The SPFL recommendation?

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t need to prove anything. I could also ask you the same question why you believe otherwise?
The vote was borderline.
Do you really believe that not one club that voted yes would not have voted differently had money not been a dependency of outcome? No chance....

The major deciding factor was whether the season could be completed or not. Once it was clear that wasn't going to happen virtually all clubs, apart from the ones set to directly lose out, were going to vote Yes. More than anything clubs wanted the certainty of getting this season over, getting out of contract players off the books and ensuring survival through the summer. They knew the season was done and wanted to just get on with things and limit the uncertainty. Although access to prize money may have been important, I'm not sure it was the major deal breaker that some are making out when put into context.

Airdrie for example had nothing to lose and everything to gain in a playing sense (and therefore financial via play-off ties and possible promotion) for the rest of this season, the only way we would have voted to throw that away is if the club were absolutely certain there was no chance of any of this happening, which is obviously why we did. Once that has been decided, the quicker than usual access to prize money is a secondary issue and would have made no difference either way to our vote.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

12 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

I agree with this that season Brechin went up to the championship they finished 4th behind us and Alloa having lost more games than they won. Mental.

Still, it worked out well for them...

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ll never get how some people on here genuinely believe that the clubs that voted yes, didn’t do so for any reasons relating to self interest or why doing so is somehow a bad thing.

Every club voted on the basis of what suits their needs most. In any other words, their own self interest....

Agreed, but there were some Falkirk, Partick and Dundee fans who were, in fact still are, convinced that their clubs, and only their clubs, did not act in self interest and are some sort of beacons of morality.

Sky have enough cameras to cover at least 3 leagues (over 30 games) in England, BBC struggle to provide quality highlights from the SPL which is 6 games spread over 2 days.

Live football is different from highlights. 

Sky has all the necessary equipment for multi-games and is there for able to broadcast more than I game at a time, BBC Scotland definitely does not, live action from 2 games would be limited quality and more than that would likely be so poor they wouldn’t do it for fear of it looking dross compared to their competitors.

Much of the live sport on TV is produced by independent contractors working on behalf of the broadcasters.

These companies will be desperate for work and will have lots of capicity available.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Much of the live sport on TV is produced by independent contractors working on behalf of the broadcasters.

These companies will be desperate for work and will have lots of capicity available.

Sorry the iFollow service that EFL clubs only consists of one camera. So there isn't even need for that.

Also I think Sky Produce all their own stuff in-house.

17 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Sky have enough cameras to cover at least 3 leagues (over 30 games) in England, BBC struggle to provide quality highlights from the SPL which is 6 games spread over 2 days.

Live football is different from highlights. 
Sky has all the necessary equipment for multi-games and is there for able to broadcast more than I game at a time, BBC Scotland definitely does not, live action from 2 games would be limited quality and more than that would likely be so poor they wouldn’t do it for fear of it looking dross compared to their competitors.

You're talking as if Scotland is a third world country here. We could show every Premiership game no problem at all. What is this "poor quality" you're talking about?  

That's PSG declared Champions as France brings the season to a close.

Only a matter of time here........ before the dossier appears.

Aye! 

That'll be right.🥴

Lorient declared Liga 2 champs but only a point ahead of Lens. Both were promoted but two went down.

All done on a points per game played basis.

Edited by embow

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You're talking as if Scotland is a third world country here. We could show every Premiership game no problem at all. What is this "poor quality" you're talking about?  

I don’t believe think that BBC Scotland have enough of the necessary equipment for  streaming 2 or 3 virtually simultaneous outside broadcast events. Enough needed  to cover  all six ties in each round of the 8 remaining SPL rounds of fixtures? Fair enough you seem to know better, you must be ITK. Bear in mind most OB events are set up the day before the event as it is a lengthy procedure. 

On 29/04/2020 at 18:09, virginton said:

The idea that a club like, say Ayr United, would rather have their final payment now than a play-off for top flight football is ridiculous. Yet they voted for the proposal that concluded their league campaign. That wasn't the real choice on offer though, because the adults in the room already recognised that no play offs of any form were going to happen.

Your example looks a bit weak now following Ayr chairman stating that he asked to change their vote from a Yes to a No but told not allowed , how on earth can we have a governing body that have rules that say you can change a vote from no to yes but not the other way ......any club that doesn’t back an external enquiry should hang their heads in shame .....

1 hour ago, embow said:

That's PSG declared Champions as France brings the season to a close.

Only a matter of time here........ before the dossier appears.

Aye! 

That'll be right.🥴

Lorient declared Liga 2 champs but only a point ahead of Lens. Both were promoted but two went down.

All done on a points per game played basis.

Was their vote a fair vote or a stitch up like ours , more and more info coming out that that must result in a full enquiry 

On 29/04/2020 at 15:44, virginton said:

What evidence do you have to support this wild claim? I'd suggest that most clubs voted for both financial and pragmatic reasons: that the season was not going to be completed and so resolving it based on the performances to that date was the best of several bad choices available to them. There's nothing to suggest that these votes would change if the decision was made tomorrow.

See my previous post re Ayr wishing to chance vote , will you now open your eyes and ears and take in what is being said about the shambles of the way vote was rushed through with the bride of financial payment ..... have you read Doncaster’s latest statement it’s terrible and looks like they have lots to fear  ,,,

7 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Your example looks a bit weak now following Ayr chairman stating that he asked to change their vote from a Yes to a No but told not allowed , how on earth can we have a governing body that have rules that say you can change a vote from no to yes but not the other way ......any club that doesn’t back an external enquiry should hang their heads in shame .....

I agree, it's a shite rule, who could possibly have agreed to that when the SPFL was formed?

44 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Was their vote a fair vote or a stitch up like ours , more and more info coming out that that must result in a full enquiry 

No vote as far as I'm aware.

They were told that's it finished. Lyon are thinking of appealing as when the games finished they were in fifth but now have dropped to seventh (on points per game basis) so no European spot. They seem to be the only ones making a bit of a fuss. 

You'll get all the details on BBC Sport site.

Sorry the iFollow service that EFL clubs only consists of one camera. So there isn't even need for that.

Also I think Sky Produce all their own stuff in-house.

To be clear by produce I was meaning cameras and other technical kit and the cameramen, riggers etc.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I don’t believe think that BBC Scotland have enough of the necessary equipment for  streaming 2 or 3 virtually simultaneous outside broadcast events. Enough needed  to cover  all six ties in each round of the 8 remaining SPL rounds of fixtures? Fair enough you seem to know better, you must be ITK. Bear in mind most OB events are set up the day before the event as it is a lengthy procedure. 

If they have a time machine then surely cameras and other filming equipment is no challenge?

2 hours ago, embow said:

No vote as far as I'm aware.

They were told that's it finished. Lyon are thinking of appealing as when the games finished they were in fifth but now have dropped to seventh (on points per game basis) so no European spot. They seem to be the only ones making a bit of a fuss. 

You'll get all the details on BBC Sport site.

Toulouse FC thinking of taking their relegation to court.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/toulouse-president-sadran-decries-any-lfp-decision-to-relegate-his-side-from-ligue-1-this-is-an-abuse-of-power/

Edited by Bairn in Exile

9 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Looking forward to the inquiry into that rule.

Was this rule explicitly stated anywhere? Was this rule hidden from clubs in any way? How did this rule come into being? Did any of the clubs complaining now object to it when the SPFL was formed? Did they complain about it at any point prior to trying to use a complaint now as a way to weasel out of relegation or deny their rivals a title?

The answers to those questions will tell you how likely it is that your relegation will be overturned. Stop clutching at straws.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Looking forward to the inquiry into that rule.

Was this rule explicitly stated anywhere? Was this rule hidden from clubs in any way? How did this rule come into being? Did any of the clubs complaining now object to it when the SPFL was formed? Did they complain about it at any point prior to trying to use a complaint now as a way to weasel out of relegation or deny their rivals a title?

The answers to those questions will tell you how likely it is that your relegation will be overturned. Stop clutching at straws.

Rules were set up in line with a 28 day vote which is why this is causing an issue. Normally you didn't actually vote no you just withheld your vote if you didn't agree or voted yes if you did.  They then waited till either they had enough yes votes or the 28 days were up. If you voted yes then the rules state you cant change your vote but there is no rule for a no vote as the rules were set up to not require no votes.  The spfl's desperation to get this through by a friday at 5pm therefore caused this whole problem. The same issue could happen again with reconstruction unless they can change the basic voting rules but knowing the spfl that will take another bloody vote.