League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 hours ago, McGarci said:

Why L2 teams dont want promotion from highland/lowland league? I think it is a shame promotes teams in every tier unless 5th

what It would the difference beetwen 14+14+14 and 14+14+16???

Because then some of them would go down at some point. It's all about saving themselves.

23 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Down here in England, it's reported that the government are keen to see football starting again, and the EPL are planning to finish the season during June and July (behind closed doors), and to start next season in late August.

Is there any reason that couldn't work in Scotland? Except maybe wee Nicola Krankie imposing different lockdown rules ...

What a wee bootlicking cretin you are.

To answer your question, yes there are reasons why that wouldn't work here.

I'll let you try to figure out those reasons.

P.S. What's wrong with one country having different guidelines than another? That's not only normal, but essential as different populations and countries need different guidelines, unless you're implying that every single country must have the exact same lockdown guidelines. 

Edited by DA Baracus

47 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

What a load of Tom Kite

1 Every team would be in the same boat

2 Punish 1 team...so that's fair?

3They are not champions yet ,season not completed

4 It would appear thats what players want

2. Other teams were "punished".

4. It's not what Anne Budge wants.

Edited by btb

9 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

What a load of Tom Kite

1 Every team would be in the same boat

2 Punish 1 team...so that's fair?

3They are not champions yet ,season not completed

4 It would appear thats what players want

1. No, they wouldnt. Some teams can afford to pay players endlessly until the new season begins, others cant. Some have most of their squads on contracts for next season, some dont.

2. I've made it clear I think punishing 3 clubs this Summer is better than punishing multiples of that next Summer. Theres no proposal that doesn't see clubs punished somewhere.

3. Dundee United and Cove are promoted as Champions, it is punishment to refuse to promote them. To me its preferable that clubs staring at relegation get relegated and teams staring at promotion get promoted.

4. I'm not sure the players opinion is overly relevant.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because then some of them would go down at some point. It's all about saving themselves.

What a wee bootlicking cretin you are.

To answer your question, yes there are reasons why that wouldn't work here.

I'll let you try to figure out those reasons.

P.S. What's wrong with one country having different guidelines than another? That's not only normal, but essential as different populations and countries need different guidelines, unless you're implying that every single country must have the exact same lockdown guidelines. 

I'm not sure whose boots I'm supposed to be licking. I merely asked a question, so I don't see any need for personal abuse. And you haven't answered the question

No, there's nothing wrong with having different guidelines, if justified. I wasn't implying anything, simply asking. There may be a blindingly obvious reason why it wouldn't work in Scotland, and I've missed it.

32 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Down here in England, it's reported that the government are keen to see football starting again, and the EPL are planning to finish the season during June and July (behind closed doors), and to start next season in late August.

Is there any reason that couldn't work in Scotland? Except maybe wee Nicola Krankie imposing different lockdown rules ...

Aye, here's one - the EPL are slaves to cash and dont give quite as much of a f**k about lives / health.

To expand. The Scottish discussions have already determined that there would be a requirement for upwards of 300 people to be involved at a large (Celtic / Rangers) closed doors match.

Its not all about whether players slaver or spit on one another, the safety of the staff outside of the players is also important and if any event can be staged in safety.

At the moment, I can barely move around the co op safely, cant buy a coffee - so football restarting in a month? Gie me a break.

None of that is anything to do with Nicola Sturgeon by the way.

2 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I'm not sure whose boots I'm supposed to be licking. I merely asked a question, so I don't see any need for personal abuse. And you haven't answered the question

No, there's nothing wrong with having different guidelines, if justified. I wasn't implying anything, simply asking. There may be a blindingly obvious reason why it wouldn't work in Scotland, and I've missed it.

43% of top flights Scottish Premiership clubs revenue comes through fans attending matches. 

11/20 EPL clubs could make a profit without any fans at the game.

You figure out why English clubs can play behind closed doors and Scottish clubs cant.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1. No, they wouldnt. Some teams can afford to pay players endlessly until the new season begins, others cant. Some have most of their squads on contracts for next season, some dont.

2. I've made it clear I think punishing 3 clubs this Summer is better than punishing multiples of that next Summer. Theres no proposal that doesn't see clubs punished somewhere.

3. Dundee United and Cove are promoted as Champions, it is punishment to refuse to promote them. To me its preferable that clubs staring at relegation get relegated and teams staring at promotion get promoted.

4. I'm not sure the players opinion is overly relevant.

1 What teams can endlessly pay until season starts ?Could be 2021

2 You haven't answered why any team should be punished,it's a world pandemic ffs

3 They are not champions,fixtures were not completed

4 It would appear the only opinion you think is relevant is your own

41 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

MONEY or the lack of it 

10 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

So you can't see why the rich clubs of the EPL, who could run without any fans at any time, can finish games behind closed doors whilst Scottish football, where matchday income makes up the majority of clubs' revenue, cannot do this? That's without touching the contract issues.

P.S. It's the boots of the Tories you're licking, and you were implying plenty with your 'wee Krankie' comment.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, pansjambo said:

1 What teams can endlessly pay until season starts ?Could be 2021

2 You haven't answered why any team should be punished,it's a world pandemic ffs

3 They are not champions,fixtures were not completed

4 It would appear the only opinion you think is relevant is your own

1. Celtic could. Hearts could last longer than Hamilton through fan donations etc.

2. BECAUSE THERE IS NO POSSIBLE PROPOSAL WHERE YOU DONT HAVE A TEAM PUNISHED

3. We're going around in circles.

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So you can't see why the rich clubs of the EPL, who could run without any fans at any time, can finish games behind closed doors whilst Scottish football, where matchday income makes up the majority of clubs' revenue, cannot do this? That's without touching the contract issues.

P.S. It's the boots of the Tories you're licking, and you were implying plenty with your 'wee Krankie' comment.

Thank you. You've answered the question.

Not quite sure what the Tories have to do with it. And for what it's worth, I rate Ms Surgeon pretty highly as a politician. But none of them are above a bit of mickey-taking.

29 minutes ago, pansjambo said:

yep ...I refer you to point 4 above

You're missing the point of a debate, generally both sides believe their opinion is right.

34 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Anyone who says "but the English Premiership are doing...... " should be banned for stupidity on the spot.

France, Holland, Belgium, Ireland to name few have stated they wont be playing football anytime soon.. 

Good point mate.

Netherlands have declared league void. Belgium have declared Brugge as champions. Wonder what France will do ??

35 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Anyone who says "but the English Premiership are doing...... " should be banned for stupidity on the spot.

France, Holland, Belgium, Ireland to name few have stated they wont be playing football anytime soon.. 

For the record, I didn't suggest that.

If the press is to be believed, the government are actually encouraging the EPL at least to investigate an early re-start "to lift the mood of the public".  Boris is a classics scholar, and will be well aware that the Roman emperors gave the plebs "bread and circuses" to keep them quiet.