League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Stop misrepresenting my argument, it is both intellectually bankrupt and quite childish to do so.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Wrong. Why is it you quote people, yet don't bother to actually read what they said?

Why is it, in a league reconstruction thread do you continue to ignore the fact we are talking about league reconstruction?

The more mischievous amongst us may even suggest you are intentionally doing both of these things.

I have given you multiple opportunities to answer a yes/no question. I don't know what else you want.

You quite clearly apply a different standard to your own club.

That's up to you.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No, because:

1) I'm acknowledging the hypothetical hypocrisy, which you are accusing others of while failing to do yourself.

2) we've earned the right to take this position by not being rock bottom of the league when play was stopped. There is still a strong element of meritocracy running through this issue.

3) if we were club X then we'd be getting bombed out of here so hard regardless of the moaning we would be doing.

So no, I don't see a problem with it. Get the f**k down.

1) That's an ethically indefensible position. Don't know where to start with that. You're basically saying 'I'm wrong, but ...'

2)  True. But what about if this had happened exactly a year before. If we deserve to be relegated now, then St Mirren should be coming down with us as they also had the sheer gall to be bottom of the league after 30 games. It's a logically indefensible view to take.

3) No idea what that means.

Basically, you're just shouting and making no sense at all. If anything, you're contradicting yourself.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Ric said:

CXEuWZY.gif

I'm not sure how many times you are going to refuse to answer the same question.

I'm afraid you go onto the Green Day 'remember to ignore' list.

So, let's nip this in the bud.

Is anyone here annoyed that Hearts are making a strong case in order to cover for their season of failure?

No? Nah, didn't think so. We all agree any of our clubs would do the same.

Are most people just laughing at the painfully transparent way Budge is trying to shoehorn a temporary league reconstruction and threatening legal action if she doesn't get it?

Yeah, I thought so.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

We might stay up, we might go down.

I think all Hearts supporters have accepted that we're going down, indeed a lot of my friends at home are right up for the Championship away days.

We now have the added bonus of being able to watch with serenity while the Hibs lads hit full panic stations at the prospect of Hearts being kept up by reconstruction.

It might happen, it might not happen. None of us have any idea what's going on behind the scenes. The utter meltdown we'll get from some if it does happen will be absolutely sensational. Hankies at the ready.

Did you get those hankies at the ready?

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I'm not sure how many times you are going to refuse to answer the same question.

I'm afraid you go onto the Green Day 'remember to ignore' list.

I've answered the question, you simply don't accept the answer. Are you a Trump supporter by chance?

14 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

You're saying basically that your club would be making the same argument in the same situation, but you're deciding to f**k Club X because we'd do what you're doing in this situation.

Our club would not be pushing for temporary reconstruction.

Would we ask the question of permanent restructuring? Or course. We'd have got told no, had a moan and that would have been the end of it, down you go, off you f**k, see you whenever.

No-one, no-one at all would have been saying 'Oh hang on, that's a shame for SMFC, or Ross County, Accies, St. Johnstone or whoever was bottom after 30 games, lets all share the financial burden of them being fucking shite all season', pandemic or no pandemic.

The difference is though, that any of the aforementioned clubs, we'd take the hit and drop the league eventually....why? Because we can afford to cut our cloth...we are all financially sound enough that yeah, it would be very painful but we'd go with squads of far lesser quality and number going forward, regardless of where it has to take us. Hearts though have massively overspent in relative terms of their pathetic underperformance, the furlough money isn't even going to make any worthy dent in offsetting player wages and now they are stuck with a completely unsustainable wage bill and scrambling for a way out of having to go down.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

If we deserve to be relegated now, then St Mirren should be coming down with us as they also had the sheer gall to be bottom of the league after 30 games. It's a logically indefensible view to take.

😂

That is special, I'll give you that.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've answered the question, you simply don't accept the answer. Are you a Trump supporter by chance?

I'm afraid you have obfuscated and dodged.

You have made a fuss about one club operating in a certain way, while accepting tacitly that your club would do the same. Despite being given repeated opportunities to do so, you've never mentioned that you would object to this,

You're a Green Day. You're a Matt McGlone.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I'm afraid you have obfuscated and dodged.

You have made a fuss about one club operating in a certain way, while accepting tacitly that your club would do the same. Despite being given repeated opportunities to do so, you've never mentioned that you would object to this,

You're a Green Day. You're a Matt McGlone.

Stop lying ffs. In the end you are just lying to yourself.

7 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

2)  True. But what about if this had happened exactly a year before. If we deserve to be relegated now, then St Mirren should be coming down with us as they also had the sheer gall to be bottom of the league after 30 games. It's a logically indefensible view to take.

That is fucking delicious.

Give me more of this content please.:lol:

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Our club would not be pushing for temporary reconstruction.

Would we ask the question of permanent restructuring? Or course. We'd have got told no, had a moan and that would have been the end of it, down you go, off you f**k, see you whenever.

No-one, no-one at all would have been saying 'Oh hang on, that's a shame for SMFC, or Ross County, Accies, St. Johnstone or whoever, lets all share the financial burden of them being fucking shite all season', pandemic or no pandemic.

The difference is though, that any of the aforementioned clubs, we'd take the hit and drop the league eventually....why? Because we can afford to cut our cloth...we are all financially sound enough that yeah, it would be very painful but we'd go with squads of far lesser quality and number going forward, regardless of where it has to take us. Hearts though have massively overspent in relative terms of their pathetic underperformance, the furlough money isn't even going to make any worthy dent in offsetting player wages and now they are stuck with a completely unsustainable wage bill and scrambling for a way out of having to go down.

This is a new take on it.

Basically, this post is small club chip-on-the-shoulder stuff. Cut and dried.

The highlighted post is completely irrelevant. You might as well say 'I think Hearts should go down because I don't like them'.

I asked the question recently and had no answer. How many supporters turns a stupid club into an arrogant one?

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Stop lying ffs. In the end you are just lying to yourself.

I don't know how many times I asked you the same question.

If anything, you are using Trump tactics of just saying black is white.

I asked you a very specific question, allowing you a simple yes or no answer, but all you had was obfuscation.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I don't know how many times I asked you the same question.

If anything, you are using Trump tactics of just saying black is white.

I asked you a very specific question, allowing you a simple yes or no answer, but all you had was obfuscation.

And I've replied to you, it's not my fault you have failed to read that comment and just gone on a massive "heid's gone" quote rant.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Ric said:

And I've replied to you, it's not my fault you have failed to read that comment and just gone on a massive "heid's gone" quote rant.

This is simply untrue.

I asked you a specific question.

You responded with replies mainly clouding the issue and one post that went very specific in insisting that St Mirren would not have done what Hearts have done.

But it didn't answer my question. We both know that.

My question to you all along has been very simple and you've just skipped around it. This will earn you likes from some of the more simple posters on here, but it makes you a waste of time to have a discussion with.

8 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

1) That's an ethically indefensible position. Don't know where to start with that. You're basically saying 'I'm wrong, but ...'

Serious response to that, though, because for some reason I'm determined to make you see this: you keep throwing out hypothetical situations with the express aim of proving that we're being hypocritical about this. You're banging on about last season, or if we'd finished bottom, or whatever.

I'm admitting that yes, we would be complaining if we were in your situation. (Though as DJC has pointed out, if we did have the gall to suggest temp reconstruction, it would be treated with the contempt it deserves.)

My point there is that you are being equally hypocritical because you would have no interest in any of this if you were above us in the league. However, unlike us, you're failing to admit to that hypocrisy because doing so would sink your 'fairness' argument utterly stone dead.

That's not 'indefensible': that's playing you at your own batshit mental game of hypotheses and winning.