The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

The story is that the SPFL is pointing out that playing the rest of the league is unfeasible.

And it looks like this was announced to the clubs last week.  It's only news to us punters.

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What Inverness are bleating about, I have no idea, but yes, it does seem to be two teams with relegation all but inevitable that are trying to prevent relegation.

I can see why a supporter of the only team with worse form that Hearts might come out with that. But it is nonsense. It is particularly nonsense in relation to Partick

23 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Aye just incompetence. That conveniently meant they produced a misleading board paper that just happened to suit the “independent” Chairman and lawyers team? Luckily, it suited Accies’ and Well’s board members at this precise time. Brechin’s vote needed something a little more brazen though. The key deceit was persuade the teams that money was tied to a yes vote. You might be a trusting soul Sgt, but in my opinion, the members should now question every single utterance that comes from the Ch Exec, Chairman and lawyer.

How can you take that I'm "trusting" in anything that I've written? I've very little trust in either the SPFL or the clubs. For the last time. Thistle have asked a lawyer to consider the action taken and express a view on their interpretation of the SPFL rules and the law. Another lawyer for the SPFL will probably take a different view.

Just now, Ric said:

Ooft.

Anyone with any basic sense of comprehension would understand that post. The SPFL quite obviously cannot know right now that football won't be played until August, almost four months away, when even government advice is not looking beyond June. They may turn out to be right, but that would not make it any less true that their current decision is a complete guess.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Wonder what this will mean for European competitions.  Scottish clubs usually get involved from mid-July.

UEFA have already, weeks ago, announced an extension of the current season until at least the end of July, but possibly later.

38 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:
54 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Incompetence, but we don't know that yet. They have taken action that Thistle think can be challenged, hence they got a lawyer to draw up the details of how they see the case. 

The SPFL might realise they're cocked up and try to fix it, or they might get their own layers to defend their position.

Aye just incompetence. That conveniently meant they produced a misleading board paper that just happened to suit the “independent” Chairman and lawyers team? Luckily, it suited Accies’ and Well’s board members at this precise time. Brechin’s vote needed something a little more brazen though. The key deceit was persuade the teams that money was tied to a yes vote. You might be a trusting soul Sgt, but in my opinion, the members should now question every single utterance that comes from the Ch Exec, Chairman and lawyer.

Of course EVERYONE else is lying...............BUT we should trust Hearts?.................Aye that's right!

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Anyone with any basic sense of comprehension would understand that post. The SPFL quite obviously cannot know right now that football won't be played until August, almost four months away, when even government advice is not looking beyond June. They may turn out to be right, but that would not make it any less true that their current decision is a complete guess.

"Y so serious"

I was just joshing. You've been quick to point out my "loose language" in the past. Just returning the favour.. ;)

Although I am tempted to green dot you for such a condescending first sentence. It really is a work of art.

Edited by Ric

58 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Another SPFL meeting at 1700 tonight in the hope Dundee will have made a decision by then.

Until then folks.. have a nice day

A couple of nights ago you informed everyone that Dundee were definitely voting yes and then went to full celebration mode....

Believing Keith Jackson, one day you'll eventually learn.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How can you take that I'm "trusting" in anything that I've written? I've very little trust in either the SPFL or the clubs. For the last time. Thistle have asked a lawyer to consider the action taken and express a view on their interpretation of the SPFL rules and the law. Another lawyer for the SPFL will probably take a different view.

Okay - strike the reference to you being a trusting soul. Tbh I'm usually in the cock-up rather than conspiracy camp. And I understand that anyone can always get an alternative legal opinion. But when a wee group produce what is being described as a challengeable, "misleading" board paper and then entertain some vote shenanigans to try to get it over the line - for a decision that suits some of that wee group then, I'm sorry, but I lean towards the cynics camp.

I now fully expect a flurry of deflecting announcements from the SPFL (e.g. investigating emailgate or no football till Aug - duh!)  to divert everybody's attention from the actions of the Ch Ex, Chair and lawyer.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The payment of prize money IS tied to the league positions being final. Anything else is a loan or an advance or something else. You can argue that they could have been more creative or imaginative in how they got clubs paid, but what they proposed was not wrong under the league rules.

Hearts are being given the opportunity to play their remaining games if possible...their League position is therefore not final...Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County could finish in the automatic relegation spot or escape the risk of a play-off game...on what basis is the prize money being paid out?

7 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

Of course EVERYONE else is lying...............BUT we should trust Hearts?.................Aye that's right!

No. And if there were Jambos as the chair, lawyer, maybe non-exec too,  and you were presented with a board paper saying the only solution and the only way to get money to the clubs is  cancel relegation, then yes, you would be right engage your brain and question if that was in fact the case

6 minutes ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

Hearts are being given the opportunity to play their remaining games if possible...their League position is therefore not final...Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County could finish in the automatic relegation spot or escape the risk of a play-off game...on what basis is the prize money being paid out?

Prize money wouldn't be getting paid out for top flight clubs, only for those in the lower leagues, under this proposal.

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They got paid the 12th place prize money in advance, and nobody has argued that this isn't a possibility for every club. But that would still leave most clubs still due a big chunk.

I wasnt meaning anything by it, was just genuinely curious as I'd forgotten.

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

A couple of nights ago you informed everyone that Dundee were definitely voting yes and then went to full celebration mode....

Believing Keith Jackson, one day you'll eventually learn.

More lies Vicky. You're a pathological liar.

Edited by Bohemian

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They got paid the 12th place prize money in advance, and nobody has argued that this isn't a possibility for every club. But that would still leave most clubs still due a big chunk.

I wasnt meaning anything by it, was just genuinely curious as I'd forgotten.

New Dundee statement out, still nothing that exciting. No direct yes or no. They are wanting a working group put together immediately to discuss reconstruction, but as I read it they are doing so independently of the SPFL. If clubs are relegated then they have member clubs prepared to provide support in numerous ways.

We’ve had a few clubs come out and support reconstruction but there’s still not been any clear appetite for it from many of the clubs in the top league that I’ve read. I wonder how they are planning to gain the votes required in the Premiership. Is a Championship/League One/League Two reconstruction possible without the Premiership changing? 

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

New Dundee statement out, still nothing that exciting. No direct yes or no. They are wanting a working group put together immediately to discuss reconstruction, but as I read it they are doing so independently of the SPFL. If clubs are relegated then they have member clubs prepared to provide support in numerous ways.

We’ve had a few clubs come out and support reconstruction but there’s still not been any clear appetite for it from many of the clubs in the top league that I’ve read. I wonder how they are planning to gain the votes required in the Premiership. Is a Championship/League One/League Two reconstruction possible without the Premiership changing? 

It won't get past the Premiership vote.