The SPFL recommendation?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The post you quoted makes a comparison between the article by English and the one in the Record.

I never at any point mentioned the daily record in my reply.   As I said noone really knows who will vote what but tom english is a complete feckwit. I have never read the daily record so cant comment ar all on the other bloke but would expect him to be no better if he writes for a newspaper.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Can't see that being different for any club in a promotion or relegation spot, not sure why Raith are causing you that much offence and nobody else? 

I think the point is that captain birdeye seems to be pretending hes doing it on some kind of scottish football crusade when quite rightly hes doing it for raith. He should just admit it though.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The only option he thought was unacceptable was the one that didn't promote Raith. 

You were potentially 8 games away from chucking the title and ending in the play offs again but no Raith fan seems to consider that outcome. Ah so it's unfair on Raith as they might have to cut budgets again if they stay in League 1 for another season? At least we're getting to the real reason.

Shirt of finishing the season with the same squads in short order, there is no fair way of ending the season.

Everything else is a case of picking your poison.

14 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Rovers chairman is lying about his motivation but all the Falkirk fans would totally vote for no promotion even if they had one more point 😂

No wed vote for the proposal that suited falkirk  but I'd hope we wouldnt then paint it as some kind of vote for scottish football. It's not the fact that he's voting for raiths interests here it's the fact that hes pretending hes doing it for scottish football and nowt else.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the point is that captain birdeye seems to be pretending hes doing it on some kind of scottish football crusade when quite rightly hes doing it for raith. He should just admit it though.

A number of clubs seem to be veering towards a Yes vote without the added self interest of automatic promotion. It's perfectly possible that Clark has overlapping reasons for wanting this resolution. The fact that the likes of Ayr are voting Yes as they think they'd be in trouble two months down the line suggests that Clark's "crusade" has something to it, and that even if we weren't in the first spot we might be looking to vote Yes for our own financial benefits anyway.

Just now, CALDERON said:

Can't see that being different for any club in a promotion or relegation spot, not sure why Raith are causing you that much offence and nobody else? 

I'm not offended, I just think your chairman has had a bit of a minter going on national television. I don't pay too much attention to other divisions but if chairman of other clubs have made similar embarrassments of themselves then they deserve all the flak they get.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably right but I'd hope they wouldnt then paint it as some kind of vote for scottish football. It's not the fact that he's voting for raiths interests here it's the fact that hes pretending hes doing it for scottish football and nowt else.

Again, he's never exactly hidden the fact he'd want a resolution that keeps Rovers promotion alive. It's never been for the good of scottish football and nowt else. Doesn't mean he doesn't actually think it isn't good for scottish football either though.

Edited by renton

Just now, renton said:

A number of clubs seem to be veering towards a Yes vote without the added self interest of automatic promotion. It's perfectly possible that Clark has overlapping reasons for wanting this resolution. The fact that the likes of Ayr are voting Yes as they think they'd be in trouble two months down the line suggests that Clark's "crusade" has something to it, and that even if we weren't in the first spot we might be looking to vote Yes for our own financial benefits anyway.

Tosh theres no way in hell he would be voting yes if raith were in our position just as theres no way we would be voting no in your position.  Imagine we'd gone top the last weekend before the matches stopped.  Yes I'm sure he'd still be voting yes in that case . Feck me.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Again, he's never exactly hidden the fact he'd want a resolution that keeps Rovers promotion alive. It's never been for the good of scottish football and nowt else. Doesn't mean he doesn't actually think it isn't good for scottish football either though.

Have you watched his sky sports interview.🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tosh theres no way in hell he would be voting yes if raith were in our position just as theres no way we would be voting no in your position.  Imagine we'd gone top the last weekend before the matches stopped.  Yes I'm sure he'd still be voting yes in that case . Feck me.

Why not, as you keep pointing out, were skint with the begging bowls out. We might well vote Yes just to get the money were we second.

Ayr are in the promotion play off spots. They are voting yes, for reasons of finance.

Edited by renton

Just now, renton said:

Why not, as you keep pointing out, were skint with the begging bowls out. We might well vote Yes to get the money.

Honestly you are so naive if you think that. I am of no allusion that we would vote no if we were top by a point even though we're in a far better financial spot than raith.  

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Honestly you are so naive if you think that. I am of no allusion that we would vote no if we were top by a point even though we're in a far better financial spot than raith.  

I'm not naive at all. I have consistently recognised that self interest plays a role in Rovers decision making. That self interest extends beyond our potential promotion to releasing money that will keep us solvent. In that aspect we are no different from many other clubs. You are absolutely certain that out club are pursuing this resolution because of the promotion benefits to the exclusion of all else. Whereas the more complex reality is that we probably do want and need that money sooner than later and that consideration would play a bigger role for us were we sitting second than it obviously does for your club sitting second. Hardly blame Clark for pushing that narrative if he's making public utterances designed to get support from other chairmen.

There is about 30 minutes worth of interviews with Clark on our website if you want to see his thinking in full.

Edited by renton

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No wed vote for the proposal that suited falkirk  but I'd hope we wouldnt then paint it as some kind of vote for scottish football. It's not the fact that he's voting for raiths interests here it's the fact that hes pretending hes doing it for scottish football and nowt else.

So are Raith on your boycott list?

Just now, renton said:

I'm not naive at all. I have consistently recognised that self interest plays a role in Rovers decision making. That self interest extends beyond our potential promotion to releasing money that will keep us solvent. In that aspect we are no different from many other clubs. You are absolutely certain that out club are pursuing this resolution because of the promotion benefits to the exclusion of all else. Whereas the more complex reality is that we probably do want and need that money sooner than later and that consideration would play a bigger role for us were we sitting second than it obviously does for your club sitting second. Hardly blame Clark for pushing that narrative if he's making public utterances designed to get support from other chairmen.

You can hardly blame others then for having a good laugh at him trying to pretend hes scottish footballs saviour. Hes not the only one though. Queens have come out with the same shite when it's all about them being clear of any chance of going down.

Clarke is trying to pretend its 1. Scottish football 2. Raith when it's very much 1. Raith  15. Scottish football.

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

So are Raith on your boycott list?

I'm actually more likely to give up on the spfl leagues altogether to be honest and start watching the  east of scotland or that. This has just emphasised how much of a complete shit show the spfl is from top to bottom.

The Record is an absolute rag, but I dont see the final votes varying too much from that.  Main issue is relegation - which makes sense - and I can imagine a second version of this with 2 up and no relegation that would breeze its way through.
The only one where you could really doubt would be Dumbarton.  Fucking hell, Jim Duffy :lol:

I don’t get the jump to just put second up too. Why just ignore the play offs? Second doesn’t give you anything at the end of a season let alone in one that can’t be finished. I’d hope Airdrie, Montrose and East Fife would vote no in our division.

I'm actually more likely to give up on the spfl leagues altogether to be honest and start watching the  east of scotland or that. This has just emphasised how much of a complete shit show the spfl is from top to bottom.

What if the East of Scotland leagues promote teams without the season completing?

The SPFL is a members run organisation. Members will decide what happens. It’ll be interesting to see your take when this fails today and Falkirk back promoting themselves under the guise of their ‘long term goal’ of reconstruction.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can hardly blame others then for having a good laugh at him trying to pretend hes scottish footballs saviour. Hes not the only one though. Queens have come out with the same shite when it's all about them being clear of any chance of going down.

Clarke is trying to pretend its 1. Scottish football 2. Raith when it's very much 1. Raith  15. Scottish football.

Have Falkirk stated their reasons for voting no?

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The only option he thought was unacceptable was the one that didn't promote Raith. 

You were potentially 8 games away from chucking the title and ending in the play offs again but no Raith fan seems to consider that outcome. Ah so it's unfair on Raith as they might have to cut budgets again if they stay in League 1 for another season? At least we're getting to the real reason.

You're absolutely rattled by the concept that people have an interest to see their football club not suffering which is rather bizarre.

Feel free to point out at any quotes where any Rovers fan has said the title was in the bag or hasn't considered that we might not win the league - pretty much all of our fans have been enjoying the first season in years where the players, fans and board have all  been united as one.  There were plenty of our fans questioning how we'd get on with trips away to places like Peterhead and Montrose in the final eight games with a lot of speculation it could come down to the final day. 

Everyone is perfectly clear that the current situation is 100% favourable to ourselves but given the circumstances we're top on merit at the moment.  Every single fan would ideally want for the final 8 games to be played out but that isn't going to happen given nobody has a clue when the number of cases will drop. I've said it before but any football fan would love to watch their players celebrating on the pitch with a title and being in the stand with their friends but this just isn't realistic given the pandemic.

I'm not sure what else you'd expect any Rovers fan to say in this situation?