Ayr/Dundee vs Dundee/Ayr - The Double Header

Bit frustrated today... felt we did enough to edge that. Also frustratingly, that's three games with Dundee without much in them and we only have 1 point to show for it.

Plus points -

Moffat was a lot more productive today; Harvie had a good day with some decent crosses; Drinan had some good hold up play and Roscoe was a rock.

Negatives -

Kelly is still far too deep to have enough infleunce on the game; the long balls to Drinan are becoming a bit too predictable; Forrest looks injured and Tiffoney is all arms and legs and never seems to have the ball under control for me.

Was Moff's goal actually offside? Why did McCowan not even feature today? 

I think playing Aero in midfield makes us more robust but seems to blunt us going forward.

Berra's moment of the game had to be when he was meandering with the ball in his own box about to pass it back to Hazard not realising Moffat was in front of him and Drinan behind him. He almost passed it to Moff before kicking it out for a throw.

Almost comedy gold. 

Hes still an upgrade on Forster.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bit frustrated today... felt we did enough to edge that. Also frustratingly, that's three games with Dundee without much in them and we only have 1 point to show for it.

Plus points -

Moffat was a lot more productive today; Harvie had a good day with some decent crosses; Drinan had some good hold up play and Roscoe was a rock.

Negatives -

Kelly is still far too deep to have enough infleunce on the game; the long balls to Drinan are becoming a bit too predictable; Forrest looks injured and Tiffoney is all arms and legs and never seems to have the ball under control for me.

Was Moff's goal actually offside? Why did McCowan not even feature today? 

I think playing Aero in midfield makes us more robust but seems to blunt us going forward.

If we have a holding midfielder then that should allow Kelly, or whoever, to get forward.

At our best and most fluent the midfield 3 seemed to rotate really well and instinctively knew when to sit and when to get forward. Having the ball sticking in the opposition's final 3rd allows us to get forward.

Its all a bit disjointed at the moment.

Just now, HeathrowAUFC said:

Can someone have a word with yer man on the tannoy doing the halftimes. The first couple of “nothings” were comedy, but the lack of “nils” soon turned brutal.

Call me a miserable barsteward but I don't like the whole trying to gee the crowd up before the game. It's a bit too American for me.

2 points dropped, on another day we'd have won 3-0, badly missing a goalscorer, as predicted Drinan can't be faulted for effort or hold up play but he can't score.

Need to hope Moore comes back and scores goals or we'll be struggling to stay in top 4.

In saying that though Dundee aren't scoring and Dunfermline aren't scoring as much without Nisbet so could be a case of who shitfests their way the most to the play offs
Drinan has a very respectable goals return at the moment. Your criticism seems harsh.

It sounds more like we're struggling to make chance, which can hardly be blamed on him not being a finisher.

The players would've known at half time that Inverness were 2-0 down. Being toothless in front of goal killed us. Very frustrating after that.
This is just frustration.

The other results have no effect until the final game or two in the season. We're (rightly) focusing on our own form and it just so happens we're struggling to create much and take the chances we do make.

There are reasons for that, and probably things could be better - but questioning the attitude of the players in terms of coping with pressure seems way over the top.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Take it slowly now.
You've won 7 from 9 against us. We're absolutely pish. We're also not a massive team from Dundee.
And we're still above you.
HTH.

Doesn't take away the fact you're still utter pish.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

Take it slowly now.
You've won 7 from 9 against us. We're absolutely pish. We're also not a massive team from Dundee.
And we're still above you.
HTH.

Some catch you've made here Taffies lol.

It just shows how far we've come in a couple of years when our support are annoyed with two draws in four days against the two Dundee clubs.

I'm in the "content" camp incidentally.