Hibs vs Hearts

Guest Bob Mahelp
28 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You changed it from,  not a direct quote but its close "we will lose, I'm tired of losing, we always lose, it's too far, it's too expensive, Deeks will bottle it, whinge,whinge cry"

I'd thought given half a chance to get out of the dullest city in Europe youd jump at it..

It must be shite supporting Aberdeen 

Never mind, it gives you something to lash out at the day after being humiliated.

You can thank me later.

You changed it from,  not a direct quote but its close "we will lose, I'm tired of losing, we always lose, it's too far, it's too expensive, Deeks will bottle it, whinge,whinge cry"

To be fair, that could be any Aberdeen fan, in any Aberdeen match thread.

I’m thinking that about tonight’s Killie game right now.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Never mind, it gives you something to lash out at the day after being humiliated.

You can thank me later.

I was humiliated?😄 My team was hammered in a football match, I'll survive Bob.

So to clarify, why are you not going to the semi final?

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

I don't really know about it 'meaning more'. I think it's just that Hearts as a club are better at handling derbies and better at instilling the idea that you don't lose these games.

This is exactly the point I'm making. It obviously matters to both sets of supporters, but the attitudes from boardroom to pitch have been vastly different over the years.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Also, we tend to just be better than Hibs.

True, when Hearts have a superior side, they tend to dominate. When Hibs have the better side, results tend to be pretty even. Which suggests it means more to one particular side.

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts were the better team last night. Hibs fans never ever say after any of their many derby defeats that Hearts were simply better than them. It's the Hibs narrative that Hearts only ever kick them off the park, beat them on a small pitch, 'want it more' etc. It is anathema to Hibs fans to ever concede that Hearts simply played football better than them and played them off the park.

Pretty much all the m9's on here have said that Hearts deserved their win. What you're describing is every losing football fan. Every fanbase has an 'always cheated, never defeated' section of roasters.

18 hours ago, JTS98 said:

But also the Mercer derby, pumping them on Sky Tv when that was a new thing, JC kicking the ball inexplicably far for such a small man.

It's pretty much always been a happy hunting ground in my lifetime. Those memories are gold.

All this nostalgia prompted me to look up that "Were it not for the consolation goal 3-0 would have been the biggest Hearts win at Easter Road since the '90s" factoid.

The match in question was the start of Jim Duffy's reign and while Jack Ross is probably still in a bad mood at least he can take some solace from the fact that he's not Jim Duffy.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This is exactly the point I'm making. It obviously matters to both sets of supporters, but the attitudes from boardroom to pitch have been vastly different over the years.

True, when Hearts have a superior side, they tend to dominate. When Hibs have the better side, results tend to be pretty even. Which suggests it means more to one particular side.

Did Hibs most successful run of derbies in f**k knows how long not come at a time when we a) finished absolutely miles ahead of them in the Championship and b) spent two subsequent seasons in the division above?

Just back in, P&B seemed to be down this morning and it wasnt even a St Mirren defeat?

Hearts played very well last night, excellent tactics from Stendell, cant think of a failure in that team.

Reverse all of those and you have how Hibs played / Ross tactics.

Thank f**k we have such a big points advantage or I would be worrying about Hearts overtaking us in the league after that pish..........................

Did Hibs most successful run of derbies in f**k knows how long not come at a time when we a) finished absolutely miles ahead of them in the Championship and b) spent two subsequent seasons in the division above?

No the last time Hibs had a sustained period of supremacy Turnbull’s Tornados finished above hearts consistently during their 12 match streak

Curiously the all conquering Post war Hibs side lost all the derbies in their league winning seasons

28 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

No the last time Hibs had a sustained period of supremacy Turnbull’s Tornados finished above hearts consistently during their 12 match streak

Curiously the all conquering Post war Hibs side lost all the derbies in their league winning seasons

Turnbull's Tornadoes eh? I think I'll stand by my assertion that Hibs 2015-17 derby form was the best they've done against us in f**k knows how long.