League Reconstruction 20/21 season

14 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Now that was a bad move mi amigo,Using that as a negative when you expect the same from other countries to help our talent develop, you can't have it both ways.

I don't expect them to do us a favour, the development would only come from it being mutually beneficial. In other words players good enough for their teams, that's the issue we face and the challenge to overcome.

That's where colts differ, it is not mutually beneficial, it only furthers two clubs at the determent to practically all others. 

52 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

I don't expect them to do us a favour, the development would only come from it being mutually beneficial. In other words players good enough for their teams, that's the issue we face and the challenge to overcome.

That's where colts differ, it is not mutually beneficial, it only furthers two clubs at the determent to practically all others. 

This is the core point that is completely missed by the media.  We can all see what benefit Rangers and Celtic would potentially get from this if it works. However, even if it does miraculously transform the fortunes of the national team, or lead to untold riches for the smaller clubs, that isn't why I or others go and watch lower league football. 

I don't think the average football fan, especially at lower league level, cares enough about the overall national game to detriment the product they invest most of their time and money in.  And nor should they.  The game at that level does not exist to make the bigger teams better in the long run.  

Edited by CALDERON

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

This is the core point that is completely missed by the media.  We can all see what benefit Rangers and Celtic would potentially get from this if it works. However, even if it does miraculously transform the fortunes of the national team, or lead to untold riches for the smaller clubs, that isn't why I or others go and watch lower league football. 

I don't think the average football fan, especially at lower league level, cares enough about the overall national game to detriment the product they invest most of their time and money in.  And nor should they.  The game at that level does not exist to make the bigger teams better in the long run.  

Does your team not benefit from having and then getting Regan Hendry?
It doesn't matter where the player gets his wages from he finds his level plus having a good education at a young age.

2 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

Why should they? They have their own young talent to produce it's up to us to do the same.
The mutual beneficial part is Jamie McCart to St Johnstone,Lindsay to Ross county,Thomson to Dunfermline,Hendry to Raith. We can't determine where these players will end up in their careers.

With legal action underway and the clubs involved staying silent as a result, you'd have thought the entertainment of club statements and chairs or CEOs furiously denouncing each other in the press was now sadly at an end.

Step forward Falkirk FC. The state of this :lol:https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/26/gary-deans-interview/

A selection of my favourite quotes:

'Are Falkirk the forgotten victims in all of this? That’s how it feels.'

'My real disappointment is that when they called the season early, they also cancelled the play-offs. Look at England, they are now playing the play-offs. Other countries are managing to do it as well.

So, without having too much of a chip on our shoulder, once again Falkirk feel like the victims.'

‘I know there have been rumours of fans boycotting certain clubs and I thought maybe I’ll boycott the odd club that has said the odd thing — and I’ll not name them.

‘But then I thought: “Would I rather turn up and see them get humiliated?”. Yes, I would. If I am sitting in the stand and we are winning 5-0 then that’s going to give me a better feeling than sitting in the house and nursing my grievances.

‘I don’t want to see any team suffer financially. But I would like to see them suffer (on the park) because Falkirk are giving them a hiding.'

FBBB443E-B9F8-4691-9E7E-6CBB5AB06B7D.gif.2ab1e68c069997b37efdb629a30191df.gif

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

With legal action underway and the clubs involved staying silent as a result, you'd have thought the entertainment of club statements and chairs or CEOs furiously denouncing each other in the press was now sadly at an end.

Step forward Falkirk FC. The state of this :lol:https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/26/gary-deans-interview/

As " A FORMER partner with accountancy giant KPMG and a business advisor for over 30 years", Gary Deans should be more than capable of writing something a bit more coherent than this pish - and he cant hide behind the fact its a newspaper article as the worst parts are direct quotes.

What a fanny.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why should they? They have their own young talent to produce it's up to us to do the same.
The mutual beneficial part is Jamie McCart to St Johnstone,Lindsay to Ross county,Thomson to Dunfermline,Hendry to Raith. We can't determine where these players will end up in their careers.

They shouldn't, have you misunderstood what I've said? the issue is we need Scotland to be producing young, quality talent that they want in their teams. No one is asking bigger teams to take our youngsters and hope they develop. It's about making them attractive to bigger clubs based on their quality. More Gilmour's, Robertson's, Mctominey's are needed. 

It's a pretty safe bet they won't likely end up far superior to what Scotland for the most part has now, which is what we need. That mutually beneficial part is fine, it doesn't point to the need for colts because it stops being mutually beneficial for the multiple reasons I've given you. Not least of all, thousands of fans walking away from Scottish football. 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

FBBB443E-B9F8-4691-9E7E-6CBB5AB06B7D.gif.2ab1e68c069997b37efdb629a30191df.gif

Holy shit. I can't believe that's real.