annoys me - not in some 'refs must crack down on it' type way.  It's not actually important, but it gives an insight into the childish mind set of loads of players who indulge in such petty, pointless acts of rebellion.  You see it all the time.  Lots of them are idiots.

This really annoys me - not in some 'refs must crack down on it' type way.  It's not actually important, but it gives an insight into the childish mind set of loads of players who indulge in such petty, pointless acts of rebellion.  You see it all the time.  Lots of them are idiots.

Pretty much like stealing yards at throw ins and free kicks.

5 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Pretty much like stealing yards at throw ins and free kicks.

Yes, it's the same daft instinct, but at least there might be some minor advantage to be gained there.  It's also less blatant, because there's not a specific, tiny designated area that they must be taken from.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes. Partick Thistle player 'steals' half a yard at a corner then delivers typically woeful ball. It's not clever.

Yes, it's the same daft instinct, but at least there might be some minor advantage to be gained there.  It's also less blatant, because there's not a specific, tiny designated area that they must be taken from.

Isn’t there ? I thought the throw in or free kick had to be taken where the ball went out or foul committed.

14 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Isn’t there ? I thought the throw in or free kick had to be taken where the ball went out or foul committed.

Yes, that's less fixed than the small area marked out with white lines for corners.

I hadn't realised this would be tricky.