League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Football stadiums are not built with social distancing in mind - you could get away with it in terms of reducing seating capacity, but concourses, toilets etc will make this incredibly difficult to monitor and police,  surely?

WHat are you talking about, I've always found toilets at football stadiums to be clean, spacious and a generally pleasant experience.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

WHat are you talking about, I've always found toilets at football stadiums to be clean, spacious and a generally pleasant experience.

Im always pleasantly surprised when I come out of Easter Roads toilets and havent caught some virus or other...............

The point being missed here, despite me making it very clearly earlier, is that in 4/5/6 months time we will most likely be back doing lots of things that aren't essential whilst social distancing. I was therefore pointing out that our attitudes to queuing, contact with people and everything else associated with it will likely have changed a great deal in that period. It therefore makes sense to try to discuss the possibilities of holding football matches with reduced capacities at some point in the future rather than shouting it down with "IT'S NOT ESSENTIAL".

You can’t compare going to the shops or even a restaurant to a football match though, that’s the problem. Sitting in a room with another 20 people eating while 2m apart is nothing like going into a stand with thousands of others. With everyone entering and leaving together, the halftime rush to the toilet and pie stall etc etc. It’s just not feasible without a vaccine because it would be nigh on impossible to maintain social distancing.

Mass gatherings such as concerts and sports events will be the last thing to be allowed to resume, and righty so. Who’s to say when that will be.

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

You can’t compare going to the shops or even a restaurant to a football match though, that’s the problem. Sitting in a room with another 20 people eating while 2m apart is nothing like going into a stand with thousands of others. With everyone entering and leaving together, the halftime rush to the toilet and pie stall etc etc. It’s just not feasible without a vaccine because it would be nigh on impossible to maintain social distancing.

Mass gatherings such as concerts and sports events will be the last thing to be allowed to resume, and righty so. Who’s to say when that will be.

This

I don't understand why clubs are dicking around. It's either end the season now or play behind closed doors with PPV. It might even be the same for a fair bit of next season. Accept it and get fucking on with it.

I need fitba NOW!

This
I don't understand why clubs are dicking around. It's either end the season now or play behind closed doors with PPV. It might even be the same for a fair bit of next season. Accept it and get fucking on with it.
I need fitba NOW!

It will be neither

Really? How do you see it being resolved? 

It will drag on throughout May and June with bickering amongst the clubs. Loads of statements before being taken out of the clubs hands by time. Season will officially be declared over at the end of June. Then the bickering will start again over whether next season can start by September.

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

It will drag on throughout May and June with bickering amongst the clubs. Loads of statements before being taken out of the clubs hands by time. Season will officially be declared over at the end of June. Then the bickering will start again over whether next season can start by September.

This is what will happen. The precedent has been set in Scotland. The season will be stopped and Celtic given the title same as Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove. We won't null and void the top league when that hasn't been done below it. 

16 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Not much social distancing in that photo.

17 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

This isn't strictly correct. If the financial distribution changes as part of this deal then it would require a Qualified Resolution, which actually doesn't need 15 clubs in the bottom two tiers - it needs 11-1 from the Premiership, 17-5 from the Premiership/Championship and 32-10 from the SPFL as a whole.

Nothing is on or off the table right now. The League 2 clubs are sounding off on their views but these are just based on some internal discussions between some or all of their chairmen and are likely just a negotiating tactic. If a different proposal gets put on the table then I'd expect some or all of them to roll over and get their tummy tickled as usual.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've lost track here, is a temporary reconstruction now off the table?

I think it's absolute madness to be trying to resolve long term reconstruction right now, tbh.

And temporary reconstruction is pandering to one club in particular and should be avoided at all costs, so if it's off the table then.. good.

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If the financial distribution changes as part of this deal

........and I kinda struggle to see how it wont.

But Budge has said today that they think the financial part can be "dealt with".

???

1 minute ago, Ric said:

And temporary reconstruction is pandering to one club in particular and should be avoided at all costs, so if it's off the table then.. good.

I disagree.

Hearts being relegated is funny but objectively it's not particularly fair. I can absolutely see the justification for a temporary reconstruction, so long as it included a fair distribution of money to help clubs through this.

Reconstruction is only on the table in the first place because of potentially relegated clubs so it is absolute madness to take that sort of permanent decision to 'pander to one club'.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

........and I kinda struggle to see how it wont.

But Budge has said today that they think the financial part can be "dealt with".

???

I agree with you. I think that any expansion of the top flight will necessarily require a change in the financial distribution - it won't get the top flight votes otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I disagree.

Hearts being relegated is funny but objectively it's not particularly fair. I can absolutely see the justification for a temporary reconstruction, so long as it included a fair distribution of money to help clubs through this.

Reconstruction is only on the table in the first place because of potentially relegated clubs so it is absolute madness to take that sort of permanent decision to 'pander to one club'.

It just kicks the problem down the road, if the league increases temporarily to 44 then 3 of the current League Two clubs could end up out the SPFL when the league's return to normal.  That's just shifting Hearts and Partick's problems onto other clubs.