League Reconstruction 20/21 season

26 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Not when they begin the tournament with a Premiership one no. Obviously. When folk are now saying it's perfectly OK to finish the Scottish cup the following season when one team has been massively weakened in part by the voting actions of the other 3 teams left in then there's no hope. I'm out.

Because it's impossible to win the Scottish Cup as a Championship club, of course.

Hibs-v-Rangers-Scottish-Cup-Final.jpg

44 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Like we've all got normal active lives right now 😄 As someone who has paid into FoH from the start and who has long believed Scottish football governance needs a complete overhaul I'm very invested in this. I'll be off soon. I genuinely am surprised at the support for the SPFL over this. no surprise from fans of clubs who have gained from the deicison-making, but genuinely surprised about fans of some other clubs not affected or like Falkirk who were going for a title. Each to their own.

We can see the bigger picture and are quite simply better people than Hearts fans. That about sums it up I think.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Choosing not to donate towards the legal fees incurred by other clubs is seen as not paying your way?

Strange take. 

Your club would be paying a bigger share of the £10 million than nearly every other club if Hearts win.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Your club would be paying a bigger share of the £10 million than nearly every other club if Hearts win.

I don’t profess to be clued up in the legalities of this but feel free to indulge me and explain why.

However, my original point stands: I’m not sure how choosing not to donate towards legal fees incurred by other clubs can be seen as “not paying your way”.

Edited by AJF

Sunday's sports press reports Dundee United agree to pay £120k compensation to Tranmere for Micky Mellon.

Now Dundee United hold out the begging bowl to Scottish football rivals to help fund their legal costs. Seriously asking the likes of Albion Rovers to hand over a grand ?

Can't see it happening. Shameless IMO.

9 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Because it's impossible to win the Scottish Cup as a Championship club, of course.

Hibs-v-Rangers-Scottish-Cup-Final.jpg

A colour photo too, you big show off. :o

Sunday's sports press reports Dundee United agree to pay £120k compensation to Tranmere for Micky Mellon.
Now Dundee United hold out the begging bowl to Scottish football rivals to help fund their legal costs. Seriously asking the likes of Albion Rovers to hand over a grand ?

You can’t believe the Sunday Sport... they once found a b52 bomber on the moon [emoji23]

23 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, Sevco are well known for not paying their way.

If only someone had previously offered to pay for an independent enquiry........

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

If only someone had previously offered to pay for an independent enquiry........

You didn't have to pay that, so you can donate it to United...

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t profess to be clued up in the legalities of this but feel free to indulge me and explain why.

However, my original point stands: I’m not sure how choosing not to donate towards legal fees incurred by other clubs can be seen as “not paying your way”.

Hearts are suing the SPFL which are the 42 clubs. If they win the £10 million to be paid out would be divvied up in the same proportions as the prize money, afaik. It's in your interests that the 3 named clubs and the SPFL mount a strong defence.

45 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Not when they begin the tournament with a Premiership one no. Obviously. When folk are now saying it's perfectly OK to finish the Scottish cup the following season when one team has been massively weakened in part by the voting actions of the other 3 teams left in then there's no hope. I'm out.

If your team is massively weaker than last season you'll  be lucky to avoid relegation to L1.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hearts are suing the SPFL which are the 42 clubs. If they win the £10 million to be paid out would be divvied up in the same proportions as the prize money, afaik. It's in your interests that the 3 named clubs and the SPFL mount a strong defence.

I see, thanks for explaining.

I’m not convinced this potential liability would be enough to convince Rangers to support the SPFL’s defence given they’d like to see a complete overhaul of the organisation.

Has anyone pointed out to waistcoatwilly that one of the leagues affected by playoffs - the Premiership - is meant to start before the end of his proposed playoff idea?

Another numptie that thinks time travel is possible.

Premier wasn’t included.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I see, thanks for explaining.

I’m not convinced this potential liability would be enough to convince Rangers to support the SPFL’s defence given they’d like to see a complete overhaul of the organisation.

TBF the case has f**k all to do with sevco 

6 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

TBF the case has f**k all to do with sevco 

I never once said it did - this conversation stemmed from me questioning why choosing not to donate to another clubs legal costs was considered Rangers not paying our way.

Then I gave an opinion as to why I don't believe Rangers will donate in this scenario. You're seeing something that isn't there.

2 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

It would be beautiful if the donations that Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove were asking clubs to pledge came from the money James Anderson funded and helped sink Hearts.

I think that would tip Hearts fans over the edge haha.

A counter to that might be the argument that this legal case is something completely unaccounted for and it unfortunately coincides with Neilson leaving. By losing our manager we needed to act in the interests of the club to get someone we believe will be the right appointment for the club. If we put everything on hold, didn’t appoint and then started taking cash out of the staffing budget to fund this legal case it would mean we are then in a weaker position on the pitch and as a club. Trying to generate an alternative cash injection for lawyers is important but there is no easy answer as to how to do that if Ogren or wealthy individuals don’t want to fund it themselves. Our Foundation could have helped with this but they have already donated a large sum of money this summer.

It’s absolutely not a great look when we are spending a fee for a manager and I totally understand that people will see this as shitebag behaviour but what is the alternative? We employ a weaker candidate as manager based on them being ‘free’? That could be a disaster (of course, every managerial appointment is a gamble).

This isn’t anyone’s ‘fault’ and unfortunately we have been caught in an lose/lose scenario with regards to how we try to fund the legal case whilst also trying to appoint a manager and deal with a loss of revenue that all clubs have suffered with.

Edit - I should also say that the idea of United, Cove and Raith asking other clubs for money, especially when clubs are all struggling doesn’t sit well with me, but as I mention in my post, it’s a terrible scenario with no real answer as to how it is best funded.