The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That `no football til August` story is weird.  It's obvious this situation could, and probably will go on a while.  But even if the restrictions are lifted on June 10, how does that mean there'd be no games til August? Even with the 6 weeks they recommend for training, which has been disputed as far too long a time frame anyway, it'd only take them up til 22 July.

I agree with this. I think the 6 weeks is a load of nonsense, and even if the PFA push for it I think the clubs will likely tell them to f**k off. English clubs are still planning to play games in June, which suggests that there may be a further loosening of the rules before then, and that training may be possible before 10th June even if some other activities and gatherings are not.

I've only scanned this thread, so apologies if it's been said before but....

Why are The Rangers and their fans not absolutely delighted at the top league ending now and Celtic being crowned champions?

They've absolutely ZERO chance of catching them, and at least this way they can always say that 9+ in a row was 'tainted'.

Just not getting it.  Unless their rage is faux of course.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I've only scanned this thread, so apologies if it's been said before but....

Why are The Rangers and their fans not absolutely delighted at the top league ending now and Celtic being crowned champions?

They've absolutely ZERO chance of catching them, and at least this way they can always say that 9+ in a row was 'tainted'.

Just not getting it.  Unless their rage is faux of course.

Because there's an oddball train of thought that pervades among them that if the season is declared null and void Celtic win f**k all and go back to zero titles in a row rather than eight.

4 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Because there's an oddball train of thought that pervades among them that if the season is declared null and void Celtic win f**k all and go back to zero titles in a row rather than eight.

Ah! I didn't realise they wanted it null and void; I thought they wanted to complete it. Makes sense now.

Though the reset to 0 is beyond parody 😀😀😀

8 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

They would stay on 8, I've seen posts like that on here but not from Gers fans.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

No it isn't.

I'm unsure if you argue for the sake of it or if you are badly informed?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/part/3/made

5.—(1) Except to the extent that a defence would be available under regulation 8(4), during the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living.

There is provision in 8(4) that is quite lengthy so I'll let you read it on the site rather than quote here, but it essentially relies on you giving an "acceptable" excuse for you being out. While that could easily be "I'm going to the shops to get food". The problem then is it's down to the officer's discretion whether they believe you or not.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

That `no football til August` story is weird.  It's obvious this situation could, and probably will go on a while.  But even if the restrictions are lifted on June 10, how does that mean there'd be no games til August? Even with the 6 weeks they recommend for training, which has been disputed as far too long a time frame anyway, it'd only take them up til 22 July.

What happens if a player from 1 of the teams gets the virus in July or even August? The ‘great’ plans made in April are in tatters with games off left, right and centre.

The rest of the squad and coaching staff etc have to go into isolation for 2 weeks.

There’s a very good reason why most people are saying end this season now and see in the summer what can be salvaged of the next.

There are a lot of people in sport looking at contingency plans if there can’t be spectators at sport for the rest of 2020.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

They would stay on 8, I've seen posts like that on here but not from Gers fans.

I'm afraid if the Scottish football authorities and UEFA recognised the title you would have to abide by that.

That's how it work's, isn't it?

4 minutes ago, big al said:

What happens if a player from 1 of the teams gets the virus in July or even August? The ‘great’ plans made in April are in tatters with games off left, right and centre.

The rest of the squad and coaching staff etc have to go into isolation for 2 weeks.

There’s a very good reason why most people are saying end this season now and see in the summer what can be salvaged of the next.

There are a lot of people in sport looking at contingency plans if there can’t be spectators at sport for the rest of 2020.

They can do private tests at £300 quid a pop.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

They can do private tests at £300 quid a pop.

And do what, test them every day before they get in to training? 
20-30 (more than that for some clubs) people at £300 a head. 9 grand a day. 
Good plan.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

And do what, test them every day before they get in to training? 
20-30 (more than that for some clubs) people at £300 a head. 9 grand a day. 
Good plan.

It's almost like you don't want a solution? For some reason.

I've never seen a smoking water pistol before but this is exactly as I would imagine it. FFS that is utterly pathetic, cringeworthy stuff.

The impartial chairman of the spfl, who is also employed by two senior celtic shareholders. 

Ibrox chairman Douglas Park has demanded Murdoch MacLennan refutes allegations of an anti-Rangers bias.
The motor tycoon has no faith in the SPFL chairman overseeing an internal investigation into the resolution controversy that has plunged the game into a bitter civil war.

Hampden sources have revealed Park, who replaced Dave King as Ibrox chairman last month, has written to MacLennan insisting he clarify his stance on an article in Private Eye.
The satirical magazine claimed MacLennan “hates” Rangers and has a “loathing” for the club and quoted him as saying: “Ah cannae stand the b******s
It’s understood Park wrote to MacLennan earlier this week, in response to a letter from the SPFL’s figurehead on Saturday night that demanded Rangers produce their evidence to justify calls to suspend Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie.
Close

Park has replied and part of his letter asks MacLennan flat out about the Private Eye article.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

At some point in June loanees return to their parent Clubs, some players go to new Clubs on their pre-contracts and many Clubs will have few or even no players on their books (Dumbarton and Stranraer for example). So the League must finish before the end of June which has no chance.

What's the difference between that happening in say early August during the last few games of the 19/20 season and in early August during the first few games of the 20/21 season?

37 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm unsure if you argue for the sake of it or if you are badly informed?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2020/103/part/3/made

5.—(1) Except to the extent that a defence would be available under regulation 8(4), during the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living.

There is provision in 8(4) that is quite lengthy so I'll let you read it on the site rather than quote here, but it essentially relies on you giving an "acceptable" excuse for you being out. While that could easily be "I'm going to the shops to get food". The problem then is it's down to the officer's discretion whether they believe you or not.

You've argued against your own post again, people can go out and are not " being huckled off to jail" as you previously claimed. 

I've seen a fair few morons post on here but you take the biscuit. 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The impartial chairman of the spfl, who is also employed by two senior celtic shareholders. 

Ibrox chairman Douglas Park has demanded Murdoch MacLennan refutes allegations of an anti-Rangers bias.
The motor tycoon has no faith in the SPFL chairman overseeing an internal investigation into the resolution controversy that has plunged the game into a bitter civil war.

Hampden sources have revealed Park, who replaced Dave King as Ibrox chairman last month, has written to MacLennan insisting he clarify his stance on an article in Private Eye.
The satirical magazine claimed MacLennan “hates” Rangers and has a “loathing” for the club and quoted him as saying: “Ah cannae stand the b******s

It’s understood Park wrote to MacLennan earlier this week, in response to a letter from the SPFL’s figurehead on Saturday night that demanded Rangers produce their evidence to justify calls to suspend Neil Doncaster and Rod McKenzie.
Close

Park has replied and part of his letter asks MacLennan flat out about the Private Eye article.

How exactly does he 'refute allegations of an anti-Rangers bias'?  Would a simple 'I don't hate Rangers' statement be enough?  Or would he have to prove that he can sing a couple of verses of The Sash while keeping time on his Lambeg drum?

How exactly does he 'refute allegations of an anti-Rangers bias'?  Would a simple 'I don't hate Rangers' statement be enough?  Or would he have to prove that he can sing a couple of verses of The Sash while keeping time on his Lambeg drum?
It's just another dog whistle as they don't have any "evidence". As you can see from Bennett's posts it's worked a treat.