Ground improvement/works thread

11 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I'll take that re Bonnyton, it is not at the level of Petershill and the New Kirkintilloch Arena. I do believe it is a good example of how a cage facility can be adapted for semi-pro usage though.

Definitely, better than for example Inverkeithing at Dalgety Sports Centre and all the cages around that cannot be upgraded.

Agree with @Parkranger that the Synergy is fine for the level and crowds Bonnyton get, but at least there is scope to upgrade with the layout there.

I cant really comment on MTC have not been since Gartcairn took it over. But do remember it as a youth coach when I lived in Nth. Lanarkshire and would say Bonnytons Synergy is superior from a paying public perspective.

Have attended probably most of the cages being utilised by the new wave of ammie and youth clubs, in the beginning I didn't mind their lack of anything. But I do agree now the WOSFL has errored in allowing the new clubs in without a proper plan.

Have been at a few games between established clubs and the newbies. With the increased attendance, was not an overly enjoyable viewing experience.

My most visited west ground is Meadow Park in Castle Douglas. As good a facility as any in non-league. 

No problem with basic cages as long as they ain't looking for money to enter.

Edited by PossilYM

• 2 weeks later...

How many teams are currently homeless out of Petershill park. 3 or 4 ? 

Let's hope all these teams are back in for September or will be a backlog of home games building up. 

1 hour ago, Parkranger said:

Let's hope all these teams are back in for September or will be a backlog of home games building up. 

More the reason to ban ground sharing, other than to allow teams to spend more money on wages where is the benefit to ground sharing. Surely better building you clubs identity and setting down roots for the future. 

3 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

More the reason to ban ground sharing, other than to allow teams to spend more money on wages where is the benefit to ground sharing. Surely better building you clubs identity and setting down roots for the future. 

I swore I wouldn't interact with you regarding groundshare, but here I am.

Can you let us all know where are all these individual grounds going to be situated.

I am struggling to think of any council that will give carte blanche planning permission for all of the grounds, grass only of course, that will be required for every single team in the country.

Whatever you stance on grass, plastic, cages; one ground per team is impractical in modern day Scitland.

4 hours ago, leaguereformer said:

You are talking about teams in the same grade of football who both play on a Saturday. 

Petershill and other stadiums like this will have youth team playing on Friday night.  Woman and Mr girls team playing on the Sunday also.  Would you ban these arrangements also? 

11 hours ago, Parkranger said:

Partick Thistle women aren't building up a backlog of fixtures, they are playing their home games elsewhere.  They were supposed to play Glasgow City at Lochburn but that has now been moved to Kirky.

8 hours ago, clansman said:

Good thing they will all be playing at a ground which is astro and has floodlights with months of midweeks to catch up.

Not to mention multiple blank Saturdays, we only have 3 scheduled fixtures in November and December at the moment, and are already out of 2 cups.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Partick Thistle women aren't building up a backlog of fixtures, they are playing their home games elsewhere.  They were supposed to play Glasgow City at Lochburn but that has now been moved to Kirky.

Not to mention multiple blank Saturdays, we only have 3 scheduled fixtures in November and December at the moment, and are already out of 2 cups.

What was the script with peasy’s old park? Did they sell the land and the council built the new ground and sold it to thistle or what? 

4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What was the script with peasy’s old park? Did they sell the land and the council built the new ground and sold it to thistle or what? 

Council still own it, Partick Thistle Community Trust lease it from the council.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shotts was postponed, so first visit to Rob Roy. Very impressive, a bit of covered standing is all that's needed for those who prefer it. A wee bit expensive at the stalls, but the pie was good.

Hopefully they get social club in soon and maybe small covered terrace area in time. 

Average home attendance almost 500 for first four home games in 1st division. 

For sure a club who have a good fan base now back home especially if they get it right on the park which will take some time given the situation the club have been in and the transition back home into a new stadium. 

Edited by Parkranger

4 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Hopefully they get social club in soon and maybe small covered terrace area in time. 

Average home attendance almost 500 for first four home games in 1st division. 

For sure a club who have a good fan base now back home especially if they get it right on the park which will take some time given the situation the club have been in and the transition back home into a new stadium. 

On the way out I seen what seemed to be a bar in the main building. Might just be for committees and hospitality though. It looked big enough to let the public in.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

On the way out I seen what seemed to be a bar in the main building. Might just be for committees and hospitality though. It looked big enough to let the public in.

That will have been for paid hospitality.

They also  have plans for a supporters social club In pre fabs in the space next to pavilion. 

4 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

That will have been for paid hospitality.

They also  have plans for a supporters social club In pre fabs in the space next to pavilion. 

Good, I'll make a day of it when they do. I doubt today will be the last Shotts will be postponed.